Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Pelosi Makes Case for Budget Reconciliation To Pass Health Reform - California Healthline

I say go for it and would fully support the usage of this parliamentary maneuver. Do it. NOW.

We needed this done 50 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
If they do that, it would spell the end of the Democratic majority as we know it. Then, after a major defeat at the polls, Republicans would come in and repeal the law. Are you sure you really want to play games with the American public?

Democrats have never been known for extraordinary foresight. This is a prime example.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If they do that, it would spell the end of the Democratic majority as we know it.
I think the Democratic base would be bolstered by such a move. When Democrats vote, Democrats win.

The President is going out of his way to build bridges on this issue and I think the American people have seen that.

As far as Im concerned, this is a moral issue more than a political issue.

Either we take care of each other or we don't.

Quote:
Are you sure you really want to play games with the American public?
Well, there are 46 Million Americans with no health care out there.

This is hardly a game.

Quote:
Democrats have never been known for extraordinary foresight. This is a prime example.
After the fiasco known as Iraq-I would hardly look to GOP leadership for 'foresight'.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I think the Democratic base would be bolstered by such a move. When Democrats vote, Democrats win.

The President is going out of his way to build bridges on this issue and I think the American people have seen that.

As far as Im concerned, this is a moral issue more than a political issue.

Either we take care of each other or we don't.

Well, there are 46 Million Americans with no health care out there.

This is hardly a game.

After the fiasco known as Iraq-I would hardly look to GOP leadership for 'foresight'.
You're thinking way too simplistically. In the real world, conservatives and independents are already out the exit door. This voting bloc is more than Democrats can handle when banded together. Especially since apathetics that never voted in their life until 2008 are likely to sit this election out. The Democratic-led Administration had its chance and blew it. Underhanded legislative tactics to get a bill approved that most American's don't want would spell doom for Democrats. Don't fool yourself.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Well Pelosi may want to but she didn't even have the votes to pass the seante bill. Reid certainly has sown witht eh jobs bill that he is running scared for his seat. i say have at it; repubican need that to gain more seat in both houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies