Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is why I said a "minimum" as a conservative number, "in my opinion" There are no fact as of yet to support "my opinion", on any particular candidate. I did not post as a matter of fact. At this point who knows. Something tells me you think you know though, if you want me to defend something that is not there.

Sounds more like a chip on your shoulder. a sour feel in your stomach, because you know good and well, the Progressives are going to loose the Senate and the House.
What's your point really? This is not placing a bet before a football game. What wonderful thnigs will happen for the American people if the Republicans gain a majority? Unless I'm mistaken and your post is just for fun, I don't see anything radical happening for the good of the country. Who are these candidates and what are their stances on the issues? Better yet, which lobbyist's pockets are they residing in? That is the problem with the way that many citizens view Washington and our government...as if it is a contest much like an olympic event or a circus like wrestling match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 09:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Midterms, I'm predicting a minimum of 8 Senate seats, Republicans are going to take from a Progressive Democrat.

What are your predictions?

if they are republicans, then they had better be small goverment republicans and not rinos/neo-cons/big goverment republicans.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Quote:
Midterms, I'm predicting a minimum of 8 Senate seats, Republicans are going to take from a Progressive Democrat.

What are your predictions?
I can hardly wait until Obama and his team of community organizers finally eliminate the Bush tax cuts for the rich. The rich must pay more of their fair share and using this calculator we can see what the joy allowing the Bush tax cuts is sure to bring to the middle class.

For example a family of two adults and two childing where both parents work for an combined annual inocme of $60,000 will have to pay an additional $1,802 in federal income taxes. $150 per month more is fair and just and it is about time Obama and team stick it to these rich people. I mean what does a family ouf four with a gross income of $60,000 need with a measily $150 a month?

A republican gain of a minimum of 10 seats and possibly as high as 12.

In the house I predict a minimum gain of 60 seats and possibly as high as 100.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:10 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
That is why I said a "minimum" as a conservative number, "in my opinion" There are no fact as of yet to support "my opinion", on any particular candidate. I did not post as a matter of fact. At this point who knows. Something tells me you think you know though, if you want me to defend something that is not there.

Sounds more like a chip on your shoulder. a sour feel in your stomach, because you know good and well, the Progressives are going to loose the Senate and the House.
Yes, and if you are going to suggest such a thing you should be able to back it up. Which you simply can't do.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes, and if you are going to suggest such a thing you should be able to back it up. Which you simply can't do.

If I state something as a fact, I would expect anyone to back that up. Myself included.

It being my opinion, it is mostly based on the vibe. That is why I gave a minimum, but not an exact number. But you would never get that, since it is your party in power that is going to feel the heat when the people get their turn to speak once again and correct the mistake they made.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I can hardly wait until Obama and his team of community organizers finally eliminate the Bush tax cuts for the rich. The rich must pay more of their fair share and using this calculator we can see what the joy allowing the Bush tax cuts is sure to bring to the middle class.

For example a family of two adults and two childing where both parents work for an combined annual inocme of $60,000 will have to pay an additional $1,802 in federal income taxes. $150 per month more is fair and just and it is about time Obama and team stick it to these rich people. I mean what does a family ouf four with a gross income of $60,000 need with a measily $150 a month?

A republican gain of a minimum of 10 seats and possibly as high as 12.

In the house I predict a minimum gain of 60 seats and possibly as high as 100.
This is an example of a BOLD FACED LIE. The only cuts that will expire are the top brackets, those with incomes in excess of $250,000. So your little example here is a BOLD FACED LIE, those cuts will NOT expire for a family of four making over $60,000. Even on incomes in excess of $250,000 you can't go by this site because it will only be the portions of the income above $250,000 that will see an increase. Really please just stop lying....

As far as your predictions care to actually back them up?? Name the Senate seats that you think will go down....

Old 02-12-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
If I state something as a fact, I would expect anyone to back that up. Myself included.

It being my opinion, it is mostly based on the vibe. That is why I gave a minimum, but not an exact number. But you would never get that, since it is your party in power that is going to feel the heat when the people get their turn to speak once again and correct the mistake they made.
You should at least be able to support your opinion and predictions with some type of reasoning and naming names of those you think will go down especially in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies