Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you believe teaching children that violence is the answer to every perceived slight is good???

Your poor kids....

Kids,people, of all kinds get insulted every day by the media in some way....should we all just start slugging it out?

How stupid!

Maybe if kids weren't allowed to watch that crap on TV by RESPONSIBLE parents they wouldn't be affected.
I've been chastised by management.... in an attempt to tone it down some... and make the point...
(I apologize for violating the terms of service.)

you simply don’t pick on kids. If I saw a grown person in public picking on a kid... any kid, I would step in and say something.

even if the kid were being an idiot.

if an individual were to pick on my kids I would certainly, without question, do what ever it took to properly (within the law) protect my child and deal with the individual.

What I don’t understand is that people in this country find it perfectly within reason, to go after a politician by using their kids.

It is wrong, no matter who does it. It is wrong no matter the political affiliation.

I need to leave this thread alone because it really does bother me that this kind of sickness has infected out country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
I'd still like to know how they made fun of her kids.

They portrayed the person with Down's on this episode as very independent and normal, going out on a date with a boy and having normal conversations and being a bit full of herself and confident, actually. So I ask again, how did they make fun of her children?

How is the character (who was a teenaged female) saying "my mother is the former Governor of Alaska" making fun of an infant male by saying that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I don't care if they make fun of Palin or the "Hollywood liberals," but they shouldn't target the kids on either side.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
You didn't watch the episode. Pretty obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I've been chastised by management.... in an attempt to tone it down some... and make the point...
(I apologize for violating the terms of service.)

you simply don’t pick on kids. If I saw a grown person in public picking on a kid... any kid, I would step in and say something.

even if the kid were being an idiot.

if an individual were to pick on my kids I would certainly, without question, do what ever it took to properly (within the law) protect my child and deal with the individual.

What I don’t understand is that people in this country find it perfectly within reason, to go after a politician by using their kids.

It is wrong, no matter who does it. It is wrong no matter the political affiliation.

I need to leave this thread alone because it really does bother me that this kind of sickness has infected out country.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
She says that the creators of Family Guy are "heartless jerks".

Ironic that she now is an employee of Fox.

The Associated Press: Palin, daughter lash out at 'Family Guy' episode
Playing the victim once again, thank God the woman was not elected to the position of VP, but should be good for another cool Million or two from her sheep.
Casper

Old 02-17-2010, 11:12 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It is disgusting how left wingers make jokes of the handicapped or disabled. Some things should be off limits.

I asked it before, and I will ask it again-where is hussein obam's real birth certificate?
Thread over. It's like comparing someone to Hitler. Any discussion instantly derailed/negated by birth certificate. Because the biggest problem America faces today, is Obama's birth certificate.

THink about it. THis guy goes to bed at night and thinks, before he says his nightly prayers, "There's no birth certificate." They enter internet chat rooms, and say,"Birth certificate? I don't think so." They go out on dates with supermodels and instead of talking about their billionaire playboy lyfestyle, they say, "Put on the white stockings and tell me the birth ...OMG>..AHHHHHHHHH ..certi...AAAAAAAAAficate doesn't exist." They wake up, and on the fridge written in red crayon on white parchment is "NEVER FORGET...THE CERTIFICATE."

Years will pass and as they step into the newly minted Obama International airport, after having driven there on the Obama memorial expressway, and paying for their toll with the new Obama dollar ("In god we trust? No... it says "Hope and change.") they will tell the TSA agent giving them the full rectal exam, "THERE WAS NO CERTIFICATE>>>>>>>"""OH GOD THAT SMARTS!!""

Old 02-17-2010, 11:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It is disgusting how left wingers make jokes of the handicapped or disabled. Some things should be off limits.

I asked it before, and I will ask it again-where is hussein obam's real birth certificate?
it's in Hawaii.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

They portrayed the person with Down's on this episode as very independent and normal, going out on a date with a boy and having normal conversations and being a bit full of herself and confident, actually. So I ask again, how did they make fun of her children?
Simply singling out one child on the basis of this condition is inappropriate. Do you think that if Trig were older, there wouldn't be any response from peers?

Quote:
How is the character (who was a teenaged female) saying "my mother is the former Governor of Alaska" making fun of an infant male by saying that?
It's not much of a leap to figure it out. The creator of Family Guy didn't claim that it was about anyone else in this response:

Episode of RI creator's 'Family Guy' TV cartoon outrages Palin | projo.com | The Providence Journal TV |

"MacFarlane has not commented on Palin’s post, but did tell the Los Angeles Times in a statement via his publicist: “From its inception, ‘Family Guy’ has used biting satire as the foundation of its humor. The show is an ‘equal-opportunity offender.’ ”

Old 02-17-2010, 11:28 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:

I was thinking the exact same thing. She should be glad that they are portraying the Down Syndrome character in a positive light. Palin will do just about anythig to make it all about her, even if it means twisting the hell out of what was meant. Personally, I think that she is just too stupid to get it. She heard a reference to herself and sirens went off in her head and we all know how loud that can sound in an empty space.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-17-2010 at 11:47 AM..

Old 02-17-2010, 11:29 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Simply singling out one child on the basis of this condition is inappropriate. Do you think that if Trig were older, there wouldn't be any response from peers?

It's not much of a leap to figure it out. The creator of Family Guy didn't claim that it was about anyone else in this response:

Episode of RI creator's 'Family Guy' TV cartoon outrages Palin | projo.com | The Providence Journal TV |

"MacFarlane has not commented on Palin’s post, but did tell the Los Angeles Times in a statement via his publicist: “From its inception, ‘Family Guy’ has used biting satire as the foundation of its humor. The show is an ‘equal-opportunity offender.’ ”
As an "equal-opportunity offender", will they at some point use biting satire against Obama's kids? Why do I think the reaction on this board would be entirely different?

Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Oh. My. God. This is the thread where the righties are complaining that the "Family Guy" show wasn't PC?????

Holy smokes! I think I need to take a screen shot of this.

I didn't think those "down home real live 'Merican folks" bought into that whole "liberal elitist Politcal Correctness"....hmmmmm

Well, good golly, you betcha!
Now THIS is the best post in response to the right BS that I've ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies