Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
It is apparent that the GW deniers neither understand the science or the climate.

Greg, an excellent article on the absolute pointlessness of arguing with these people.

Tea Parties - Salon.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Ok.......give me the proof of man-made warming ? Since all the data sets are corrupted, or lost, since most of the warming sites that measure temps are near man-made heat sources......give me some FACTS !
Let's start with a few facts of your own...

Old 02-16-2010, 12:02 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Ahhh, the "climate is changing, man likely played a role" argument....

See, what most members of the AGW church dont understand is that those of us in the Anti-A in AGW crowd dont deny climate has changed to some degree. Nor do we deny that man has caused some of the change.

The argument has always centered around two things.

First, has it ever been this warm before
Second, how does one seperate natural varibility from human forced varibility?

These central questions have never been answered in a way that leads to a "perponderance of evidence suggesting the A belongs in AGW.
So what's the issue? Do you have access to answers to those questions? Are there no other questions that need answering?

Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,102,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am amused that my post annoyed so many in the church of "mankind cannot affect climate." It was meant to annoy. Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You admit to being narcissistic and think you achieved something?
So let me get this straight. You aren't intelligent, informed, or educated? It was simply an attempt to annoy people? Ok, thanks for being honest.
It's also an admission of intentionally violating the ToS...

Old 02-16-2010, 12:09 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Let's start with a few facts of your own...
Lol, good, then don't waste our time. I expected as much from you. I gave you the FACTS that the data for GW is corrupted. You can't give ANY facts for man-made GW cause you don't have any.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,311 times
Quote:
So what's the issue? Do you have access to answers to those questions? Are there no other questions that need answering?
The issue is that politics are driving the issue. That is, the "science" is being tossed around as fact when in honesty it is simply assumptions, and assumptions often based on weak data and poor methodology.

The fact is, if this were simply a process being argued back and forth in the scientific realms and politics were absent, we wouldn't be having this discussion unless we were both interested in the topic for hobbies sake.

Though because it is firmly entrenched in politics, the science is being manipulated, biases are pushing for results and solutions are being created and purposed in legislation to obtain lots of money and power.

Because of this, having the "answer" is absolutely important. The science then REALLY has to be settled, proven, shown to be conclusive. Otherwise, the result is massive taxes, reductions in liberties, and increased power to governing factions.

Stand back and look at it a second. The salesman is trying to rush the sale before someone sees that he is selling a lemon. This really is a buyer beware issue.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:11 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Greg, an excellent article on the absolute pointlessness of arguing with these people.

Tea Parties - Salon.com
Seldom have I read something as worthless as that....

However, I did get the sense that the writer felt really S M R T after completion of that work of drivel....

I also get the sense that those of you who believe this stuff walked away feeling vastly superior to the Neanderthals the writer is talking about

Sadly your group think is causing you to completely miss the point.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Seldom have I read something as worthless as that....

However, I did get the sense that the writer felt really S M R T after completion of that work of drivel....

I also get the sense that those of you who believe this stuff walked away feeling vastly superior to the Neanderthals the writer is talking about

Sadly your group think is causing you to completely miss the point.
I just keep thinking that if they spent as much time on the science of their position as they do categorizing and insulting those that disagree with them, they might actually understand some of the points we are making. /shrug

Old 02-16-2010, 12:19 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Quote:
The issue is that the AGW proponents want us to simply believe them because they said it.

In case after case, their work has been disproven.

Until these questions are answered, in my mind, there really are no other questions that need to be asked.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:22 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,019 times
Though the global warming scam will live on for several more years, and have some political staying power......its day is over. The very data from which this "science" has been created is corrupted. Almost ALL the data, from all across the board, has been lost. The warming stations that the temps have been taken from are either not there (see China) or stationed near man-made heating sources.

This whole GW hoax has been part politics, and part the sheeple following whatever they seen on TV. The American media plays a big part in letting this junk science thrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies