Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
And how must I be thinking about your response right now...when you yourself 'don't get it'....
Landobutter understands quite well.
Quote:
People who think their more clever than others always miss the point...

And again...show me where we've ever ran out of money? Where does the money we don't already have keep coming from?
Please tell me you are about 14. I'll excuse this type of posting from someone who's never held a job..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 07:38 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
For the record, I erased the laughing part...

But on another note...sometimes you have to think 'dumb' in order to see things more clearly...

That's why you reacted the way you did...cause I softly hit you with a cold hard reality about government funding...it will never go away....they will always be able to generate billions of dollors for whatever they want to justify spending it on....period...

Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 PM

109 posts, read 114,160 times
It's spelled "dollars". Otherwise, I bow to your awesome intellect...

Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Im tired of people thinking FOX news is a real news source,,Its not Its just there for laughs. Just a clown show like Rush Noballs..lol

Old 02-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landobutter View Post
It's spelled "dollars". Otherwise, I bow to your awesome intellect...
Oh stop it...

Old 02-11-2010, 07:57 PM

918 posts, read 816,969 times
Default Landobutter

This is a bit embarrasing, but I'll break the news to you. Our US paper version of do-re-mi used to be backed by the gold we have in actual storage, mostly in gold bullion in Ft. Knox, KY. Some years back we went off the gold standard. That was the politicians not being satisfied with spending money, paper money, at a rate so fast that it was closing in on the total gold value assets the Treasurry Dept owned. In their inifnite wisdom and iresponsible impertinence congress passed the law taking us off that standard, whcih the President gladly signed. At that point Mr. Landobutter, what backed the value of our PAPER MONEY was..."the full faith and credit of th United States government". This is a badsic concept tha most left-wingers fail to grasp or they woildn't support someone who contiunes to and advocates for more spending of MONEY WE DON'T HAVE. There is nothing of value backing up our dollar. If international markets lose confidence in the stability of the value of that dollar and our US credit rating issued by Moody's drops out of the Triple A rating all Hell will break lose. Runaway inflation will ensue to make the Carter years look like amateur night and there'll likely be the survival mentality take place as anarchy and disorder sets in with violence in the streets and people fighting for basic foodstuff items needed to exist on. Most libs and lefties pooh-pooh this as extremist rhetoric, but most all sane and honest economic experts know it's the predictable future, IF we do fail to make a disciplined and serious reversal of spending policy NOW. We need to literally go on an austerity budget and start reducing the size of government and voting out as many of the existing congress as deserve it. That's a first step towards regaining a modicum of respect in world financial markets. That is critical. If we do NOT and SOON, the SHTF for sure!.

I recommend that you Google up the name of Art Laffer. He's a very astute, well-respected and intelligent economist with a doctorate and writes for the WSJ and other papers and some few online blogs. You'll get a free education and it's worth the time invested. The alternative is you can listen to the left on this site and believe what they tell you, but it doesn't hold water in the face of reality.

Good luck.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got to thinking it might interest you to know how bad off we really are. We still have gold in Ft. Know. We, by current figures, have 147.3 million ounces. That may sound like a lot, but it's NOT carried at market value, which is part of the catch22. If it were and we could start selling off slowly witout killing the market, which we cannot possibly do we'd be fine.That's the other part of that same catch22. It's really MUCH worse than that, but I'm resisting giving you the worst of it. So we carry gold at a devalued level of only $42.22 per ounce. Wonder what all those leftie econmists I'm going to see quoted woud say about that? Need I say any more?

Last edited by doctorhugo; 02-11-2010 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: additional info post

Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 PM

109 posts, read 114,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Im tired of people thinking FOX news is a real news source,,Its not Its just there for laughs. Just a clown show like Rush Noballs..lol
Dang, that was just a brilliant and witty post. You really got me there, chief.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 PM

418 posts, read 487,792 times
Quote:

That's why you reacted the way you did...cause I softly hit you with a cold hard reality about government funding...it will never go away....they will always be able to generate billions of dollors for whatever they want to justify spending it on....period...

That's what they thought in Weimar Republic, Zimbabwe, Hungry, Iceland, Turkey, Latin America... need I go on?

Ever heard of the 70s stagflation in the US? How about the price controls? Or rather shortages.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
This is a bit embarrasing, but I'll break the news to you. Our US paper version of do-re-mi used to be backed by the gold we have in actual storage, mostly in gold bullion in Ft. Knox, KY. Some years back we went off the gold standard. That was the politicians not being satisfied with spending money, paper money, at a rate so fast that it was closing in on the total gold value assets the Treasurry Dept owned. In their inifnite wisdom and iresponsible impertinence congress passed the law taking us off that standard, whcih the President gladly signed. At that point Mr. Landobutter, what backed the value of our PAPER MONEY was..."the full faith and credit of th United States government". This is a badsic concept tha most left-wingers fail to grasp or they woildn't support someone who contiunes to and advocates for more spending of MONEY WE DON'T HAVE. There is nothing of value backing up our dollar. If international markets lose confidence in the stability of the value of that dollar and our US credit rating issued by Moody's drops out of the Triple A rating all Hell will break lose. Runaway inflation will ensue to make the Carter years look like amateur night and there'll likely be the survival mentality take place as anarchy and disorder sets in with violence in the streets and people fighting for basic foodstuff items needed to exist on. Most libs and lefties pooh-pooh this as extremist rhetoric, but most all sane and honest economic experts know it's the predictable future, IF we do fail to make a disciplined and serious reversal of spending policy NOW. We need to literally go on an austerity budget and start reducing the size of government and voting out as many of the existing congress as deserve it. That's a first step towards regaining a modicum of respect in world financial markets. That is critical. If we do NOT and SOON, the SHTF for sure!.

I recommend that you Google up the name of Art Laffer. He's a very astute, well-respected and intelligent economist with a doctorate and writes for the WSJ and other papers and some few online blogs. You'll get a free education and it's worth the time invested. The alternative is you can listen to the left on this site and believe what they tell you, but it doesn't hold water in the face of reality.

Good luck.
excellent post, only flaw was when you brought that left vs right stuff into it...the people at the top, who control the world, at least the Capitolistic side of the world...could care less about the left right caddance...It's all about money and power....

the higher up you get, the more the two sides merge...

Like a gangster on the street, there is no left or right...just conquest, power and money.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 PM

418 posts, read 487,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post

Good luck.

This Art Laffer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU6PamCQ6zw

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies