Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
So all that job growth during Eisenhower was just an illusion?

If you cut taxes on the rich, they will just hoard it.
If you raise taxes, they'll invest the money in their companies in order to avoid the high taxes.

Does that really make sense to you? Give them more money in their pockets but they WON'T spend it, take it away and they invest in their companies.

Really? That is ridiculous. When people have money they spend money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
The rich never do without, they just buy from other countries and or move to other countries. Look at all the celebrities who have moved to other countries so they don't have to pay the high property taxes.

The yachting industry suffered when taxes on yachts went sky high. The rich just bought their yachts from other countries and the yachting businesses here went bankrupt.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Does that really make sense to you? Give them more money in their pockets but they WON'T spend it, take it away and they invest in their companies.

Really? That is ridiculous. When people have money they spend money.
When poor and middle class people have money, they spend it; more so the poor because it's a matter of necessity.

Wonk Room » Progressive Infrastructure Investment Creates Six Times As Many Jobs As Conservative Proposals

Research Dispels Bush Claims That Tax Cuts Create Jobs

This whole notion of tax cuts just plays right into the GOP's playbook of "Starve the beast."

Old 02-10-2010, 09:37 PM

622 posts, read 1,664,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It has been proven that when you lower taxes on successful people with money that the government collects more money.

Rich successful people invest in things such as jobs and other items that put more money into the system.

Tax them to death and you will see the money going into the system going down.

Not a smart thing to do.

47% of losers in America pay ZERO money into the system. This is wrong!

How about going after them as I believe every single person 18 or older who can pass a physical should be paying into the system every single week. Even if you make 7.00 phr you need to be paying YOUR FAIR SHARE.
Well said. Allow us to keep more of our money, and we reinvest it into our company.. How? By buying more equipment, more supplies and by EMPLOYING MORE PEOPLE. By having the extra money that wasnt just WASTED on taxes, we turn around and spend that money on growing our company, which in turn, pumps more money into our country and economy.

Why is that so hard to understand? It's not just these big corporate hotshots who are being taxed.. its the small businesses too, the ones who fuel this country, who are being hurt by these ridiculous tax increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Because the Republicans also support smaller government.
indeed.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
Well said. Allow us to keep more of our money, and we reinvest it into our company.. How? By buying more equipment, more supplies and by EMPLOYING MORE PEOPLE. By having the extra money that wasnt just WASTED on taxes, we turn around and spend that money on growing our company, which in turn, pumps more money into our country and economy.

Why is that so hard to understand? It's not just these big corporate hotshots who are being taxed.. its the small businesses too, the ones who fuel this country, who are being hurt by these ridiculous tax increases.

indeed.
I'd be okay with lowering taxes for small businesses.
I have no sympathy for behemoth corporations.

Another thing that would help out small businesses is universal health care....another thing I'm for.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
When poor and middle class people have money, they spend it; more so the poor because it's a matter of necessity.

Wonk Room » Progressive Infrastructure Investment Creates Six Times As Many Jobs As Conservative Proposals

Research Dispels Bush Claims That Tax Cuts Create Jobs

This whole notion of tax cuts just plays right into the GOP's playbook of "Starve the beast."

I guess it depends on where you go what kind of data you get.

Also even if they do not spend it they and they invest it, they will pay either interest taxes or capital gains taxes. The government gets money back. If a company is being taxed out the ass they either cut back to lower taxes or just move out of the country.

Ten Myths About the Bush Tax Cuts

Quote:
Myth #1: Tax revenues remain low.
Fact: Tax revenues are above the historical average, even after the tax cuts.

Myth #6: Raising tax rates is the best way to raise revenue.
Fact: Tax revenues correlate with economic growth, not tax rates.

Myth #7: Reversing the upper-income tax cuts would raise substantial revenues.
Fact: The low-income tax cuts reduced revenues the most.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
I'd be okay with lowering taxes for small businesses.
I have no sympathy for behemoth corporations.

Another thing that would help out small businesses is universal health care....another thing I'm for.
A lot of small business owners say universal health care will bankrupt them. I don't know how it is going to help them. Only the "behemoth corporations" will be able to supply it.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
A lot of small business owners say universal health care will bankrupt them. I don't know how it is going to help them. Only the "behemoth corporations" will be able to supply it.
I'm confused by the part in bold.

If universal health care is achieved via an employer-based system, sure it could bankrupt them.

If it's a single-payer system or something like the German or French system, it won't bankrupt them.

The book Amazon.com: The Tyranny of Dead Ideas: Letting Go of the Old Ways of Thinking to Unleash a New Prosperity (9780805087871): Matt Miller: Books is a good read.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times
Default you forgot one group...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
unless you're on welfare or are a communist, why support the Democratic Party?
the biggest fraud of all: Public Parasites (Public Employees, otherwise known as government "workers").
They support the democrats because they support anyone or anything that makes them more comfortable(financially or emotionally) at the expense of others. The same taxpaying "little people" others that they have so much contempt for.

That's the election of Obummer in a nutshell. Liberal progressive democrat greed. And the fraud of using "hope and change" to hoodwink normal people.

Why not a little experiment? Every poster here must include the percentage of taxpayer funded income he or she receives, and where it comes from. Example: If you are a teacher, you must put: 100%; state/local. If you are a cubicle rat in a Federal agency, you would put: 100%; federal.
And you must be honest. None of this "I'm a lifelong Republican who voted for Obama" type of crap.
Any takers?
C'mon lefties, here is your chance to walk the walk. To offer some transparency. To prove you are the party of "yes we can!"

oh!... and no, I won't be holding my breath.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I guess it depends on where you go what kind of data you get.

Also even if they do not spend it they and they invest it, they will pay either interest taxes or capital gains taxes. The government gets money back. If a company is being taxed out the ass they either cut back to lower taxes or just move out of the country.

Ten Myths About the Bush Tax Cuts
Good 'ol Heritage. Of course a site that gets a bunch of money for corporations will be on the side of tax cuts for very wealthy individuals.

Greed...plain and simple. That's what drives it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies