U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:59 PM

5,725 posts, read 13,530,854 times

Advertisements

I don't know about you, but some do not like this one bit!

Obama statue removed amid outcry - Asia-Pacific - msnbc.com

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 02-15-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 04:07 PM

12,373 posts, read 8,353,999 times
They are moving the statue from a park to in front of the elementary school where Obama went for several years. Why the drama-queen headline on your thread? It's no big deal and it won't end up on e-Bay.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:09 PM

Default Uhm, sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They are moving the statue from a park to in front of the elementary school where Obama went for several years. Why the drama-queen headline on your thread? It's no big deal and it won't end up on e-Bay.
I loved the headlines from the left, the garbage they used to spew out for the Bush Administration and what not. Just giving some loving back, trying to keep it equal, that's all, and enjoying doing so after listening to the Evil Halliburton, Contracts for Buddies, Oil Budies, and on and on for eight years.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:12 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,104,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I loved the headlines from the left, the garbage they used to spew out for the Bush Administration and what not. Just giving some loving back, trying to keep it equal, that's all, and enjoying doing so after listening to the Evil Halliburton, Contracts for Buddies, Oil Budies, and on and on for eight years.
You're comparing corporate greed during the Bush administration to a statue of Obama when he was 10 years old? LOLOLOLOLOLOL, that is priceless! I guess that's the only thing you could think of to make fun of, if that's the case we know we've got a good one in the white house!

Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM

Default No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
You're comparing corporate greed during the Bush administration to a statue of Obama when he was 10 years old? LOLOLOLOLOLOL, that is priceless! I guess that's the only thing you could think of to make fun of, if that's the case we know we've got a good one in the white house!
I'm not comparing it all wedjat. It has no significance to any event, present, or past, it's just a made up controversy, but not for naught.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:26 PM

24,844 posts, read 32,274,437 times
What outrage? The article says that no one minds the statue being at the school where it is now, and it does not mention ebay or craiglist. "some people do not like this one bit" ?? who?

Old 02-15-2010, 04:39 PM

Default I would guess people in Indonesia?

The AP reports "due to a public backlash "; maybe people in Jakarta?

Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM

11,501 posts, read 14,061,952 times
In the village where Obama grew up they probably do not even have craiglist or ebay.

Besides who would want the stupid thing anyway?

It already is a garden statue, so whats the big deal.

Even the village people are ashamed of him to want to take down his poor little statue.

His statue did not even last a year over there, what does that tell you?

I will offer $1 for the statue and pay the shipping to me, I could use the fill for a hole at the end of my driveway!!!

Cheaper then fill dirt.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,104,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
In the village where Obama grew up they probably do not even have craiglist or ebay.

Besides who would want the stupid thing anyway?

It already is a garden statue, so whats the big deal.

Even the village people are ashamed of him to want to take down his poor little statue.

His statue did not even last a year over there, what does that tell you?

I will offer $1 for the statue and pay the shipping to me, I could use the fill for a hole at the end of my driveway!!!

Cheaper then fill dirt.
A lot of misdirected anger. May I suggest a milkshake? Milkshakes can always bring a smile to someone's face.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:25 PM

11,501 posts, read 14,061,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
A lot of misdirected anger. May I suggest a milkshake? Milkshakes can always bring a smile to someone's face.

That is not anger baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies