Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 04:20 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times

Advertisements

Here's some interesting data: Who are the Black Physicists?

The reason I'm posting this is that last night there were some un-speakable comments
directed towards the N/A Black of which I challenged.
Ihope this person and others with same insane ideas has a good look at above

Last edited by stargazzer; 07-11-2010 at 04:30 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 05:42 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post

The reason I'm posting this is that last night there were some un-speakable comments
Thank you. This stuff needs to be shown.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:43 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Quote:

Oh pshaw. We all know they got in there due to affirmative action.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:13 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Oh pshaw. We all know they got in there due to affirmative action.
You are joking...aren't you??!!

Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:

Wow, did a 12-year old create this website? It is amazing to what lengths people will go to try to prove a point.

Lets see, where do I even begin. Oh here, on the front page.

"Stephon Alexander - young and very good" - Excellent analysis....

A large chunk of the people on this website havn't even graduated from college yet. Many others seem to be unemployed. Most of the rest are only employed through the school systems, which tend to push "diversity".

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2003/04.10/11-action.html

"A boldly worded title - "Do the Right Thing: Why Harvard Supports Affirmative Action and Why Every College Should"

And most of what has been claimed on this website is pure speculation. Such as this guy.

Walter S. McAfee - Astrophysicist of the African Diaspora

"For this they needed an accurate computation of the velocity of a position on the moon relative to a position on the earth. Dr. McAfee performed the calculations, and on Jan. 10, 1946, the experiment was successfully conducted. Unfortunately, McAfee's contributions to Project Diana (even his name) were not mentioned in news reports about the experiment."

Walter McAfee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"According to Dr. Henry Louis Gates, "Official news of this scientific breakthrough did not include McAfee's name, nor was there any recognition of the essential role he played. But Americans could not have walked on the moon had it not been for Walter S. McAfee and his calculations.""

I believe that is the same Henry Louis Gates that was fighting with the white police officer up in Massachusetts, calling him a racist. It makes me wonder why only Henry Louis Gates seems to say that McAfee made these calculations, and no one else.

Another oddity is this woman.

Beth Brown - Astronomer of the African Diaspora

"Thus far, Beth A. Brown is the only African American female to capitalize on her Ph.D. in astronomy to find employment outside of academia." - Yes, the only single one

And lastly. Look at all the gimmicky titles and awards these people supposedly "earned". Like the "Imes and Morehouse prize", which is only given to African-Americans. No wonder they always win it. The prize is part of the NSBP, which means, national society of black physicists. Morehouse is an all-black college.

"Walter E. Massey - From Physics to President of Morehouse" - No way?

"Julius Henry Taylor - author of The Negro in Science" - Niiice

"Clifford Johnson - extremely research active mathematical physicist on leave to USC" - Yes, extremely active

Theres a suspiciously high number of people on this list connected in some way to Howard University. Isn't that the historically black Howard University?

Howard University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the looks of it, the whole thing stinks of affirmative-action, wishful thinking, and outright desperation.

Funny2 - True Facts #3 (http://www.funny2.com/facts2.htm - broken link)

"A perfect SAT score is 1600 combined. Bill Gates scored 1590 on his SAT. Paul Allen, Bill's partner in Microsoft, scored a perfect 1600. Bill Cosby scored less than 500 combined. "

African Americans by the Numbers — Infoplease.com

"Revenues for black-owned businesses in 2002 - $88.6 billion"

If you contrast that with the $10.5 trillion economy of the United States in 2002. Then black-owned businesses contributed approximately .84% to the United States economy. Amazing.

But I do have some good news.

Michael Jordan makes more money from NIKE than all the NIKE factory workers in Malaysia combined. And Tiger Woods has more money(well before his wife gets a big chunk) than the entire GDP of nine African countries.

Stick to sports.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 07-12-2010 at 12:04 AM..

Old 07-11-2010, 11:32 PM

314 posts, read 414,509 times
to be honest if your commenting your just as bad as everyone else lol like me at the moment
no need to be nasty over someone elses opinion

Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
What's all that got to do with the topic? Seems more like one of those 'blacks are the missing link between apes and whites' threads typical of certain other boards

Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
These dedicated racists condemn themselves with their own words. Intellectual talent is not correlated with skin color but the development of the talent is. The development is mostly controlled by financing the education and that is correlated with skin color with white or saffron skin receiving far more financial and cultural support than brown or black skinned individuals. The society can do nothing about a person’s skin color but it should support the training and development of intellectual talent regardless of skin color for society’s self interest.

Back to Original Post - Attraction and affection are also color blind so couples of different racres do not bother me one bit. I wish all of them well.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:16 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
You are joking...aren't you??!!
LOL, my past posts should prove it.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:49 AM

20 posts, read 18,676 times
The proportion of blacks in science and highly skilled jobs is much greater in Canada and european countries. Just take a look at France, Sweden, Germany, etc.

('Proportion' meaning number of blacks in science and HS jobs over the total number of blacks in the population)

It's much harder to be black in the USA than it is in these other developed countries. I'm quite sure of that.

Last edited by nowhereman_post; 07-12-2010 at 07:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies