Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you view former Vice President Dick Cheney?
Favorably 51 27.87%
Unfavorably 123 67.21%
No opinion 9 4.92%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingzang View Post
zingzang believes sindey is trying to be humorous. zingzang believes sindey has failed and is afraid of the truth Cheney has been speaking about the current administration. Color zingzang surprised.
afraid of what truth? failed?
I personally dont give a hoot what Cheney has to say about anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What are you sipping on Crack Kool Aid? Cheney SHOULD be in jail for profiteering during a war, why he isn't is beyond me. Al Gore was championing for the environment and had George "clueless" Bush was not up big business butt there would not have been as much critizism of him.

And for the record, no one really gives a damn about him and his dizzy daughter either. The man is like herpes once he is gone no one notices but as soon as he returns he is nothing but a big chancre sore on the nerve of America
What profits were those?

Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
what are you sipping on crack kool aid? Cheney should be in jail for profiteering during a war, why he isn't is beyond me. Al gore was championing for the environment and had george "clueless" bush was not up big business butt there would not have been as much critizism of him.

And for the record, no one really gives a damn about him and his dizzy daughter either. The man is like herpes once he is gone no one notices but as soon as he returns he is nothing but a big chancre sore on the nerve of america
amen!

Old 02-16-2010, 07:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I like him! He's not sitting back like Bush and letting Obama smear his record without a fight!

Obama (from word go) has blamed Bush for everything. And now they are trying to take credit for the "SURGE" that Bush did and Obama was against!!????!

Is Cheney suppose to just allow himself and their record to be punched without hitting back???
Is it citizen kane or Crack Cocaine? Bush/Cheney FU Big Time! Obama not until recently started to remind those of you with short term memories that the country was messed up before he took office. I guess Cheney's Office being a separate branch did not get the memo that him and buddy bush was messing up the country chasing WMD's that did not exist and making millions in the process. Which reminds me how can you shoot someone in the face and get away with it. If he did not use so many deferments to get him out of the war he proably would have been taught how to shoot straight

Old 02-16-2010, 07:54 PM

A Kerry ad implies Cheney has a financial interest in Halliburton and is profiting from the company's contracts in Iraq. The fact is, Cheney doesn't gain a penny from Halliburton's contracts, and almost certainly won't lose even if Halliburton goes bankrupt. So to sum up, this Kerry ad's implication that Cheney has a financial interest in Halliburton is unfounded and the $2 million figure is flat wrong. FactCheck.org: Kerry Ad Falsely Accuses Cheney on Halliburton

Old 02-16-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If I could, I would pee in Cheney's face. Now, guess what I think of the "guy"?!
....And tell him it's raining from global warming

Old 02-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That is an absolutely brilliant strategy. Select a nose-pickin, villiage idiot to be your Vice-P and nobody will ever kill you while you were in office. By the same token, CEOs of banks and large corps should staff the Board of Directors with ass kissing, howler monkeys and their job is safe. Too bad Caligula never thought of that.
That is really strange that you mentioned this b/c I have always believe that to be true. Has anyone really noticed that no matter how badly Bush screwed up no one DARED to try to kill him? Do you know why? B/c it is easier to deal with a known fool than to deal with a established lunatic!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
That is really strange that you mentioned this b/c I have always believe that to be true. Has anyone really noticed that no matter how badly Bush screwed up no one DARED to try to kill him? Do you know why? B/c it is easier to deal with a known fool than to deal with a established lunatic!
List of United States presidential assassination attempts and plots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-16-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What profits were those?
As a military veteran who have seen first hand the (no-bid) profits of halliburton which apparently you must have forgotten that he has MAJOR stakes in the well being of the company or perhaps you must have been blinded by the BS snow job that he and his administration used to go into IRAQ in the first place

Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I now see him in the same way that I see Rush Limbaugh: An obnoxious, bloviating, obstinate windbag.
Smart man, less of a politician than the run of the mill DC inhabitant. I like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies