Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 06:28 AM

175 posts, read 82,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If Muslims don't like it, tough.

To hell with their little Islamic Laws. Disgusting.

Sounds liberal

this is turning into a muslim bashing thread. Point is there are a lot of people against it. The just dont get articles written about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 06:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I find the security checks to be a personal violation of my privacy and insult to my patriotism. I do not plan on flying anywhere in the near future.

If I do have to fly I will show up with a bikini swim suit and flip flops to make the search easier.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 AM

175 posts, read 82,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
They? hmmmm..........that wouldn't be one of those grouping things you were talking about earlier, would it?

If we're going to get down to numbers Timothy McVeigh acting alone and responsible for the deaths of 168 people (horrific as that is) before being executed and not having any colleagues to carry on his "work" vs HOW MANY killed worldwide because of Islamic jihad and muslim extremists?
AND why is that? Because Muslims, both good and bad Muslims, group all the rest of us together.

Me grouping Muslims together? I think not. They group themselves together and on that basis alone shouldn't even be entering a country in the Western world whose very way of life they don't agree with, let alone trying to get out of the very invasive security checks implemented BECAUSE of the rest of their group. They're not any more or less special than the rest of us.

I don't care about their god, I don't care about America's god, I don't care about anyone's god but I'm getting mighty tired of practically submitting to an anal probe everytime I want to fly or post a letter or go to a concert simply because almost everybody else has decided that their actions when it comes to their personal god are somehow justifiable.

Do you actually know any muslim people? Ever read anything real about Islam? You pointed out your own mistake by stating extremist groups....just like christian extremists kill abortion doctors. You clearly have a very biased view of all muslims already in your head so I doubt anyone will change your mind. No one is justifying any type of killing in anyway, simply stating the FACTS that it is a minute fraction of a percent of muslims who engage in terrorism.

If you really want to get down to numbers.....the us military has killec far more people than muslim terrorists.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:38 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Hahahahahahaha, I LOVE IT!! This post simply proves what I said about Christians; body scanners violate their moral codes also, but they jettison those ideas for the sake of convenience. What's more it exposes their slavish relationship to poisonous and anti-human ideologies.

For Christians, their Christianity is nothing more than a flag that they rally around, Jesus ceased having any real significance in their personal lives a long time ago. This is the reason why Nietzsche proclaimed that god is dead. For Christianity, Jesus has died a long time ago and secular ideologies like Nationalism have replaced him.
Where did you get the notion that body scanners violate Christians' moral codes?

Old 02-18-2010, 08:38 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer5000 View Post
Do you actually know any muslim people? Ever read anything real about Islam? You pointed out your own mistake by stating extremist groups....just like christian extremists kill abortion doctors. You clearly have a very biased view of all muslims already in your head so I doubt anyone will change your mind. No one is justifying any type of killing in anyway, simply stating the FACTS that it is a minute fraction of a percent of muslims who engage in terrorism.

If you really want to get down to numbers.....the us military has killec far more people than muslim terrorists.
I think it was you who decided what I think about Muslims and about the issue in general. My views on Muslims aren't biased they're realistic.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea I made a mistake. I'd suggest that you in your haste to be all warm and fuzzy and inclusive and PC you missed what I actually said and projected it to be what you wanted it to be for the sake of an argument.

I don't like that it's got down to the fact that the efforts of an extreme few have shaped the way that EVERYONE goes about their business but ultimately I don't see why Muslims who don't speak out against those purporting to support the same religion and terrorizing are now busy finding loopholes to get them out of the very mandates brought about by people with the same religious ideology.
I'm not muslim, I don't give two hoots if a person IS MUSLIM but ultimately because there are people on the same team as Muslims taking things to extreme measures then as far as I'm concerned BEFORE everyone else is expected to jump through hoops, yet again, then perhaps levelling this directly where the problem lies might actually spark a bit of housecleaning amongst the Muslim community. It's long overdue.

And yes I know Muslim people and I'd have to have lived under a rock not to have read something about Islam in the last decade plus.

Oh and by the way...when Christian extremists engage in acts of terrorism I also call on the Christian community to get its house in order AND that would include good, law abiding, Christians that have never hurt a fly. AND when America engages in yet another violent and horrific act you can bet I lay that right on the doorstep of ALL AMERICANS, same as when atheists or Australians engage in abhorent acts OR any group of people.

I notice you didn't bother to clarify your use of the term "they". Should I assume it was a pottle/kettle situation and you felt you needed to gloss over it or was it just a genuine oversight?

Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
So your basic argument is that everyone is responsible for everyone elses actions? Yeah, I see how that makes sense.

And the Muslim community hasn't spoken out against terror?? What a joke. Enlighten yourself.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
So your basic argument is that everyone is responsible for everyone elses actions? Yeah, I see how that makes sense.

And the Muslim community hasn't spoken out against terror?? What a joke. Enlighten yourself.
Is this directed at me?

It's hard to tell seeing as I wasn't quoted and yet again it would appear to be a case of reading and projecting what one wants to be so.

On this latest issue WHO are muslims trying to get out of the screening process? Or did I miss the part where they're outraged for everyone?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So they won't go through the scanners because they violate modesty?

How about they don't fly on our airlines and only fly on their airlines.

Amazing.

Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say | | (http://www.freep.com/article/20100211/NEWS05/100211044/1318/Airport-body-scanners-violate-Islamic-law-Muslims-say - broken link)
Sucks to be a muslim. ha ha ha ha ha

Old 02-19-2010, 12:02 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Is this directed at me?

It's hard to tell seeing as I wasn't quoted and yet again it would appear to be a case of reading and projecting what one wants to be so.

On this latest issue WHO are muslims trying to get out of the screening process? Or did I miss the part where they're outraged for everyone?
I asked a question, I don't know how that's projecting anything, feel free do comment on it. What is it, exactly that you meant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies