Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:46 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times

Advertisements

The beating this girl took was nothing short of attempted murder. When a person kicks another person in the head repeatedly rendering that person unconscious then the attack must be consider attempted murder and should be prosecuted in that manner.

Regardless of what their jobs required by their employer they should have had the decency to act as human beings and prevented the attack. From the video there were others who also stood by and did nothing.

We as a society we are a disgrace among ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Maybe next time she'll think twice before acting so white.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:51 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,812 times
Another "Uncle Tom" beat down.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
You said "if the girl had been white she would not have had a problem".I say if she had been a white girl she would have taken a beating.Who are you kidding,I challenge any white person to go to an all black neighborhood or part of town.There is a very good chance you will get attacked.I challenge you
Challenge accepted. I just got back from visiting a friend in Inglewood, and guess what? I'm fine.

I challenge you to stop fearing black people.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:04 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,695 times
I think were drifting off from the real story here, The tax payers are paying for "security" that are "required to not provide security"
This seems to be on par with most other government programs.
I can't wait for the gov to start running healthcare, maybe we can hire doctors to not cure people.
I mean seriously we live a country run by complete idiots

bill

Old 02-11-2010, 06:21 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times
I would certainly try to sue the "Security guards". WTF do they think the word "security" stands for??

BTW. To the poster above me. Since when are security guards paid for by tax payers? Security Guards work for private companies..

Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I too am a person of color...but I will never ever ever, associate proper behavior with 'white'....never ever ever will I do that...

Cause I have encountered plenty of 'whites' with bad behavior, terrible behavior, behavior that effects ones ability to get hired or earn a living...

I've also observed plenty of 'whites' who speak very improper...just go to missisppi or Goergia or South Carolina or Virginia or West Virginia...

I use to be a driver, and couldn't understand half the people on the cb radio....

I associate proper with God...and nothing else...
Hier ist ein Dolmetscher für Sie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrn5...eature=related

Old 02-11-2010, 06:45 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Challenge accepted. I just got back from visiting a friend in Inglewood, and guess what? I'm fine.

I challenge you to stop fearing black people.
phail.

Inglewood is hardly an all black community. Not even close. Nowadays Compton is pretty nice. LOL.

Hispanics rule the California ghettos, Blacks have moved up and out. The "black" neighborhoods in Socal are some of the nicer areas.

Try East St Louis bro. You won't feel safe.

RE the OP, WTF? That video is disturbing. Whats the point of having security if they don't provide security?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:00 PM

507 posts, read 678,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksevers View Post
I am sure you didn't intend for it to come across as if you are placing a bit of the blame on this poor girl. What if her parents are just raising her right? What if she has made the decision to NOT associate with the likes of those thugs? What if she is an honor student who wants to do the best she can and move mountains when she gets out of college?? Didn't Bill Cosby speak out about thugs such as these a few years ago? I know he got some heat for it, but it NEEDS to be addressed. It is out of control and it will only get worse as long as people continue to worry about "offending" people by just being silent. Sick.
I'm not placing blame at all. As I said in my previous post, I have been accused of acting white most of my life. That girl easily could have been me. I think people need to understand that the black population is diverse, and there is no specific way a black person should act. I think the issue of not typically addressed because the wider population does not even see this as an issue (as seen by a few of the posts here).

Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 PM

64 posts, read 54,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
SEATTLE -- A 15-year-old girl who was badly beaten and robbed in a Seattle bus tunnel as three unarmed security guards looked on told investigators that she thought the men would protect her.
The statements were revealed in court papers filed Wednesday against the teen girl accused of attacking her and the three young men accused of stealing her purse, phone and iPod. The four were all charged with first-degree robbery.

The victim told a King County sheriff's detective that the group followed her from a nearby department store into the bus tunnel at Westlake Station on Jan. 28, and she deliberately stood next to the three guards.
The guards didn't intervene, though. They have standing orders to "observe and report," so they called police but did nothing else as another 15-year-old girl punched and repeatedly kicked the victim in the head.
Government officials as well as executives at Olympic Security Services Inc., which employs the guards, are reviewing that protocol after the guards' response was caught on surveillance video.
"I went to the security and told them that these kids were trying to jump me," the girl said. "I know that I am about to get jumped and I am hanging around the guards to try and get protection. ... I thought the security guards would defend me."
The girl, who is black, also told the detective that the altercation began at a nearby department store, where some in the group made threatening comments that she had "nice things" and that she acts "white."

Video shows Seattle security guards 'observe & report' attack, but don't aid brutally beaten girl

Unfortunate situation, security and police have no duty to protect you or serve you, the security is there to report crimes and protect staff. The police job is to investigate crimes. I don't want to sound cold, but legally spaking police or security have no duty to protect anyone, that is why you have the right to bear arms, if someone harasses you bam, right in the kisser.

The part I dislike is how police act up when they see you have a gun even if it is legal. Like why do you have a gun? Because it is my duty to defend myself from any potential harm, the supreme court ruled the police have no responsibility to protect any individual citizen. There was a women a few months ago in penn. whow as being gang raped an officer watched and did nothing as he waited for back up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies