Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 03:27 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I have a patient at the VA who was a demolition engineer in WW2. After the war, he entered engineering through the GI bill and made a career of demolitions, specializing in taking down large buildings. I asked him about the whack job contention that the World Trade Center Towers was an "inside job" and a planned demolition. I think he stopped laughing after about five minutes. The guy stopped working just seven years ago, so he is pretty current on the techniques, many of which he developed, to take down large buildings. He said it would take a crew of 200 men at least six months to plan, drill, and plant the charges for the Twin Towers to be demolished. He said that most likely, people working in the Twin Towers probably would have noticed those 200 guys drilling, planting charges and detonators, and generally moving office people around to do their job. I got the visual image and does really make one laugh when you try to picture that process.
Looks like your friend was never allowed to play with Thermite.

It comes with double-stick tape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 03:28 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Heard explosives or heard the after effects of the planes? As was discussed before, the jet oil going down the elevator shafts did produce explosive 'sounds'. As did the bodies of the jumpers hitting cars and the street. You are stretching too far for the 'truth' when you dismiss so casually evidence that contradicts your own.
People heard SEPARATE DISTINCT EXPLOSIONS BEFORE the plane hit and before people started jumping. Please, review the live footage from the wildernesses themselves BEFORE you post criticism.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:28 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
Uhhh...so they pulled the building down with ropes and pulleys?
Quote:
"I remember getting a call from the Fire Department commander, telling me they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, you know, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse."
What do you think they were "pulling" from the building?

Here's a hint... NYFD was "pulled" off the site due to safety concerns... they were the ones who made the decision to "pull" to avoid loss of life...

Old 02-15-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Bodies hitting cement after falling 100+ stories sound like explosions, mostly because the ARE exploding.
False. An eye witness who was there said the falling bodies sounded like a sack of potatoes hitting the ground.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
False. An eye witness who was there said the falling bodies sounded like a sack of potatoes hitting the ground.
I personally know several firefighters who unfortunately had to experience that sound, and said they were startled because they thought it was a bomb going off.

Unless you were truly there, don't tell someone "false".

Old 02-15-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Have you ever been to Lower Manhattan? With the buildings so close together, and the amount of dust and debris and noise I experienced being blocks uptown that day, yes, I am surprised not more buildings were destroyed.
About the dust, it looks to me that many people are unaware that people are still dying from 9/11 related issues. It's been said that more people will die from the toxic dust then from the actual 9/11 attack itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqrr-xyqxfs

Old 02-15-2010, 03:46 PM

People here in NY are very aware that people are sick and dying from 9/11 related ailments.

Quote:
About the dust, it looks to me that many people are unaware that people are still dying from 9/11 related issues. It's been said that more people will die from the toxic dust then from the actual 9/11 attack itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqrr-xyqxfs

Old 02-15-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
I personally know several firefighters who unfortunately had to experience that sound, and said they were startled because they thought it was a bomb going off.

Unless you were truly there, don't tell someone "false".
I'm sure it's possible a falling body could have sounded like a bomb, however I have reviewed hours of footage and I have never came across anybody saying that.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
When steel buildings have gigantic gashes cut into the sides of them from debris, it tends to make them a bit unstable and more susceptible to even more structural weakening due to fire.
Are you a structural engineer? If not, what then gives you the authority to speak on this issue? What documentation can you show to prove this claim?

Old 02-15-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I'm sure it's possible a falling body could have sounded like a bomb, however I have reviewed hours of footage and I have never came across anybody saying that.
Well, I've spoken to close family members and friends who were there and that is exactly what they all said. They were scared to leave the building as they thought bombs were being set off as a part of the attack. They then realized it was the sound of bodies hitting the pavement and exploding.

A great deal of my family and ex-boyfriends family were/are FDNY and I worked in the North Tower for some time, so I know several people who were there that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies