U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:56 PM

584 posts, read 817,139 times

Advertisements

Do you think Rush and Dick are racist? I believe if Obama came up with the cure for cancer Rush and Dick would still find fault with this man. they never respected him as president and they oppose everything he proposes even if they once agreed on that same thing previously.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM

41,306 posts, read 42,847,959 times
Actually, I think obama is the racist.

After all, it was the democrats during the democratic primaries that displayed their racist tendencies for all the world to see.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 PM

584 posts, read 817,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

After all, it was the democrats during the democratic primaries that displayed their racist tendencies for all the world to see.
????????

Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 8,754,531 times
Rush is a racist. You can't listen to his show without hearing his contempt and belittlement of people of color who voted for Obama. People who can't hear that with Rush are likely racists themselves.

Dick I'm not sure sure. I think with him, he's just trying to rewrite his own legacy and he has to put Obama down to build himself up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene

I guess having a party who had the audacity to run a black man for president were showing "racist tendencies"? I guess all the white people who voted for Obama where showing their "racist tendencies"? Where do you come up with this bogus stuff?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 PM

27,620 posts, read 19,804,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Rush is a racist. You can't listen to his show without hearing his contempt and belittlement of people of color who voted for Obama. People who can't hear that with Rush are likely racists themselves.

Dick I'm not sure sure. I think with him, he's just trying to rewrite his own legacy and he has to put Obama down to build himself up.

I guess having a party who had the audacity to run a black man for president were showing "racist tendencies"? I guess all the white people who voted for Obama where showing their "racist tendencies"? Where do you come up with this bogus stuff?
Come up with is putting it mildly...it's actually regurgitated.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,549,210 times
When Rush used his term "majic negro" it offended me AND I AM WHITE. He makes white people look bad, I would love to be in charge of the defibulator if Rushmo has a heart attack..........lol

Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 PM

4,740 posts, read 9,740,893 times
Nativechief - your ignorance offends me.

When Rush uses the term "magic negro" he is satirizing an article by LA Times writer David Ehrenstein (who is black):

Quote:
Obama the 'Magic Negro'

The Magic Negro is a figure of postmodern folk culture... there to assuage white "guilt"...

The only mud that momentarily stuck was criticism (white and black alike) concerning Obama's alleged "inauthenticty," as compared to such sterling examples of "genuine" blackness as Al Sharpton and Snoop Dogg. Speaking as an African American whose last name has led to his racial "credentials" being challenged...

Like a comic-book superhero, Obama is there to help, out of the sheer goodness of a heart we need not know or understand. For as with all Magic Negroes, the less real he seems, the more desirable he becomes. If he were real, white America couldn't project all its fantasies of curative black benevolence on him.
Obama the 'Magic Negro' - latimes.com

Old 02-17-2010, 05:15 AM

66,889 posts, read 49,348,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Well gee, if ya really wanna start spouting baseless racist BS why not continue by saying the GOP exhibited its racism by having only whites in its primaries? The world saw that too!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:17 AM

66,889 posts, read 49,348,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
Do you think Rush and Dick are racist? I believe if Obama came up with the cure for cancer Rush and Dick would still find fault with this man. they never respected him as president and they oppose everything he proposes even if they once agreed on that same thing previously.

I think they're both irrelevant old farts

Old 02-17-2010, 05:19 AM

19,782 posts, read 14,212,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post

They are against the (D) more than the race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies