Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times

Advertisements

Now who in the world would make such comments about her?

The Left;

Sarah Palin Populism: Savvy Speech to Tea Party Movement - TIME

Quote:
It was classic Palin, a brilliant line, brilliantly delivered: she does folksy far better than George W. Bush or any of the other Republican focus-group populists ever did. It was the signature line of her speech, which rocked the joint — and then, slowly, began to rock the national political community.
Joan Williams: Sarah Palin Plays Chess

Quote:
Here's my take on why: she knew that they would be visible when she gave the speech. And she knew that she would be made fun of -- as so stupid that she needs to write notes on her hand. And that's one of her most effective tactics -- to be made fun of. It's an integral part of her strategy of standing in for hardworking, Middle Americans, derided by the condescending, know-it-all liberal elites.
Conspiracy theories abound!

David S. Broder - Sarah Palin displays her pitch-perfect populism - washingtonpost.com

Quote:
The snows that obliterated Washington in the past week interfered with many scheduled meetings, but they did not prevent the delivery of one important political message: Take Sarah Palin seriously.
Hilarious! I'm dying of laughter over here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 01:32 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,657,184 times
Yet again they commend anti-intellectualism and try to make us believe that millionaires are 'regular people'.

I'm laughing too:

David Broder Is Really Into Sarah Palin This Week

Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

The Left;

David S. Broder - Sarah Palin displays her pitch-perfect populism - washingtonpost.com

Palin uses sound bites in place of real solutions. She's a no-show intellectually. 52% of republicans don't think she's qualified to be President.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,415,980 times
Quote:

The Left;

Wonderful. Then run the nut for president. "Only" some 70% of the public think she's unfit to serve...I mean, what could go wrong?

http://www.americablog.com/2010/02/o...AMERICAblog%29

Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,396,880 times
Quote:

The Left;

ROFLMMFAO!! The OP didn't read the WHOLE article . . . imagine that!

From Sarah Palin Populism: Savvy Speech to Tea Party Movement - TIME

"The speech was inspired drivel, a series of distortions and oversimplifications, totally bereft of nourishing policy proposals — the sort of thing calculated, carefully calculated, to drive lamestream media types like me frothing to their keyboards. Palin is a big fat target, eminently available for derision. But I will not deride. Because brilliance must be respected, especially when it involves marketing in an era when image almost always passes for substance."

Last edited by theolsarge; 02-11-2010 at 01:52 PM..

Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
roflmmfao!! The op didn't read the whole article . . . Imagine that! :d

From sarah palin populism: Savvy speech to tea party movement - time

"the speech was inspired drivel, a series of distortions and oversimplifications, totally bereft of nourishing policy proposals — the sort of thing calculated, carefully calculated, to drive lamestream media types like me frothing to their keyboards. Palin is a big fat target, eminently available for derision. But i will not deride. Because brilliance must be respected, especially when it involves marketing in an era when image almost always passes for substance."

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,017,090 times
Quote:
ROFLMMFAO!! The OP didn't read the WHOLE article . . . imagine that!

"The speech was inspired drivel, a series of distortions and oversimplifications, totally bereft of nourishing policy proposals — the sort of thing calculated, carefully calculated, to drive lamestream media types like me frothing to their keyboards. Palin is a big fat target, eminently available for derision. But I will not deride. Because brilliance must be respected, especially when it involves marketing in an era when image almost always passes for substance."
Problem with reading comprehension? Or perhaps you didn't read the WHOLE article.

Try again...read the whole thing. You might actually get it then.

I especially liked the "marketing in an era when image almost always passes for substance". Wonder who that was aimed at?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 PM

6,082 posts, read 6,024,486 times
Quote:

The Left;

My, my. You are more into the liberal elitist, commie media than I am. Bravo, we've got a convert.

But as you well know from a poll, you referred to in another post, President Obama would utterly demolish any known right winger in an election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Looks like, you once again missed a few things, so allow me to assist you here sanrene.

Obama has a 50% poll approval rating which is a strong predicator of re-election.

The Dems and repubs will predominately vote along party lines but Obama still has a significant portion of the independents coupled with the greater number of Dems over repubs, Obama could very well take the election if it were held today.

And most importantly there is no right wing candidate that the majority of Republicans and right leaning Indies find appealing. 42% felt that way, while only 11% found Palin appealing. Brownie only got 3%.

In conclusion of the FACTS presented by the poll, Obama is more than 3X popular than the most appealing Republican and would demolish any of the named Republican candidates in an election.

So who's blood is that staining the floor?
And Ms. Palin is surely in troubled waters. Correction it should say 71% view Palin unqualified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Things are not looking well for Palin.

Very few Americans are supportive much less knowledgable about the Tea Partiers her supposed base.

Even more revealing is that only 55% approve of Palin and 71% see her as qualified to be President. (Pheww!) Even among Republicans and conservatives their opinion of her is low.

One of the McCain clan lashed out against Palin recently too.

Truly independent conservatives like Libertarian Ron Paul, feel Palin is trying to hijack a legitimate grassroots movement.

Things are not looking good for Palin. She is losing whatever support and credibility she has fast.

While "El Bull", Alan Grayson is looking stronger and stronger. He even might be able to garner support from true fiscal conservatives and libertarians like Paul. What chance would she have against such a man?

Indeed, the future seems to be pretty bleak for Todd Palin's agend,..., er,..., Sarah Palin's sincere political aspirations and ideals.

Sadly for Ms. Palin, she would most certainly lose by a vast margin, if she were to face El Bull in a Presidential election today.
But since you're so into liberal media, this news should be music to your ears.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:03 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,575,068 times
Default Palin; "Brilliant Strategist", "Pitch Perfect", "Savvy"

Quote:

The Left;

I can't hear you.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:16 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,727,450 times
Quote:
ROFL!! The OP didn't read the WHOLE article . . . imagine that!

There will be time for policy proposals. But that time is not now. What Palin is doing is articulating the principles that must be the basis for concrete policy proposals. Policy wonks like Bill Clinton and Obama are enamored with policy--the more detailed the better. People like Reagan and Palin are about articulating and defining principles that guide policy choices. Her principles are bedrock American. That why she resonates with people.

First and foremost is a belief in God, the author of all that is good about America. Belief in God keeps politicians humble, a virtue sorely lacking among current politicians. Example: thinking that mankind can control climate. Sheer hubris! Then she builds on the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution (documents that liberals pay lipservice to but nothing else). Then there is her belief and trust in the people, without which democracy is a sham. From that flows the principle that the people, not government, are sovereign and that government must be accountable to the people (putting government back on the side of the people is how Palin puts it). She believes in essential equality before the law. Wealth and position create responsibility, not privilege. She believes in free markets and free enterprise and is against crony captialism wherein the treaury is looted for the benefit of the few and the well-placed. She believes in American exceptionalism--that America is unique among nations in the freedom and opportunity it offers citizen and immigrant (legal) alike. She recognizes that there is evil in the world and that America is a force for good. She knows that if America yields its sovereign to multinational organizations or retreats from engagement in the world a vacuum will be created that likely will be filled with nations and powers inimical to the peace and good order of the world community.

It's been a generation since Reagan reminded us of these principles and, in doing so, restored our self confidence as a nation. That is what is lacking today and that is what Palin represents. She applied some of these principles on the small stage of Alaska and was successful. Her policies flowed from those principles. There will be time to formulate other policies that can do the same for the country as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies