Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 03:25 PM

536 posts, read 413,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Talk to the FBI, then, or some professional law enforcement outfit you respect. They'll all tell you the same thing.
I am sure its illegal to fire a gun in a home inside the city limits no doubt about that. I am just saying if he was only charged with that its probably a minor offense and would not get prison time for it. Everything he was charged with seems to be nit picky and stupid, If you can buy smoke grenades and pepper grenades online then why is it illegal to own them? The police batons not sure why anyone would want them but then again he bought them somehow why don't they arrest the people selling illegal things to civilians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 03:27 PM

536 posts, read 413,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSailor View Post
No but someone with a lot of guns acting irrationally needs to be evaluated for mental stability. I'm sure your relatives have had you evaluated several time.
Think what you want I am ignoring you now because your posts are anti gun drivel and are pointless. My relatives? Who? I am a 25 year old man. I don't own any kind of grenade or baton or have a shooting range in my attic I use a gun range in the woods prepared by the forestry service. So although you may think people who own guns are weird its people with guns that established this country, who have given you the right to spout your liberal nonsense you might want to remember that.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:32 PM

187 posts, read 351,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Think what you want I am ignoring you now because your posts are anti gun drivel and are pointless. My relatives? Who? I am a 25 year old man. I don't own any kind of grenade or baton or have a shooting range in my attic I use a gun range in the woods prepared by the forestry service. So although you may think people who own guns are weird its people with guns that established this country, who have given you the right to spout your liberal nonsense you might want to remember that.
Actually I own guns. Responsible gun ownership is what's lacking here.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:58 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Ah another liberal gun grabber. Let me guess you would have loved stalin's russia or hitler's germany. Since you think the government needs so much power.
Depth level reached. Time to bring out our friends Hitler, Stalin...

And FWIW, my immediate family owns in excess of 100 guns, purchased over the past 40 years. So you can drop the "liberal gun grabber" flame.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:35 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Amusing to me they think that few guns is an arsenal.

Amusing to me as well, I only have 38 in my gun safe, but the girl friend has well over 100 pistols, rifles and shotguns, including 19 of those evil looking black military lookalike firearms misnamed assault rifles.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I believe they cannot be compelled to do it but that doesn't mean they can't willingly make statements to authorities. Then again alot of state laws vary, your mileage may vary.

then the wife could have very well lied to get what she wanted from him, such as the house, the checking account or anything else.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Anyone who puts his/her faith in guns instead of putting it into each other is due for a rude awakening. These people who proudly display their wares (see above) and write with glory about their plans are fools. By relying on your guns you play very well into the plans of those who wish to enslave us, because, after all, what else is achieved by a controlled burn-down of our society? Obviously it's going to benefit someone. Those "someones" want fewer of you around and the gun-toting "I'll-kill-anyone-on-my-land" types will help with their contribution. Why just kill people when you can have them kill each other? Their survival, should they prove successful, will be more difficult than if they'd chosen another approach. Specifically...

Does it ever occur to people that when the SHTF the best option will be to share resources rather than to hoard them? To combine skills rather than to self-sustain? It's my view that the types of people with stockpiles of guns are going to be a bigger threat to our survival than whatever causes the S to HTF in the first place.

you are correct, why hoard them and not share them. but tell me something, would you be giving your stockpiled food to someone who just wants a handout, or would you give the food to someone who does not mind helping out where you are?

also, hoarding is what happens when you buy an item that is already in short supply, stockpiling is buying an item before it becomes short in supply.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
...and a Christian.

maybe he is a reformed liberal too.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
The charge was possesion of CS grenades. They are illegal to have for civilian use. The only problem I have is "how" did they find out, and by the way they found out, was it a legal search?!!

Also, he was a tea party member and a Sarah Palin supporter.

Police: MA Man Stockpiled Weapons, Feared 'Armageddon' | TPMMuckraker

Ready for 'Armageddon' - GloucesterTimes.com, Gloucester, MA

While he may indeed be a nutbag, I do not see anything that this man did outwardly wrong. I don't see how they can confiscate his license and weapons and that he may indeed have a strong legal case against the city if they do not return his weapons. He would be good to contact the very same ACLU that his party desecrates and vilifies. I'm sure they would be happy to take up his case pro-bono to defend principles of the Constitution.

cs grenades? that still does not explain why the pigs went ahead and confiscated his firearms.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What part of arsenal did the media get wrong?

ar⋅se⋅nal  [ahr-suh-nl, ahrs-nuhl] Show IPA
–noun
1. a place of storage or a magazine containing arms and military equipment for land or naval service.
2. a government establishment where military equipment or munitions are manufactured.
3. a collection or supply of weapons or munitions.
4. a collection or supply of anything; store: He came to the meeting with an impressive arsenal of new research data.

nevermind, arsenal has always meant a place of storage for military weapons, too bad most sheep dont know the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies