Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Which situation? Being pregnant but not wanting to show? I don't get it, but don't sincerely care either so...will not bring it up again
Jeez, that was sort of a joke. Maybe she didn't want a family picture for all posterity with her looking like she was about to deliver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 10:03 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,874 times
Default New Twist to Family Guy saga

New twist to the Sarah Palin vs Family Guy...

The Family Guy voice actress & character copy,Andrea Fay Friedman, was an actual down's syndrome woman & she herself fired back at Palin's attack of "cruel,coldhearted":

‘Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’ - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com

Let's see, Sarah. I'm confused. Is it realistic humor, satire, or as Ms. Friedman so aptly put it, sarcasm? Or is there now a bit of irony thrown in?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post

The Family Guy voice actress & character copy,Andrea Fay Friedman, was an actual down's syndrome woman & she herself fired back at Palin's attack of "cruel,coldhearted":

‘Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’ - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com

Let's see, Sarah. I'm confused. Is it realistic humor, satire, or as Ms. Friedman so aptly put it, sarcasm? Or is there now a bit of irony thrown in?
This article just convinced me that Palin did this for another chance to whine and cry.

Q. When did you find out about the reaction that the episode elicited from Sarah Palin and her family?
A.
[laughs] That I did not even know about until my mom told me, “You’re on Channel 4!” And when I watched on Channel 4, on “Extra,” and I saw Sarah Palin with her son Trig. I’m like, “I’m not Trig. This is my life.” I was making fun of Sarah Palin, but not her son.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:03 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post

Wow, the twist is pretty interesting. I'm sure some loons out there will find a way to "twist" the twist here. But it is what it is. Friedman has a sense of humor AND is willing to call b.s. I love the "I think it's called sarcasm" bit.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:33 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It is disgusting how left wingers make jokes of the handicapped or disabled. Some things should be off limits.

I asked it before, and I will ask it again-where is hussein obam's real birth certificate?

Funny that you are talking about off limits.

It's been shown, it's your own problem that you don't believe it. but of course, it's you and you are one of the posters not willing to be completely pro-Republican.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:48 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Can you pick the six-months pregnant woman in this picture? (Taken when Sarah Palin was "pregnant" with Trig.) Hint...Bristol is the dark-haired girl on the far right...Hmmmm.........
Perfect example of right wing christian family values.
The entire family should have been created as pinyatas, since they're sooo easy to poke a little fun at.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Great essay on what makes Sarah...__________ (fill in your own word here)

"Every slight is personal in the All About Me Universe of Alaska's Governor, Interrupted. Nothing is too random or private or just plain irrelevant for her to rush to Facebook with her righteous censure."

Vicki Iovine: Girlfriends' Guide: Sarah Palin Is So Bitter!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:03 AM

In certain ways Palin is a brilliant manipulator to divert the attention from the underlying implication of "palmgate" (that she actually needed notes on her palm to remember the answer to the pre-arranged question of the 3 important points of the Republican Party) to Poor-Persecuted- Me- Victim-of-Family Guy.

What's sad is that the baby did not even need to be brought into all of this.... and who was it that did that? Not Ms. Friedman!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:12 AM

The Family Guy actress, Ms. Friedman, with her Family Guy character:

'Family Guy' Actress Responds To Sarah Palin's Criticism

Old 02-19-2010, 05:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Jeez, that was sort of a joke. Maybe she didn't want a family picture for all posterity with her looking like she was about to deliver.
Maybe not, but neither Sarah nor Bristol were pregnant when that photograph was taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies