Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,501,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Riiiight....
No it doesn't, really

I've seen a fair number of bad parents out there and I can't imagine what those kids have to look forward to when they get older... not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 09:45 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Do you look down on people who don't want kids?
Only if they're much shorter than me. I have no choice, I have to look down.

Otherwise, I have no idea what business it is of mine whether someone chooses to not have kids and their reason why.

Last edited by NMyTree; 02-16-2010 at 10:48 PM..

Old 02-16-2010, 09:55 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So-in other words-you would rather those "weak" and "selfish" people have kids and then abuse them or have them grow up unwanted or unloved.

Isn't having kids just to be having them more selfish?

What makes you think all unwanted pregnancies (that don't get aborted by their intellectutual liberal mothers) end up getting beaten or abused by their liberal and intellectual mothers?

Who said anything about people who don't want to have children "having them?" MOST people who spout that they don't want kids MAKE SURE they will NEVER have them. It's a put up or shut up situation. Why leave anything to chance...unless you aren't really sure? Get your tubes tied or your vasectomy if you are SO SURE that you don't want kids. Why play with fire? Why have to be put in a situation where you KNOW you would abort a baby if you don't want any? Fix yourself so it NEVER happens to begin with...and probably save a ton of money over a good 20+ years of buying birth control.

Having unprotected sex (because you can't control yourself) and then getting knocked up and then getting an abortion is selfish and weak.

Having kids "just to have them"...who does that? Other than the already stupid and weak who live off the government and wouldn't abort anyway?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,146,706 times
I respect their choice, and I have never made a condescending comment to anyone who does not want kids (I have 2. My best friend never plans to have any BTW). Know your limits. No one should have kids due to peer pressure. That being said, it is sort of the "selfish" type to not be willing to alter your lifestyle to have kids, but that's ok. No one's choice but your own.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,412,029 times
What's with this talk of being selfish?

Has it occurred to any of you that some people simply don't like children? I don't care about my life being interrupted, but I just don't really like kids.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:04 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,051,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post

Has it occurred to any of you that some people simply don't like children? I don't care about my life being interrupted, but I just don't really like kids.
Same here.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,146,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Same here.
I'm not sure. Maybe because being a parent requires a person to be selfless most of the time... I don't know why that is the impression I get.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,566,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
What makes you think all unwanted pregnancies (that don't get aborted by their intellectutual liberal mothers) end up getting beaten or abused by their liberal and intellectual mothers?

Who said anything about people who don't want to have children "having them?" MOST people who spout that they don't want kids MAKE SURE they will NEVER have them. It's a put up or shut up situation. Why leave anything to chance...unless you aren't really sure? Get your tubes tied or your vasectomy if you are SO SURE that you don't want kids. Why play with fire? Why have to be put in a situation where you KNOW you would abort a baby if you don't want any? Fix yourself so it NEVER happens to begin with...and probably save a ton of money over a good 20+ years of buying birth control.

Having unprotected sex (because you can't control yourself) and then getting knocked up and then getting an abortion is selfish and weak.

Having kids "just to have them"...who does that? Other than the already stupid and weak who live off the government and wouldn't abort anyway?
Wow. And no conservative has EVER had an abortion right?

I dont expect an answer. I will spare you just so you know. No point in debating you.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:20 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,488,491 times
I don't look down on people, but I do wonder why so many intelligent and good looking people whose genes could possibly help society in the future, don't have children. But then again if you don't think kids are for you, then something could be genetically wrong, so you are probably doing all us a favor.

Pardon my candor, but it is necessary that you understand my mental attitude toward this subject. I am not advocating Eugenics, however it seems the wrong people are breeding too often, and the right people aren't breeding at all.

Last edited by Mach50; 02-16-2010 at 10:28 PM..

Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,665,009 times
I'm for everyone making their own choice. However, knowing the joy of raising children, I think some people who chose not to have kids missed out on a wonderful experience. But you can't have every experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies