Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
She is absolutely right. Especially the Tancredo speech where he alluded how we should bring back Jim Crowe and segregation-era policies of "literacy tests", and its plain to see how these teabagger rallies are just a collection of old people (mostly in their late 50s and above), who are angry that a person who happens to have dark skin is president.
Since when do a "collection of old people" not have the ability to gather and vote according to their principals?

If liberals had their way, the naysayers in this nation wouldn't have a say.

You people are disgusting.

If you don't like it, create your own tea party-esque movement to tell the world how much good Democrats have done. (LOL GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!)

Why does Meghan McCain have a microphone anyway? I don't recall that she has any influence whatsoever on anyone, anywhere, over any policy of any type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Yep its so funny now they wanted to suppress the Tea Party and say it is just a few nuts. Now they see the results of both Obamas policies and the movement with recent election results; they want deny freedom of expression. It started with the administration wanting to limit acess to Fox news and has gotten worse since.She is just one person with a agenda that is easily seen by listening to all her views. She should be free to express it just liike everybody else but it is only her views meaning little otherwise.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:04 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i don't think anyone is losing sleep over meghan mccain's position on anything. if the president can't sway the last 3 elections in his favor, she certainly isn't going to......

Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
It just shows that no matter how screwed up the Repubs are, there's always some hope!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
There is. and if anything-that may bring more to the Republican Party. You all should be happy about that.
lol More consider themselves to be conservative then " progressive" just how many do you think her words is going to bring to the republican party?

Do you think that McCain being a " republican" after Bush helped or hurt him?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:13 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Its truely telling that you would believe this. McCain was the hammer, Palin was the bent nail in the coffin.
How many days did you spend out talking to people before the election?

Its also common knowledge that McCain could only get a couple 100 maybe a few thousands to attend his events. When Palin was announced how many was she getting? That alone tells you who the people was supporting in McCain Vs Palin debate

Old 02-10-2010, 12:13 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I was watching an interview by Meghan McCain last night. EXCELLENT and SMART girl.

I love her.
She's right. The GOP needs a new face, and it ain't Sarah Palin. But if they hadn't figured that out after Bush, then they aren't going to figure it out now.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Maybe Sarah Palin is a total fruitcake. I don't know. I don't know her personally.

But extreme situations are what cause fruitcakes to come crawling out of the woodwork. And I think what this administration is trying to do is pretty extreme. Especially when most of it is in the name of 'doing something' for the sake of 'doing something.' And it's costing a ton of money. And it's raising my taxes.

We need less government, not more. We need lower taxes, not more spending. I don't care how that comes about...whether it be less war, fewer subsidies of whatever, fewer consumer 'incentives,'less foreign aid, welfare cuts...just stop the freakin' spending.

I will elect that person. The one who puts more money in my pocket to spread around the economy and shuts the government up and out of my life. And keep your damn 'moral' christian agendas out of my face.

Which candidate is that?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Let me ask you something how many people would attend a McCain rally before he announced Palin?

Then how many started attending once he did?

He was the nail in his own coffin. The R by his name was the hammer
How many more people flocked to circuses because they had "freak shows"? People love curiosities. Of course it does help turnout when you thump a bible in bible thumping areas of the country. Palin's references to God in her so called speeches is remarkable. She missed her true calling as a traveling Christian Revival, Evangelical, End Time believing, tent pitching preacher woman.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:28 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
our whole government right now is a freak show.

we have power hungry people putting our country in an increasingly dangerous position.

i don't even think america had a real choice in the last election-with both candidates pro war, pro bailouts, pro spending, and pro illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies