Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 AM

6 posts, read 25,365 times

Advertisements

I'm a little boggled when people say they don't want kids. Also by people who eat fire.

It's an honorable thing to choose not to have kids for health/financial reasons. Several genetic disease, mentally unstable, poverty. But to not want kids at all?

Procreation is our big innate drive. Seems strange when someone says to me that kids 'just aren't them.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 08:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,662,921 times
No one should have kids if they don't want them and I think fewer people should have kids. There's no reason for drug addicts, welfare recipients, and child abusers to have kids. Mostly though I feel sorry for people who don't want kids because all they care about in life are many material things.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:58 AM

139 posts, read 441,116 times
I never had kids because I could NOT afford them. Hell it's expensive living in the San Francisco Bay Area that is why a lot of people here are childless. Now if I had been born with a silver spoon in my mouth I would definitely had loved to have kids.

Americans are selfish and most shouldn't have kids. If two people are not prepared to stay together and raise the kids why have them in the first place? People nowadays tend to want to remain permanent teenagers which doesn't exactly make them fit to take on the responsibilities of marriage and parenthood. Stay single if you don't have what it takes to enter into a MATURE relationship.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:00 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,111,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomle View Post
I'm a little boggled when people say they don't want kids. Also by people who eat fire.

It's an honorable thing to choose not to have kids for health/financial reasons. Several genetic disease, mentally unstable, poverty. But to not want kids at all?

Procreation is our big innate drive. Seems strange when someone says to me that kids 'just aren't them.'
I'm a bit boggled when someone cannot understand that not everyone feels as they do. You are comparing the choice of not having kids to a circus act? You gave a list of valid reasons that many choose as to why they do not want to procreate and then you negate your logic with an illogical statement.

No, having kids is not "innate" in everyone, just as being an accomplished violinist is not innate in everyone. There are a vast amount of people that have kids for the wrong reasons and that is a little mind "boggling" to some.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:05 AM

530 posts, read 779,673 times
Quote:

People choose to not have children for many reasons including the ones you mentioned so all I can do is tell you why I personally do not want kids. (not trying to be harsh but..) I do not like kids, I become very irritated with them quickly, I am the one who leaves a store, house etc. when kids start screaming, that is definitely not conducive with having a child of my own that is the biggest reason. Secondly, I have a touch of wander lust, that also is not a good thing if a stable home enviroment is best. IMO I am doing any potential person I would have given birth to a huge favor by not bringing them into this world b/c I am able to admit that I would not be a good mother b/c I do not want to be.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:32 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,114 times
Quote:

Shagging everything with a hole is another big innate drive. As is gratuitous violence.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:40 AM

768 posts, read 942,050 times
Wiping snot off a dopey kid night after night is not an innate drive. Having sex is an innate drive, with the former byproduct so terrible and life-ruining that it kept the latter innate drive in check. Now that technology is such that we can ratchet out the children part part of the equation, it's a sexual free-for-all.

Tis' a great time to be alive. Again: there is nothing "innate," and certainly nothing healthy, about needing to make people to find meaning in your life. Indeed, it's rather pathetic and speaks to the persons intelligence and self-worth.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:04 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times
What choices Couples make in their own lives, is there business, and no one else. I have friends who have children, and those who do not, hate to say this, but in middle age, the couples with no children are having a blast, beautiful homes, nice cars, travel, and i don't see them with signs of stress from children. My friends with children, love their lives, but do have more compliants, it is a very individual decision that couples make, but i believe before a couple does marry, they should talk about whether they are going to want children, adopt children, or no children. Too many children born, to young women these days, that don't want their children, and some yes end up murdering their own babies or children. Some these days say that childless couples , are smart in this day and age to not have children, Choice couples make is none of my business, and i respect both sides.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,633,972 times
http://www.puzzele.com/datingsite/index.php

let's see if I can get this link to work this time. I tried it before in this thread or another one, not sure which.

Last edited by TKramar; 02-27-2010 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Um, link too far along. Just to the login page is all that's necessary.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,111,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
http://www.puzzele.com/datingsite/index.php?page=login&returnto=&get_params=a:1:{s:9 :%22sectionid%22;s:1:%221%22;}

let's see if I can get this link to work this time. I tried it before in this thread or another one, not sure which.
I didn't bother to register, but they have a "Hate Mail" link. What do you think that's all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies