Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 08:43 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Because they love them. What a stupid, racist question? Why would someone marry a bigot?
Not a bigot. I was watching a video "Why black men marry white or light skin women". Some pictures showed BM/WW couples and each explained that some WW divorced them for alimony and took over half or all of the BM's fortune.

It almost happened to Lionel Richie.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Get out of the house and meet some real women. Tired of the same old drivel on your posts.
I will do that after I get a hold of a former backstabbing business associate who ripped me off, lied to me.

I'm doing everything I can, but keep bumping into the wrong people.

Last edited by West of Encino; 07-08-2010 at 08:57 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 08:50 PM

380 posts, read 691,557 times
I've never had a problem with interracial relationships. I'm definitely not one of those black females that sees a black man with a white woman and cringe at the mere sight of the relationship, which is stereotypically or typically the response from many black females (the concept that there's a shortage of black men). My philosophy or stance is, "Let her have him"! Who knows what type of person he/she is?! It's all about quality. So, more power to them! At the end of the day, dating is not about race; It's all about love, chemistry and preferences.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,625,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
We are all humans yes, but does that really unite us? Are we all united just because we are humans? Do the jews feel united with the muslims because they are humans? Do the Japanese feel united with the Chinese, because they are human beings? No. There are differences between people, and these differences cause division. Because people tend to seek out people like themselves.

To believe that somehow we could be more united because we are different, is just so non-sensical that I cannot fathom how anyone with a brain could believe it.
I read this and somehow, it made very good sense to me.

Quote:
To believe that somehow we could be more united because we are different,
Kind of like that saying, "you can't spend your way to prosperity...." so common sensical and true when you stop and think about it. I guess I dont get out much........ I am much impressed by common sense.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Sorry to ask this, but why do some white women marry black men? Simple question.

No one would ever ask why a woman would marry a white guy, because we all know the answer....but no one ever comes right out and says it.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
No one would ever ask why a woman would marry a white guy, because we all know the answer....but no one ever comes right out and says it.
I'm not white, just so you know.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,380,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
uh, no we don't know the answer. At least I don't. Especially when you say "a woman" would marry a white guy. Being mixed, I guess people are comfortable with me so I have been privy to learn and meet and interact with people of many backgrounds. I also know a shi* ton of interracial relationship folks. If you can't get what's going on and you need to be snarky about it, sorry for you. You're living in some kind of barf mind nation if you still have to be ugly about the basic concepts. Your problem. No one else's.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:49 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Hmm, perhaps because they have a subconcsious realization of what an interesting and amazing thing it is to have offspring who bridge more than one culture, one race, one ethnicity.
It wasn't subconscious for me. I knew my children would be drop-dead gorgeous and they are. Even better, they are highly intelligent, caring, funny, fine athletes...I mean...man, they have it all!

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
It wasn't subconscious for me. I knew my children would be drop-dead gorgeous and they are. Even better, they are highly intelligent, caring, funny, fine athletes...I mean...man, they have it all!
For some reason, I just don't believe you. And this kind of silly propaganda really gets on my nerves.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:17 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,757 times
Quote:
I could care less if you mixed-races or not. I can't stop everyone from making stupid decisions. Without Mixed-race children for scientists to study, no one would know the dangers of mixing races. You are doing a service to the community.

Mixed-race people tend to do fairly poorly in our society. I assume you are talking about your children being half-black, in which academically and intellectually, they will tend to fall far below their white counterparts. This is not my opinion, these are the facts. This is confirmed in everything from college graduation rates, to IQ studies.
Well, you are wrong. Again. They blow your little theory all to hell.

Quote:
I don't know much about your marriage, but its probability of failure is around 75%.
Correction - you know nothing about my marriage other than 26 years and counting.

Quote:
They say that white women generally only stay with black men if they adopt a very pro-black mentality, and if the kids are brought up basically embracing their blackness.
Oh, is that what they say? LOL

My children were brought up without a racial identity. I already told you...biological races don't exist. Racial identity is moot.

Quote:
But if that is what you have chosen for yourself, that is fine with me. Maybe you will luck out and be in that 25%. But I don't understand why you knowingly chose to gamble with your own childrens lives. But really, I don't believe you put much thought into it, because you were probably just so eager to prove everyone wrong!
Yep, that was it. Just had to prove everyone wrong!

Quote:
Wow, what a charming story. So basically, you and your children have had to endure ridicule and unhappiness because you made a selfish decision?

What is simple fact? That you had 4 bi-racial kids? That your children are most likely going to struggle in life? That you have greatly increased their chances of being unhappy, and to have identity issues? That you refuse to face reality because you have a chip on your shoulder and have something to prove? Or was there some other fact that you were hoping to prove to me?
You posted to me. Remember?

Quote:
From reading how bitter you sound, you probably realize you made a mistake deep down in your heart. But it is too late now, you can't take it back, and you have to stay strong. So you have convinced yourself that you have made the right decision, and for your kids' sake, you try to believe it. If you didn't accept bi-raciality as being good or equal, then it would be like you didn't accept your own children.
Uh, don't look now, but you are the only one saying all this crap.

Quote:
I don't expect you to tell me the truth in regards to your children. Mothers have a tendency to "talk up" their children(my mother does it all the time). And since you basically said that your children are perfect(good-looking, intelligent, athletic, funny, caring). Then I can assume with great confidence that you are probably just delusional.
Mothers do tend to do that but, sadly for you, it really is true. I actually downplayed it some.

Quote:
I didn't say I wanted to ship them off. If you knew anything about the civil rights era and groups like the black panthers and even Malcolm X. They primarily were black nationalists, they believed that blacks could never be equal to whites if they were all in the same country(which I totally agree with). So they advocated that blacks should create their own country here in America.

The problem is that, no one wants to give up control of anything. Georgia is the heart of the south, but how many southerners would just get up and leave Georgia so the blacks could have it? How many blacks would leave the Great-lake states and move to Georgia if it was to become its own country?

Just because something is a good idea in principle, doesn't mean it is workable in reality.

On a social basis, it is not a good thing to have multiple races of people living in the same area. There are just absolutely no benefits at all. The most a multi-racial society could ever hope for, is for it to have no negative social effects.

But look around you, do you really think multiple races in this country has been good? I could probably name countless attrocities that would have never happened without multiple races. And I could probably start with the almost 8,000 hate crimes that happen in this country every single year.
Hmmm, right....individuals within "groups" don't commit crimes against each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies