Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
News flash for you. You lied when you said most don't back Obama's agenda when they do.
News flash.. I didnt say most dont back "Obamas agenda".. Shall we review what I stated just for a recap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Proof positive the american public has no clue.. WHAT TAX CUTS? The wealthy are the ones paying the taxes
Quote:
haha, if you look at the poll results, you get another picture all together..
46% approve of Obama, 45% disapprove...
47% are somewhat enthusiastic about Obama, 51% are dissatisifed...
52% think Obama spent too little time trying to fix the economy while only 9% think he spent too much..
48% think Obama spent too much time on health care, 21% not enough
29% are satisfied or better with Washington, 70% are dissatisfied
15% approve of the job Congress is doing, with 75% disapproving.

And somehow you turned this into Americans had it with Republicans? Ooh the humor...
Nope.. nothing about Obamas agenda..
Quote:
And I did title the thread correctly. The GOP has awful poll approval ratings.
Your comprehension problems are not mine.
Obamas poll numbers are just as awful. Do I need to requote the above figures from YOUR source?
Quote:
If you want to comment on a topic, do your research 1st.
Not only did I do my research, but I quoted YOUR source.

If you dont like people quoting YOUR source, dont link to it.. thought this was common sense..

Old 02-12-2010, 03:35 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
You stated that the rich arent paying the highest tax burdeon. You were wrong. We are talking about TAXES.. not income.. But your non stop changing of the subject and ignoring facts is duly noted..
No, I didn't. No, I wasn't. You're allowed to mention income when talking about income taxes. Your free-floating whines are rarely given any note at all.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, I didn't. No, I wasn't. You're allowed to mention income when talking about income taxes. Your free-floating whines are rarely given any note at all.
You sure do spend a lot of time on my "whines" dusputing them while at the same time posting data to confirm they are accurate..

Old 02-12-2010, 03:42 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
Quote:
News flash.. I didnt say most dont back "Obamas agenda".. Shall we review what I stated just for a recap?

Nope.. nothing about Obamas agenda..

Obamas poll numbers are just as awful. Do I need to requote the above figures from YOUR source?

Not only did I do my research, but I quoted YOUR source.

If you dont like people quoting YOUR source, dont link to it.. thought this was common sense..
Quote:
They might feel Obama understands their problems, but they dont back his agenda.. the polls dont show that..

Neither will lying about what the polls say..
Who's the liar now?

Quote:
You need to actually read that poll. Most were in favor of the gov. creating jobs even at the price of increasing the deficit and the tax increases for the top 1% income group.

57% had an unfavorable opinion of the GOP. Almost 2X more felt the Dems are likely to improve health care and the Dems just about broke even with the GOP on improving the economy & jobs.

The majority felt Obama was interested in serving the people over special interests and that he was willing to work with the GOP but over 50% sensed that the GOP have been obstructionists.

And Obama's accomplishments met or exceeded expectations given the current climate and has brought some change.

Republicans have the worst rating for solutions and most feel Obama will be better at fixing the economy.

There's plenty more, but obviously those that have been criticizing me clearly have either not read the actual poll are not capable of doing so.

Over 50% are in favor of increased government regulation.

Oh and can't forget this. Most rightfully know what administration got us into this mess and who's trying to get us out of it.

And for the record, the majority of the respondents were non-Hispanic whites, some of whom voted for Mccain, some of whom are evangelicals, majority of whom are conservative leaning, older and at least high school educated with some college with moderate income (15-75K).

Fortunately here's the link , so one can see the FACTS for themselves.
You are either flat out lying, or having great difficulties comprehending the poll or just dying for my attention, which I can understand.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Who's the liar now?
You must have failed elementary class because

I mentioned "adgenda" on posting #30, where you started criticizing people getting detoured on posting #22... Lets see.. what # comes first.. 22, or 30?
Quote:
You are either flat out lying, or having great difficulties comprehending the poll or just dying for my attention, which I can understand.
I comprehended the poll quite well thank you.. You just dont like the facts that come from YOUR poll..which btw, was posting #10... Its the link to YOUR poll that I am/was discussing and now you want to moan and groan about the data in YOUR own link because it doesnt support the thread title. Whats the matter, dont like FACTS and now you want to change the topic of YOUR own thread?

Old 02-12-2010, 04:20 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Facts show that the American people in huge numbers have had it with this liberal congress and Obama.

Stop trying to create something that is simply not there.

If your thoughts were so true then how did Scott Brown win a seat that has been held for more then 30 years by a democrat in a huge democrat state?

Something tells me you see a bloodbath coming and just putting out falsehoods of what you want to believe.

Ask the million of people who have lost their jobs since Obama took over. Or ask the record number of people who have lost their homes since Obama took over. Or ask the record number of homeless since Obama took over.

Your party has controlled congress for more then 3 years and they have an approval rating of what 15%? Doing real good aren't they?

Old 02-12-2010, 04:47 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Well, looks like the second time turned out the same way as the first...
What do you expect when you continue to ignore the facts?

Old 02-12-2010, 04:56 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
"For all the erosion in support for Mr. Obama, Americans say he better understands their needs and problems and has made more of an effort to be bipartisan than Congressional Republicans, the poll found."

The latest poll results are not looking good for the GOP.

"But the public backs other elements of Mr. Obama’s agenda. By a two-to-one ratio, Americans support an end to tax cuts for the wealthy, and Americans favor allowing gay men and lesbians to serve openly in the military."

Even though many people (myself included) felt some disappointment, Obama by far is the most popular politician out there.
Is that why his poll numbers have slipped below 50% in his first year in office?

Americans have "had it" with Repulicans? Is that why we recently had huge victories in Virginia, New Jersey, and then with Scott Brown? Is that why Republicans are ahead in the "Generic Ballot", edging out Democrats by a huge margin, which is unusual for the Party in power?

You're last statement makes no sense at all. What does "gays in the military have to do with "tax cuts for the wealthy" (the people who pay the largest proportion of taxes)? Those are two different issues. One has nothing to do with the other.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I'm feverishly waiting for the GOP to crumble as though it were the Berlin Wall. The quasi-corporate statesmen (and women) needs just enough rope to hang the party for good, and that rope is running out of slack.
The funny thing is, (sorry to report to you) that it is the Democrat Party that is hanging itself. Republicans are experiencing a revival.

Conservatism wins every time it's tried.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:02 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
"For all the erosion in support for Mr. Obama, Americans say he better understands their needs and problems and has made more of an effort to be bipartisan than Congressional Republicans, the poll found."

The latest poll results are not looking good for the GOP.

"But the public backs other elements of Mr. Obama’s agenda. By a two-to-one ratio, Americans support an end to tax cuts for the wealthy, and Americans favor allowing gay men and lesbians to serve openly in the military."

Even though many people (myself included) felt some disappointment, Obama by far is the most popular politician out there.

Sure. I can just feel all the love for Obama exuding from the public. I think it will be "tough love" in 2012, as this clown does not have a snowballs chance in hell getting re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies