Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 03:14 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It's says NFA rules apply. Do you need a special license for that? Class III or something similar like a suppressor?
nope here's one on gunsamerica And there's a bunch on gunbroker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 03:15 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSailor View Post
Better there than a college campus shooting the place up. Anyone stockpiling guns is certifiable. Take them off the street before they kill a bunch of school kids.
Good point.

And if he had ended up doing a mass shooting, there would have been a lot of blame thrown around about why the "warning signs" were ignored.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:15 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Just curious a person can own pepper spray but not pepper spray grenades and when did having police batons become illegal and why?
A civilian can own pepper spray canisters, but not pepper spray grenades/bomblets. Carrying police "telescoping" batons has been illegal for the past 20 years. The fixed baton (PR-24's) are really illegal, although you can have them for martial arts exhibitions. They are lethal and can cause severe damage, they are easy to hide, do not make noise and can easily be recovered and hidden again. If the person wears gloves they can drop the weapon and there will be no trace evidence to link the attacker. And yes, the police say they're stand-off weapons that are non-violent, but will demand that the public not be able to carry them. Go figure.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I was talking about the having the gun range in his home is probably a minor violation. The cops here are pigs and I could care less what they have to say me and them don't see eye to eye so we stay away from each other. Also I live in a state where seeing someone with a gun isn't going to freak someone out like it does in liberal Massachusetts.
Seeing someone with a gun doesn't freak me out. It doesn't freak me out to carry one either. Delusional statements about committing mass murder, however, have a rather different effect.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:18 PM

536 posts, read 413,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSailor View Post
Better there than a college campus shooting the place up. Anyone stockpiling guns is certifiable. Take them off the street before they kill a bunch of school kids.
Ah another liberal gun grabber. Let me guess you would have loved stalin's russia or hitler's germany. Since you think the government needs so much power.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
I was talking about the having the gun range in his home is probably a minor violation. The cops here are pigs and I could care less what they have to say me and them don't see eye to eye so we stay away from each other. Also I live in a state where seeing someone with a gun isn't going to freak someone out like it does in liberal Massachusetts.
Talk to the FBI, then, or some professional law enforcement outfit you respect. They'll all tell you the same thing.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Ah another liberal gun grabber. Let me guess you would have loved stalin's russia or hitler's germany. Since you think the government needs so much power.
There were quite a few warning signs exhibited by some of those who have committed mass public murders. From this guy's statements, it sounded like he may have been considering doing exactly that.

You need to find a better poster boy for the 2nd amendment.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:23 PM

187 posts, read 351,081 times
Quote:
No but someone with a lot of guns acting irrationally needs to be evaluated for mental stability. I'm sure your relatives have had you evaluated several time.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
20 weapons? Most hunters I know own at least half that many and some I know own many more.
Bayonet pistols? ROFL the guy might be nuts but he doesn't know much about guns.
There are quite a few people out there who are worried about the 2012 scare. They are putting together survival equipment. I am not one of them.. But those who know what I did in the military come to me for advice on what equipment to buy.
My first statement is "I have no faith that 2012 is a real threat".
I then coach them that if they absolutely believe and must buy things to feel safe then heres what to buy.
Handcuffs and bayonet pistols are not on the list.
Because he owned 20 guns does not make him bad.
Because he had handcuffs and pepper spray don't make him a bad guy.
Having a personal shooting range provided it was built well does not make him a bad guy. ( I have one on my property for rifles and pistols) Of course I live in the country on some acres of land.
What makes him a bad guy? Well he did marry a shrink didn't he? LOL
Only thing worse might be to marry a lawyer..
Seriously the guy is obviously warped. He was paranoid of strangers and scared his family. He wasn't collecting guns because he loved target shooting or hunting. He was buying them with the intent to use them against people if martial law was ever imposed. ( Still not all that bad)
If there were a huge natural disaster and he intended to use his weapons to defend his home and family, he is ok. But from how it sounds his fears were pretty much based on nothing but his own delusions.
And he married a shrink.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Nobody said he was "bad;" he's crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies