Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you abort an unborn child if you knew he/she was gay
Yes 12 11.76%
No 90 88.24%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:25 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,162 times

Advertisements

Irrelevant. Being gay isn't genetic - unless somebody's identified a "gay gene" lately that I don't know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
Irrelevant. Being gay isn't genetic - unless somebody's identified a "gay gene" lately that I don't know about.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
Incidentally, organizations like NAMBLA and their ilk try and use the same sort of logic in rationalizing their wants for sex with little kids. They try to argue that the kids want it. As someone who was once a child and still remembers childhood, no they don't.
Good lord. The anti-gay clowns always have to bring up NAMBLA whenever there's a discussion about gays.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
Actually, there is evidence that there's a genetic component involved. Homosexuality does appear to run in families, and some women may be predisposed to having homosexual children.

Mom's Genetics Could Produce Gay Sons | LiveScience

Eventually, I'm positive that scientists will discover what causes people to become homosexuals rather than heterosexuals, and I won't be surprised if it will be able to be determined before a baby is born.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:40 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Good lord. The anti-gay clowns always have to bring up NAMBLA whenever there's a discussion about gays.
Come now, it is page 10. I'd call that very restrained. You do know the fisting czar should be here by page 12, right?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
And all eight who said "yes" are probably Republicans who are pro-choice.

Really? so you think you know do you. I am a pro-choice republican and I voted NO. Need me to say it again so you really get what an idiotic statement you made. NO I WOULD NOT ABORT!!!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,298,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Actually, there is evidence that there's a genetic component involved. Homosexuality does appear to run in families, and some women may be predisposed to having homosexual children.

Mom's Genetics Could Produce Gay Sons | LiveScience

Eventually, I'm positive that scientists will discover what causes people to become homosexuals rather than heterosexuals, and I won't be surprised if it will be able to be determined before a baby is born.
The news source was not a journal nor the article juried.
Therefore I didn't read it, but I would have liked to have seen who thinks it's alright to abort babies like that. It reveals something about a person.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
No but I might if it were a boy and it was determined that he would be just like Al Gore, or if it were a girl and she would turn out like Pelosi.
In all seriousness no I wouldn't abort a child because the child would be gay.
Is a gay person any less human?
Do their feelings have less meaning?
Many when they think of a gay person visualize the leather guys in gay parades. The fact is that most gays look and act just like everyone else.
They have feelings and dreams. Goals and desires to live a hassle free life.
Thats not such a big thing to ask for really.
I for one could love my child no matter what their sexual orientation. Its my child.... I would fight to the death against anyone who tried to harm my child even though he is now 23 years old. He is straight but I wouldn't care either way. He is my boy and that is all that matters.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,415,405 times
Quote:
At that time for me, what I liked would have been Mario Bros. and Bugs Bunny. Not a sexual thought in my brain. Girls had cooties when I was 8 years old.

Since sexual orientation determines who you are attracted to, I still hold that children don't have a sexual orientation.

Curiosity and lust are not one and the same.

Incidentally, organizations like NAMBLA and their ilk try and use the same sort of logic in rationalizing their wants for sex with little kids. They try to argue that the kids want it. As someone who was once a child and still remembers childhood, no they don't.
Uhhh... one problem... I WAS a kid, and I WAS sexually attracted to GIRLS as far back as 5. If this was just curiosity, why could I get erections at this time? Do you even believe what you're saying yourself?

One problem here: I have extraordinary memory since I was 3-4 years old. I remember earlier than any friend I've met. I'm telling you you're wrong. You may have been a bit regressed in your development, but I wasn't.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
At that time for me, what I liked would have been Mario Bros. and Bugs Bunny. Not a sexual thought in my brain. Girls had cooties when I was 8 years old.
Why do you assume that your history and experience represents the history and experience for everybody else? Not everyone is alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies