Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
they are most certainly blocking those measures that would result in blanket coverage while assuring lower individual cost. They are blocking all efforts to hold for profit insurance companies to any reasonable standard, they insist that only "for profit" health care is any good, and that non profit health care is bad. They oppose measures that would allow drugs to be imported from coutries whose standards are every bit as high as ours, in order to assure excessive drug company profits, a measure that denies life saving drugs to many. Most also want to remove any kind of social safety net. . . they would much prefer that each individual do their own investing, they oppose any regulation of financial institutions, a combination of desires that will just about guarantee that those who are either cautious or unlucky, or both, risk being left with no funds for retirement at all. They refuse to recognize that a substantial number of bankruptcys are due to unpayable medical bills, and insist that any who can not earn huge amounts of money which will then be put into growth funds that will care for them and their heirs forever, are worthless, lazy, dumb, and have no right to live in such a great country as the U.S.
Breaking News: "trickle down" economics has not worked, will never work, and is destroying our country. Henry Ford was the one with the right idea. . . pay employees enough that they can buy the product you are making. . . assures happy employees, great sales, and good for everyone! The current G.O.P. attitude seems to be pay as little as possible, do your best to work your employees to death, provide as little in the way of health or other benefits as possible, and sock away your profits to enrich yourself. nice attitude. . . huh? Oh yeah. . . they are all good "Christians", too . . . . .
Republicans are not.. Where do you get your news from? Republicans CANT stop ANYTHING from passing that Democrats want.. NOTHING..

The only thing missing in your posting are facts.. So through all of your bs moaning and groaning about Republicans and become educated on facts before you post again..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 03:46 PM

241 posts, read 251,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I could literally show you hundreds of examples (as could any of my friends in the medical/pharmacy world), but that would violate privacy laws.
It's soooo true, but you just can't tell me about it. How convenient!
I'm also laughing at your "hundreds" of examples -- even if you were telling the truth, what's the population of the USA?

You are as transparently vile as Reagan himself.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:57 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
In philly recently a woman was arrested for prostitution -- advertising her body on craig's list for a pair of world series tickets. I hope all libs are proud of themselves for being the party in power and denying tickets to everyone. I had to suffer by watching on TV. It's long past time for free world series tickets for everyone.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:59 PM

241 posts, read 251,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
In philly recently a woman was arrested for prostitution -- advertising her body on craig's list for a pair of world series tickets. I hope all libs are proud of themselves for being the party in power and denying tickets to everyone. I had to suffer by watching on TV. It's long past time for free world series tickets for everyone.
Is this supposed to be a joke?

Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Republicans are not.. Where do you get your news from? Republicans CANT stop ANYTHING from passing that Democrats want.. NOTHING..

The only thing missing in your posting are facts.. So through all of your bs moaning and groaning about Republicans and become educated on facts before you post again..
Look, the fix was in from the beginning dealing with these insurance companies. The insurance lobby spent 10s of millions to influence congress. Who do you think wrote that 2000 page bill, democrats? Please.
The insurance companies wrote that bill to ingratiate themselves flush with cash, placing fines on those who do not purchase from a private insurance companies, when all said and done. You have the republicans angling for Tort reform, as though that's the answer to all our prayers, knowing full well that will save insurance companies big money also. Just follow where the money goes, now Them's the facts!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah yes of course View Post
Is this supposed to be a joke?
You could very easily have googled to see that its true..

'Desperate' Phillies fan arrested for offering sex in exchange for World Series tickets

Old 02-09-2010, 04:04 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah yes of course View Post
It's soooo true, but you just can't tell me about it. How convenient!
I'm also laughing at your "hundreds" of examples -- even if you were telling the truth, what's the population of the USA?

You are as transparently vile as Reagan himself.
And you're as sadly blind as the guy I know who still got a college education and a good job by working hard, despite his disability. He votes Republican, btw. Reagan would be proud.

You know, just because you don't want to believe the harsh truths of the world doesn't give you the right to question those of us who have to stare it straight in the face every day.

I would love to contact the media and authorities about every fraud I see perpetrated and every abuse I see committed. But there are rules. I can't even call immigration or the police when an illegal shows up using a stolen social security number.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
No surprise that Repubs don't give a damn about people like her. Republicans are just selfish.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Look, the fix was in from the beginning dealing with these insurance companies. The insurance lobby spent 10s of millions to influence congress. Who do you think wrote that 2000 page bill, democrats? Please.
The insurance companies wrote that bill to ingratiate themselves flush with cash, placing fines on those who do not purchase from a private insurance companies, when all said and done. You have the republicans angling for Tort reform, as though that's the answer to all our prayers, knowing full well that will save insurance companies big money also. Them's the facts!
So you are proclaiming the insurance companies are in bed with the Democrats? No argument here..

Old 02-09-2010, 04:06 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
they are most certainly blocking those measures that would result in blanket coverage while assuring lower individual cost. They are blocking all efforts to hold for profit insurance companies to any reasonable standard, they insist that only "for profit" health care is any good, and that non profit health care is bad. They oppose measures that would allow drugs to be imported from coutries whose standards are every bit as high as ours, in order to assure excessive drug company profits, a measure that denies life saving drugs to many. Most also want to remove any kind of social safety net. . . they would much prefer that each individual do their own investing, they oppose any regulation of financial institutions, a combination of desires that will just about guarantee that those who are either cautious or unlucky, or both, risk being left with no funds for retirement at all. They refuse to recognize that a substantial number of bankruptcys are due to unpayable medical bills, and insist that any who can not earn huge amounts of money which will then be put into growth funds that will care for them and their heirs forever, are worthless, lazy, dumb, and have no right to live in such a great country as the U.S.
Breaking News: "trickle down" economics has not worked, will never work, and is destroying our country. Henry Ford was the one with the right idea. . . pay employees enough that they can buy the product you are making. . . assures happy employees, great sales, and good for everyone! The current G.O.P. attitude seems to be pay as little as possible, do your best to work your employees to death, provide as little in the way of health or other benefits as possible, and sock away your profits to enrich yourself. nice attitude. . . huh? Oh yeah. . . they are all good "Christians", too . . . . .
Then I guess the 144 amendments in the House and Senate healthcare bills proffered by the Republicans were not really there .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies