Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I've heard this pseudo-argument so many times it's ridiculous: Blacks can't be racist because they don't have power.

Now obviously, as a result of the fact that whites wield more political and social power, a black person is statistically more likely to encounter racism and this is where the supposed "power" dynamic fits into the equation.

However, if a black person hates white people and expresses it outwardly he/she is engaging in racism pure and simple. No amount of semantic tap dancing can nullify this basic fact. To argue otherwise is to embrace a logical fallacy.

I lived in Atlanta for five years during which time I met plenty of black racists, and when I called them on it they usually cited the above defense. It doesn't take any power to call someone a cracker, pecker-wood, white-boy or the old standby: ******. This happened to me many times and believe me, I definitely felt discriminated against. If you engage in that kind of behavior on a regular basis you are a racist. There would be more dignity in admitting it. Hypocrisy is almost as repugnant as racism.
I assume with black people it is more like counter-racism resulting from the past couple of centuries. But it's true, the way it works is just as nasty, unfair, and counterproductive as the original racism on the part of white people.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:02 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
I read a number of posts on this website and noticed one thing, that a lot of the people on here are very close minded and have stereotypical views. You may say I am being stereotypical with this post, but every subject on here is about black people being thugs, sinners (due to race may I add), and comparison to being gay which is totally asinine! But I do believe that White people have an insatiable appetite to be in control of, steal from and disrespect other cultures. So answer this Whites, Blacks, Asian's , Hispanics, Middle Eastern, Multi-Racial people, are white people racist due to genetics?
Sure, the only people in the world who are bigots are people with white skin - you nailed it, very insightful of you. Now you need to travel the world and tell all the other races on the planet, that do not have white skin, that they are not racists. too bad that your insightful revelation was not arrived at before the Hutus and Tutsis murdered each other.

Last edited by Wapasha; 02-11-2010 at 10:51 AM..

Old 02-11-2010, 10:03 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I'm THERE, dude!

The call just came in.
The folks in Copenhagen want to contribute to my work, agreeing that before there were white people, the planet was much hotter.

Some Christian groups have shown their support also, saying that it was the "Advent" of white people that killed off the dinosaurs.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:05 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I've heard this pseudo-argument so many times it's ridiculous: Blacks can't be racist because they don't have power.

Now obviously, as a result of the fact that whites wield more political and social power, a black person is statistically more likely to encounter racism and this is where the supposed "power" dynamic fits into the equation.

However, if a black person hates white people and expresses it outwardly he/she is engaging in racism pure and simple. No amount of semantic tap dancing can nullify this basic fact. To argue otherwise is to embrace a logical fallacy.

I lived in Atlanta for five years during which time I met plenty of black racists, and when I called them on it they usually cited the above defense. It doesn't take any power to call someone a cracker, pecker-wood, white-boy or the old standby: h*nkey. This happened to me many times and believe me, I definitely felt discriminated against. If you engage in that kind of behavior on a regular basis you are a racist. There would be more dignity in admitting it. Hypocrisy is almost as repugnant as racism.

Racism is the belief that there are inherent differences between the races that result in the superiority of one race over another. For example, behavior or beliefs being "genetic" for a particular race.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:08 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,235,972 times
Quote:
no not racist, just noticed that a lot of white people especially on here are.... why don't you check the blog posts for yourself and than check back with me.. I guarantee you'll understand why I created this post.... one post was Would you rather be black or gay? another post was Why are there so many black teenager thugs? and than ask me if I'm racist again. Who is really the racist?
Did you try to answer the bolded part or did you just waltz around it?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times
Quote:
o please you obviously didn't get the reasoning for the post.. once again this post is a parody to the other retarded racist posts on this site... I am a college grad... you can't be genetically racist... you have a better chance being a serial killer through genetics .. just making a point.. if you don't get it.. sorry for ya....!
Congrats!! You are a college grad racist. Good for you!!

Again, title should've been: Why are people posting so many racist threads. If, that was "your" intention!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:19 AM

608 posts, read 923,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The folks in Copenhagen want to contribute to my work, agreeing that before there were white people, the planet was much hotter.

Some Christian groups have shown their support also, saying that it was the "Advent" of white people that killed off the dinosaurs.
I've spent considerable time researching your hypothosis and have concluded that due to the heat-stealing white folks that have populated the North American Continent for around the last 400 years, temperatures declined until Hispanics started to enter the USA in large numbers in the 1980s. That along with the influx of Indians, mideastern peoples, Africans, etc durring that last 25 years may be the REAL reason for increased temps in the USA over the last decade!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,420 times
If the same people attacked all the racist posts made by whites against blacks like they are attacking the OP, they wouldn't be racist. Yet a lot of people (not all) attacking the OP are the same ones agreeing with the racist posts made against blacks. The OP does not think Whites are genetically racist, she is playing devil's advocate but there are people here who believe blacks are genetically inferior and start multiple threads trying to prove this. I see when White people are attacked and generalizations are made, the same people making generlizations in other threads are claiming the OP is racist for doing what they do. All White people should not be blamed for the actions of a group of White people but the same can be said about any race. All blacks should not be blamed or held responsible for others. I think that is the point.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I've spent considerable time researching your hypothosis and have concluded that due to the heat-stealing white folks that have populated the North American Continent for around the last 400 years, temperatures declined until Hispanics started to enter the USA in large numbers in the 1980s. That along with the influx of Indians, mideastern peoples, Africans, etc durring that last 25 years may be the REAL reason for increased temps in the USA over the last decade!
Well, everyone knows that Global Warming causes Global Cooling.

Washington, DC is 90% black.

What does this tell you?

The increased condensate is white.

U.S. Office of Personnel Management - Operating Status (http://www.data.gov/notice/ - broken link)

Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Goodness....I think all colors have been singled out at one time or another and been a victim of racism and been racist(knowingly and unknowingly) As a nurse I was called a racist for asking a black patient if she needed lotion because she said her skin was dry and ashy and I asked if all black people get ashy..I was just curious and yet she was offended. I just know I never heard a white person say they were ashy. We all seem to need to walk on eggshells. Such knee jerk reactions to the littliest of things. I see racism in some form or another just about every day. Don't most people if truthful and racism isn't just a word black people claim, many cultures, skin colors are affected by racism.
I think we all are curious about each other. It's human nature. Now, my white girlfriends and I talk about different topics. We talk about hair or skin, whatever. Someone I barely know -- I do think to myself is she/he being racist or curious. I stop and check myself.

Goodgal, if I find myself in your hospital, if I need some lotion. Give me the damn lotion!! I can't have guys stopping by saying wow, she's attractive, but DAMN is she ashy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies