Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 03:39 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,142,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Members of the Senate Finance Committee unveiled a long-awaited bipartisan jobs bill Thursday morning — only to have it scrapped within hours by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Reid kills Baucus-Grassley jobs bill - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

I am SO glad that I'm going to be able to personally play a role in ousting that idiot come November. Reid should have been fired long ago, but better late than never.

Anyway, this is for all those lefties who are saying that the (R)s are "the party of 'no'."

Spin away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,770,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I am SO glad that I'm going to be able to personally play a role in ousting that idiot come November. Reid should have been fired long ago, but better late than never.

Anyway, this is for all those lefties who are saying that the (R)s are "the party of 'no'."

Spin away.
No spin, cause he's a power-freak, seeing his power withering. Begone, Rat!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Spin away.
From the link:

"Reid told reporters that the Baucus-Grassley bill wouldn’t do enough to show voters that the Senate was serious about addressing the unemployment problem.

“The message is so watered down with people wanting other things in this big package that we’re going to have to come back and finish that,” he said."

I read earlier today that the bill barely addressed jobs creation, so, better to go back to the drawing board.

Some more details here:

Reid Tosses Bloated Bipartisan Jobs Bill For Something Leaner

Old 02-11-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I read earlier today that the bill barely addressed jobs creation, so, better to go back to the drawing board.
The dems have been playing "all or nothing" since they took over. Yet, even with a supermajority, they STILL couldn't accomplish anything.

Who is the real "party of 'no'" here?

Quote:
HuffPo? Seriously?

Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,920,254 times
This offers a bit more information than the other links.

Dems offer smaller jobs bill in bid for support *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/business/dems-offer-smaller-jobs-298447.html - broken link)

Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
Quote:
From the link:

"Reid told reporters that the Baucus-Grassley bill wouldn’t do enough to show voters that the Senate was serious about addressing the unemployment problem.

“The message is so watered down with people wanting other things in this big package that we’re going to have to come back and finish that,” he said."

Some more details here:

Reid Tosses Bloated Bipartisan Jobs Bill For Something Leaner

He should be surprise as it sounds like the same thing as the stimulus that he and Pelosi created that was like a pork wishlist come true;minus any of the infrastruture and jobs creation they said it was.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,792,287 times
It looks like the simplified package is going to include the extension of the highway bill and the Build America bonds for building infrastructure. If this passes I'll still have a job for the rest of the year; I'm all for this.

Go Biparts!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,324,885 times
He is the LEADER of the demNOcrat party, what did you think he would do?

Old 02-11-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He is the LEADER of the demNOcrat party
Not for long. In about 9 months, he'll be at the back of the unemployment line.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:13 PM

608 posts, read 924,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
It looks like the simplified package is going to include the extension of the highway bill and the Build America bonds for building infrastructure. If this passes I'll still have a job for the rest of the year; I'm all for this.

Go Biparts!
I hope you can keep on working. Although the jobs bill may not be perfect, anything that keeps Americans working, while not killing the deficit even more or creating the need for another stimulus bill can be seen as a positive. Maybe if Ried and Pelosi would just butt out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies