Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 08:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
Why is it when Republican representatives---and there have been many---are shown holding big checks for stimulus projects in their states that they themselves voted against it's not hypocrisy but when Moore, a Democratic and private citizen, does something very similar (and very legal) it is hypocrisy? Why the double standard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because Moore directly profited from his hypocracy.. You seriously dont know the difference between a check for a state, and a check for oneself?
First of all, if in fact Moore's production company did get the tax incentive it went to his company, not to him personally. That's the way our film tax credit program is set up. His accounting office would be foolish not to apply. Second of all it's a legal state program and designed to get production companies to come to and/or stay in Michigan thus creating jobs. It's exactly the same thing as the comparison I made in my first post (copied above). Call it hypocrisy if you like but just be sure to include all those Republican representatives when you say it.

Michigan is serious about building a film industry. A 307,000 sq. foot movie lot just opened in innovated factory in my part of the state. But the Mackinac Center, who did the so called research on Moore, is out to kill our film industry before it gets off the ground because they don't want 'Hollywood types' coming to our state. Last year alone Michigan drew $225 million worth of filming in the state. Jobs. Jobs, jobs that are desperately needed.

Hangar 42 looks to bring more movies to West Michigan | margin, bottom, movies - Top Stories - WWMT NEWSCHANNEL 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 08:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
First of all, if in fact Moore's production company did get the tax incentive it went to his company, not to him personally.
Which he owns.. Do you not understand how the owner of a company benefits financially when their company gets credits? Seriously, this is difficult for you?

Old 02-13-2010, 09:01 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Why is it when Republican representatives---and there have been many---are shown holding big checks for stimulus projects in their states that they themselves voted against it's not hypocrisy but when Moore, a Democratic and private citizen, does something very similar (and very legal) it is hypocrisy? Why the double standard?

And the Mackinac Center? Please! One of their missions is to crush the newly forming Michigan film industry because they don't want those 'Hollywood types' coming to our state.

There really isn't any proof Moore applied for anything, yet.

Highly biased source (Mackinac Center), an unknown Blogger with cutoff snippets of a blog and some cut off snippets from a rather vague e-mail.

Other than that, a lot of sensationalistic verabl suggestions and accusations. No evidence.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
There really isn't any proof Moore applied for anything, yet.
"moore applied, was approved for an incentive and, per established procedure, will receive credits"..

email from the State of Michigan, again 2:06 into the video..

Old 02-13-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
So you are saying that all of those individuals who claimed.. Wait, let me quote it
"moore applied, was approved for an incentive and per established procedure, will receive credits"
are lying, even the employees that work for the state of Michigan?

Freeze the video 2:06 in.. from lockwoodj@michigan.org

"Moore applied, was approved for an incentive and, per established procedure, will receive credit".. They are JUST waiting for audited statements". Thats an email FROM THE STATE verifying that Moore HIMSELF applied for credits, and unless you are telling me that the state has a reason to lie, I tend to believe the state.

Right.. you can ignore all of the proof while asking for more..

I have no proof of anything.

Anyone can write a blog, anyone can take snippets from a blog, anyone can claim to have sent an e-mail to someone and make it look like they received an e-mail from someone.

Coming from people like you and the people at Mackinac Center, one must practice caution. You are the same people who saw "Death Panels" as well as bullsh*t about everything else under the sun.

" Eeeek, I see Death Panels"

The Stupid Sense....staring Bruce Willis...

Old 02-13-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I have no proof of anything.
Quote:
"moore applied, was approved for an incentive and, per established procedure, will receive credits"..

email from the State of Michigan, again 2:06 into the video..
So what you are admitting is, when you said...
Quote:
Hey, I'll slam Moore right here and now if there's any evidence and proof.
you lied!!
Quote:
Anyone can write a blog, anyone can take snippets from a blog, anyone can claim to have sent an e-mail to someone and make it look like they received an e-mail from someone.
Ignore your own eyes ha? Yeah.. sure.. I believe you again when you said..
Quote:
Hey, I'll slam Moore right here and now if there's any evidence and proof.
Quote:
Coming from people like you and the people at Mackinac Center, one must practice caution.
Right.. "people like me".. Translation, you dont want to hear the truth, you just want to attempt to discredit "people like me", while ignoring hypocracy from "people like you"...
Quote:
You are the same people who saw "Death Panels" as well as bullsh*t about everything else under the sun.

" Eeeek, I see Death Panels"

The Stupid Sense....staring Bruce Willis...
More bs.. imagine my surprise that you have to go into kookville in order to defend Moore hyporcacy..

Old 02-13-2010, 09:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Which he owns.. Do you not understand how the owner of a company benefits financially when their company gets credits? Seriously, this is difficult for you?
Is it so hard for you to understand that Republican representatives who take credit for bringing stimulus money to their states that they voted against are benefiting from having their smiling faces photographed with the big checks?

I repeat, Moore didn't do anything different than those Republicans. He spoke up against a state program but his company had a legal right to apply for it and get the money. Whether he did or not is still in question.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:

You pretend to know the legal agreements of Moor's production comapny and how the money/returns/profits are distributed?

Wow.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Is it so hard for you to understand that Republican representatives who take credit for bringing stimulus money to their states that they voted against are benefiting from having their smiling faces photographed with the big checks?
I can object to a bailout but want road constructions to be completed. One has nothing to do with the other, especially when its the job of the federal government to facilitate roads which cross the border.. Roads inside the state should be left to the state, but the hypocracy of "bringing home the bacon" is not limited to Republicans on this issue..
Quote:
I repeat, Moore didn't do anything different than those Republicans. He spoke up against a state program but his company had a legal right to apply for it and get the money.
But Moore created a movie objecting to "bailouts" and tax cedits which he himself applied for in order to make the movie..
Quote:
Whether he did or not is still in question.
Its only in question if you believe the state employee who said he applied, was lying..

Old 02-13-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
So what you are admitting is, when you said...

you lied!!

Ignore your own eyes ha? Yeah.. sure.. I believe you again when you said..

Right.. "people like me".. Translation, you dont want to hear the truth, you just want to attempt to discredit "people like me", while ignoring hypocracy from "people like you"...

More bs.. imagine my surprise that you have to go into kookville in order to defend Moore hyporcacy..

You're silly to take this video at face value. Anyone with common sense and objectivity would wait for further proof.

I have no doubt if this was a Republican, you'd find 100 elements of the video and story to dismiss, because a lack of evidence.

But because it's Moore, you're foaming at the mouth and willing to suspend rational thought; in favor of your partisan blood lust.

Like I said earlier. Should some real evidence come forth, I'll be more than happy to slam Moore. You believe what you will and have fun tracking down those Death Panels

Last edited by NMyTree; 02-13-2010 at 10:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies