Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you abort an unborn child if you knew he/she was gay
Yes 12 11.76%
No 90 88.24%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Humans are not born homosexuals. Their minds become corrupted in sin during stages of their life. No one is born homosexual. Stop committing this fraud you people are born that way. It is a sickness obtained after birth.
Stop repeating lies. Or if what you're saying is true, then please reference a medical or psychological organization based somewhere in the modern world that agrees with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:12 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
When I think about it...even if children were born with a gay gene, why would a mother abort a child when they could just place them into gene therapy?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
I am a long time Republican who recently has starting voting and supporting the Libertarian party instead. Just so you know that in regards to my answer coming.

No I would not abort a baby if I knew it was gay, or mentally challenged or whatever.

Whether I support gay life style or not is not the point, people have a right to pursue happiness as they define it as long as their happiness or freedom doesn't intrude on someone else.

I have met a couple mentally handicapped people (retarded in non PC terms) who either excelled past what others thought was possible and or could teach "normal" people a thing or two about being good natured and remembering how to look at life in simple terms of wonder and fun.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:21 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What if the genetic test on gay people proves to be true. I think it is. And you were pregnant with an unborn whose gene tests showed the unborn would be gay.
We know its legal to abort the child but is it right for the woman to use the fact it will be gay a reason to abort ?

Absolutely not.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
well that is controversial. I would think it like others aborted would have to be unwanted for that reason. There are people with all kinds of reasons to aboprted a fetest.The pro abortion satnces is that like any is not teh government 's business and that government should also fund them. Persoanally i am Pro Life and would be aginst such test and of course such abortions.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:46 PM

341 posts, read 678,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Yes. The child is better off not growing up in a household where he or she would be made to hate and loathe the person he/she is.

If a person would be willing to disown an adult child because of his/her sexual preferences... just imagine the kind of abuse (mental and physical) that person would dish out while the child is still a minor.
So according to your philosiphy, you think that a child that has to deal with tremendous adversity is better off being aborted?

What if the child were to be straight but was to be born to a light-skinned mother and a dark-skinned father, then resembled the father and was made to hate it's dark-skin? Would you think aborting it would be a better choice because of the ignorance of the mother? In effect, what you are saying is that if a parent is ignorant and narrow-minded and has the potential to abuse the child, the unborn should be aborted. As long as we are playing "fantasy thread" why not let the baby be born and just kill the ignorant parent directly after the birth and let a gay couple adopt it?

Just for the record I am pro-choice but your reasoning is beyond alarming to me.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:11 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I don't guess it's worth pointing out to you that a large majority of pedophiles are heterosexual men?
But the one you held up as a shining example of homosexual wonderfulness was a pedophile

Quote:
Barney Frank has never been accused of pedophilia. Jerry Studds was a Republican. lol
Where in my post did i say Frank was a pedophile?

You must also be referring to Jerry Studds the non-existent Republican representative whereas I was talking about Gerry Studds, the Democratic representative from Massachusetts.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What if the genetic test on gay people proves to be true. I think it is. And you were pregnant with an unborn whose gene tests showed the unborn would be gay.
We know its legal to abort the child but is it right for the woman to use the fact it will be gay a reason to abort ?

No.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Absolutely not.
Thanks.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No.
I voted no also. it would be interesting to see the political side of the map for those that voted yes. Most conservatives would vote no being against abortions, most liberals would vote no for the reason that if the child is gay is not a reason to abort.
Liberals you would think be the ones voting yes to protect the right to choose. But most liberals would not abort a baby because they were gay.
Most conservatives would vote no because they oppose abortions but would they vote yes for this reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies