Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:27 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,936,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I was too young to vote when Reagan was in power. The only time I may have voted for him would be perhaps in 1980.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Would you have??? (voted for Reagan?)
You are young but surely you have a background with Reagan to cast an opinion especially if identifying as a Republican. Or are you not a Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 AM

4,434 posts, read 6,951,212 times
Quote:
You are young but surely you have a background with Reagan to cast an opinion especially if identifying as a Republican. Or are you not a Republican.
I am no republican or pro republican esp when the neo cons are a major influence within the party, as well as the christian right influence in it.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,820,147 times
Quote:
Alright. Bell curve style. Ron Paul Supporters (RPS) are not part of the normal distribution of Republicans. They (RPS) say they are Republicans but are matter-fact outliers and are a few deviations away of mean center from what the major majority of Republicans identify with.

"Ron Paul Republicans" are Isolationists. Ask a Ron Paul Republican if they voted for Reagan...!????
Were you old enough to vote for Reagan?

Old 02-10-2010, 05:50 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,344,074 times
Ron Paul is not a isolationist and is for free trade.To what extent of free trade he supports I am not sure.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,931,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Mainly, they'll once again alienate independent voters. Especially if somebody like Sarah Palin ends up being the nominee. The GOP has not learned its lesson - they can no longer ride "the base" to victory. Yes, this might even mean moving more to the center. I guess they're more committed to the ideology than they are to winning elections. The wingnuts don't decide who wins. Independent voters do. And from the look of it, this Tea Party stuff looks to be the false prophet when it comes to breaking the two-party oligopoly unless they resist this neocon nonsense and just becomes part of the same old GOP. By dropping a half million to listen to Palin read notes off her hand, it appears this is what they want to do.

Not that the Democrats are much better, mind. A move toward the middle would do them well too.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:10 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,052,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You dont say?

Ron Paul: ‘Neocon influence’ is infiltrating tea parties | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2010/02/paul-cautions-neocon-influence-infiltrating-tea-parties/ - broken link)
not sure if video link is okay for this forum,but there's a 10 min. interview with the charleston paper [non partisan,though intervier is a conservative commentator]. All political affiliations should be happy with this one. Google it if the link does not appear.Interview is dated feb. 15,2010

Interview with Ron Paul 2/15/10 | Southern Avenger | Charleston City Paper

Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Ron Paul is not a isolationist and is for free trade.To what extent of free trade he supports I am not sure.
He is not aligned with NAFTA and government intervention in free trade,which he believes creates the opposite of free trade. [which has proven to be true,unfortunately.]

Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,017,000 times
How is this an issue, or even worthy of surprise by anyone (unless they have suffered major head trauma)?

They have been bankrolling this since the start, with NeoCons as every major speaker or commenter on the issues.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The partisan squabbling is futile. Stop wasting your time trying to prove you and your "wing" is better than the other guy and his "wing".

The basic conflicts of ideology are but distractions from the underlying issue: Are you a predator or are you prey?

Under American law, starting with the Declaration of Independence, we know that government has two jobs:
1. secure rights,
2. govern those who consent.
We know or should know that inalienable rights (endowed by our Creator - not "given" by government) include life, liberty, property, and so forth.

We should also recognize that involuntary servitude, labor for the benefit of another, absent conviction for a crime, is unconstitutional. (13th amendment)

So if you've come this far, you may begin questioning the beliefs you've been taught all your life.

If you haven't knowingly, willingly, or intentionally given consent, then where did the government get the delegated power to:
A. Tax you and your property,
B. Compel you to do military service,
C. Compel you to do jury duty,
D. Compel you to obey,
E. Compel you to enroll in Social Security before you can work in your own country,
F. Compel you to act, that results in an injury to your inalienable rights to life, liberty, property, etc, etc.
I've asked government officials, and those who do answer, say we gave consent. It's in the law, in the public record, for all to read. . . but few Americans bother to read the law.

More info here
I will not go into depth in this brief post,but actually,by receiving a SS#,you have created a contract,and you have created yourself as a literaly 'social security'-you are traded as a 'security',in the market,as a corporate entity. This is why all documents-driver's license,passport,utlities,banking,etc. always have your name in all capital letters. Corporations are all capitals. You have given up yoru soveriegnty-and notice how in many rural areas,until a hundred years ago,there was often no record,or if there were marraige and birth records,they were held with the church? There is a reason there is such a movement to document everyone-ie,parts of the world today,africa,etc. there are no records,but this is changing,and it is not only for security reasons.

That said,you have the right to travel freely,as a sovereign individual of the United States FOR America. The United STates OF America,is DC jurisdiction,and it is a corporation. [US OF A,that is]. Under this jurisdiction,you do not have those same rights to travel freely and must therefore have a LICENSE to do so. IT's a business license.

I have a friend who has reclaimed her sovereignty;she filed in las vegas a few years ago. There is information on this primarily online,and it is difficult to wade thru and research.[her website is called spirit in form,and there is an article on the site that walks you through the process,in a very simple way,and points you to other resources. But the site itself is not dedicated to this information-it is one piece on there,if you want to look for it.]

As well,you should know,African Americans in some cases [not all are descended from slaves]will receive a Moor passport [during bush administration,these were in fact issued by condie rice,for example.]There's a group in LA who meet regularly on this issue,of reclaiming sovereignty for the MANY AA's who were NOT descended from slaves. Biggest scam of modern history,perhaps. self-perpetuating drama.

I know firsthand of this,it is real [ie,the difference between yourself as a corporate entity who requires license,and yoru sovereign self who has inalienable rights. You will see that marraige 'contracts' are the same: corporate mergers,in terms of civil ceremony aspect.]

The issue of course,is that most police officers and govmt workers will think you are loony,and you have to work around this issue-carrying a certified letter and copies of your sovereignty papers,instead of having the requisite,driver's license,car registration,etc.

And,it speaks ofr itself that the US government actually acknowledges and honors someone's request to reclaim,if they have the right info and go thru the process.

Obviously,you will not find this receptivity in other countries,though definitely european citizens,australians,south americans,etc. have a similar version of this reality,whereby they waived individual sovereign rights as a means of consenting to govmt,albeit without their knowledge.

It's a can of worms,and I will not post further b/c there is too much information,but if the info is of interest,you can do the research. [and yes,'attorneys' will tell you reasons why perhaps it's not valid,but they are actually w/o jurisdiction themselves,outside of the government corporate entity and it's operation. they do not realize that the laws they uphold and assist with,are part of this corporate consent.]

Anyway,have a great day!!!!
And PS.-No,I am not crazy.(: Read my other posts for confirmation.(:

Last edited by lrmsd; 02-16-2010 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 02-16-2010, 02:27 PM

76,927 posts, read 47,227,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You dont say?

Ron Paul: ‘Neocon influence’ is infiltrating tea parties | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2010/02/paul-cautions-neocon-influence-infiltrating-tea-parties/ - broken link)
Yep, I was a member in the tea party, but those neocon reeblicans pushed me out.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-16-2010 at 02:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies