Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:46 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times

Advertisements

Ever wonder about this?

"Americans have been losing the protection of law for years. In the 21st century the loss of legal protections accelerated with the Bush administration's "war on terror," which continues under the Obama administration and is essentially a war on the Constitution and U.S. civil liberties."

It Is Now Official: The U.S. Is a Police State
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 11:49 AM

536 posts, read 413,999 times
And they call us crazy. That is some scary stuff. Makes you wanna make sure you are locked and loaded.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Ever wonder about this?

"Americans have been losing the protection of law for years. In the 21st century the loss of legal protections accelerated with the Bush administration's "war on terror," which continues under the Obama administration and is essentially a war on the Constitution and U.S. civil liberties."

And people still say we don't have enough police!

Old 02-14-2010, 11:54 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Ever wonder about this?

A bit of a stretch!

Take two Paxil and IM me in the morning.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:54 AM

536 posts, read 413,999 times
Lol. We should be locked up because we want to defend ourselves from whack jobs as in that story the link goes to. Yeah I don't think we are the ones who should be looked at as weird then.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:56 AM

971 posts, read 1,294,709 times
Quote:
Ever wonder about this?

If you're right, then you're a true and brave patriot for posting the truth. Yours will be a great sacrifice for liberty. How long do you think you have until you're dragged out of your house and imprisoned or perhaps summarily executed? A week, a day, mere hours? I'll pray for you during the trying times sure to befall you for this glorious act of defiance.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Look out, they are coming for you.......

Old 02-14-2010, 12:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Steer clear of anything beginning "It is now official:...."

Old 02-14-2010, 12:44 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
I think people get this idea that pre 20th century America, people were being killed all the time, because of the lack of police.

This is far from the truth. Most people who lived back then died of natural causes, and most interactions with people were pleasant. That was with very few police officers, very few laws, and small government.

I don't know why we can't go back to a older style society. People weren't that different then we were today. If cops said that tomorrow is "no arrest day" and whatever you did on that day, you wouldn't be arrested for, most people wouldn't do anything out of the normal.

Now terrorism is the new thing, before it was the war on drugs, then before that it was the war on crime, etc...

Its always a war on something that they use to take away my freedom, and monitor my movements, and what I'm doing. If I'm not hurting anyone, no one should care about what I'm doing. The odds of being killed by a terrorist, is less than being hit by lightning. Sure, I don't outside during a thunderstorm, but I don't cower in fear in my house all the time either.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:50 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
The people who should have been on trial are the people who abducted her, disappeared her young children, shipped her across international borders, violated her civil liberties, tortured her apparently for the fun of it, raped her, and attempted to murder her with two gunshots to her stomach. Instead, the victim was put on trial and convicted.
This is the unmistakable hallmark of a police state. And this victim is an American citizen.

Anyone can be next.

Like Obama, for example. Richard Gere...perhaps. Iron Mike Tyson. Ronald McDonald. The FLying nun, and Betty White.

I wonder it you can disappeared a cat. Or a house. As in, "They disappeared her house and a cat." "Then they disappeared the people who did the disappeared."

That article is full of win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies