Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:34 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,421 times

Advertisements

How many white people are employed by the NAACP? I was in a college class and we had to read a few books by black authors, when I questioned the foundational structure of the arguments in the books-ie, where did the authors get the support or where were the arguments for their assertions (these were theological assertions), I was labeled a racists. I guess one can not even question black assertions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 09:46 AM

130 posts, read 265,408 times
Default i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
How many white people are employed by the NAACP? I was in a college class and we had to read a few books by black authors, when I questioned the foundational structure of the arguments in the books-ie, where did the authors get the support or where were the arguments for their assertions (these were theological assertions), I was labeled a racists. I guess one can not even question black assertions!
You are so correct when you state you can not even question black people without being called a racist! I have made some factual statements in my earlier posts (I did not back it up with evidence, but none was needed) and I was called a racist for simply stating facts about the problems in the black community.

In America is has become so taboo and unacceptable to speak the truth when dealing with blacks and this nonsense must change! This is only making more people resent black people! Its really simple don't carry a gun, don't sell drugs, clean up your neighborhood, don't carjack people! Yet they blame all of this on slavery 150 years ago? Heck my 5 year old knows to pick up after himself and not to steal! Your telling me a 18 year black man does not know stealing or carrying guns is wrong? Pleeeeeeeeze!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 AM

Default stop making excuses

And you just want to go around and continue to make excuses! Well enough is enough! I'm not going to take the time to put data up on here however, if you want to go back and look it up you will see that i'm 100% correct! Many people will argue that the black population is full of violent crime because of their socioeconomic situation. All I stated was look at the people of Appalachia and their socioeconomic situation. Its very similar to the African American' situation yet there is virtually no crime in Eastern Kentucky or West Virginia!

Don't you get tired of making excuse after excuse for the black man? What has blaming the white man done for the black community over the past 40 years? Nothing, well actually the only thing it has done was make more white people angry and upset with them for continuing to blame the white man!

Man oh man, you have it all wrong! To change the black community, it must start with them taking responsibility and ownership of their issues. I know many black people who were extremely poor growing up, but did not resort to crime and violence! My neighbor is black and he agrees with me 100%! He made a good point to me when he stated "do you think I would be living the life I am now if I was so bitter and made excuse after excuse for my situation?" And that is so true! Continue to blame the white man all you want however, it has not worked to better the black community over the last 40 years nor will it work in the next 40 years! Its starts with taking responsibility! Stop being so darn politically correct and call a spade a spade!

Finally, supporting my statements with facts are not needed when my statements are so obviously true! Like the fact the every single city in America that is majority black is full of crime. If that is so untrue I challenge you to name one city in America that is majority black that is not full of crime. The NAACP is a joke, they will defend a black man even when there is no doubt he is guilty just to play the race card! Now its time to stop making excuses for black people! You cant help someone until they wish to help themselves and thats what my black neighbor believes and I happen to agree with him!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
Strel... the sad part about this discussion is that you still refuse to accept that you are very expendable to the black race and thus are destined to learn the hard way. You are the epitome of what is wrong with the white race. You refuse to acknowledge that the white man is now abused in our society no matter how much proof is offered to that respect. But you will compromise your own so you can ingratiate yourself to a people that mock you. It looks to me like slavery is alive and well the difference is its now you who has the slave mentality.

I hate to respond to the same post twice, but after giving it some thought I realize that all you are really doing in the above post is calling me a "race traitor."

I don't wish to upset you further, your type seems to be tightly wound in my experience, but I'm planning on having as many half-white, half-Mexican babies as I can.

Sorry if that pisses you off. Well not really.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I hate to respond to the same post twice, but after giving it some thought I realize that all you are really doing in the above post is calling me a "race traitor."

I don't wish to upset you further, your type seems to be tightly wound in my experience, but I'm planning on having as many half-white, half-Mexican babies as I can.

Sorry if that pisses you off. Well not really.
Hey you seem to have a head on your shoulders however, I probably won't change your mind and you will not change mine, but I think its to easy to use slavery as an excuse when an 18 year old black man sells drugs, kills, carjacks, etc etc. Don't you agree with that? As my black neighbor stated the white population is not helping the black community by continuing to let the black community pass the blame and to continue to make excuses! If he would have made excuse after excuse he told me there is no way he would be making six figures! And trust me I'm not racist, but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade! Just like the white population has a major problem with pedophiles and I think these sickos should be shot on site anyway I just take issue with people refusing to take responsibility! Its way to easy to pass the blame on slavery!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:45 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
Sounds racist to me.
You need to clear out the racist earwax, and you might do something about your tunnel vision, it is impairing your reading skills.
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) was founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall. Although LDF's primary purpose was to provide legal assistance to poor African Americans, its work over the has brought greater justice to all Americans.

he Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy, research and educational institute that aims to help improve the socioeconomic circumstances of African Americans and other underserved communities.
As for the previously unmentioned League of United Latin American Citizens
The Mission of the League of United Latin American Citizens is to advance the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, housing, health and civil rights of the Hispanic population of the United States.
Is your argument that their aren't special needs of the Latin community that deserve addressing?

The logic of your argument would lead to arguing that the American Cancer Society is discriminatory against diabetics, or that the American Lung Association is discriminatory against suffers of kidney disease.

As I asked, and has yet to go unanswered, where to these organizations promote segregation, the inherent superiority of the groups that they represent, or the call for the discrimination and subjugation of those that they have not targeted as being beneficiaries of their efforts?

The question has gone unanswered because you know that they don't, but to make such a recognition would demolish the very premise that you and your ilk are attempting to foist on these forums.

Eyeroll indeed!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You need to clear out the racist earwax, and you might do something about your tunnel vision, it is impairing your reading skills.
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) was founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall. Although LDF's primary purpose was to provide legal assistance to poor African Americans, its work over the has brought greater justice to all Americans.

he Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy, research and educational institute that aims to help improve the socioeconomic circumstances of African Americans and other underserved communities.
As for the previously unmentioned League of United Latin American Citizens
The Mission of the League of United Latin American Citizens is to advance the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, housing, health and civil rights of the Hispanic population

of the United States.
Is your argument that their aren't special needs of the Latin community that deserve addressing?

The logic of your argument would lead to arguing that the American Cancer Society is discriminatory against diabetics, or that the American Lung Association is discriminatory against suffers of kidney disease.

As I asked, and has yet to go unanswered, where to these organizations promote segregation, the inherent superiority of the groups that they represent, or the call for the discrimination and subjugation of those that they have not targeted as being beneficiaries of their efforts?

The question has gone unanswered because you know that they don't, but to make such a recognition would demolish the very premise that you and your ilk are attempting to foist on these forums.

Eyeroll indeed!

The NAACP will only stand up for minorities and that is what makes this organization racist! Can you name me a few incidents where the NAACP stood up for the white population! If you can name a few incidents then maybe I will be open to the fact that just maybe its not a racist organization.

However, I have tried to find the NAACP sticking up for the white population and it does not happen and this is clearly what racism is! Helping one group of people and refusing to help another group because of the color of their skin! I know a lot of poor white people that could use a group like this but could you imagine the outrage from the black community if the white population created an organization like this? This double standard is what makes it racist!!!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
Hey you seem to have a head on your shoulders however, I probably won't change your mind and you will not change mine, but I think its to easy to use slavery as an excuse when an 18 year old black man sells drugs, kills, carjacks, etc etc. Don't you agree with that? As my black neighbor stated the white population is not helping the black community by continuing to let the black community pass the blame and to continue to make excuses! If he would have made excuse after excuse he told me there is no way he would be making six figures! And trust me I'm not racist, but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade! Just like the white population has a major problem with pedophiles and I think these sickos should be shot on site anyway I just take issue with people refusing to take responsibility! Its way to easy to pass the blame on slavery!
This is where we agree and disagree: I don't think it should be used as an excuse to justify bad behavior, or to foster a victim mentality. I completely agree that both of these things are a detriment to the black community as a whole, undermine real efforts to combat racism, etc.

Where I disagree is where you want to apply that accusation to the black community as a whole. As you have already pointed out, many blacks agree with you (and get called Uncle Toms for their effort). Bill Cosby does, and gets vilified for it.

So it is not used as an excuse by "the black community." Some unscrupulous or perhaps just innocently ignorant people might use it that way. I don't think it is an "excuse" to merely recognize that African-Americans are still disadvantaged by the legacy of slavery, and that legacy and its lingering effects really are contributing (but not controlling) factors in their relative socioeconomic state. Not all of it is their fault in some kind of collective manner.

I'd also shy away from the phrase "calling a spade a spade" in this kind of discussion if I were you. Someone might get the wrong idea...

I grew up racist. Not white-sheet-over-my-head racist but that kind of passive, Dixiecrat racism that paid lip service to civil rights, but still didn't want to sit next to a black person on the bus if we could help it. You can't grow up white in the South and avoid it, it was pervasive in the 1960's and 1970's too.

But one day or another the unfairness of racism finally offended me. Spending some time at my mother's migrant farmworker clinic opened my white suburban middle class eyes quite a bit.

Our own constitution mandates equal protection under the law. Even if it is true that the average young black male is more likely to commit a crime than the average young white male, it doesn't matter. Equal protection means equal protection, and every person should be tried under the law without regard to what color their skin might be at the time.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
Finally, supporting my statements with facts are not needed when my statements are so obviously true!
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
This is where we agree and disagree: I don't think it should be used as an excuse to justify bad behavior, or to foster a victim mentality. I completely agree that both of these things are a detriment to the black community as a whole, undermine real efforts to combat racism, etc.

Where I disagree is where you want to apply that accusation to the black community as a whole. As you have already pointed out, many blacks agree with you (and get called Uncle Toms for their effort). Bill Cosby does, and gets vilified for it.

So it is not used as an excuse by "the black community." Some unscrupulous or perhaps just innocently ignorant people might use it that way. I don't think it is an "excuse" to merely recognize that African-Americans are still disadvantaged by the legacy of slavery, and that legacy and its lingering effects really are contributing (but not controlling) factors in their relative socioeconomic state. Not all of it is their fault in some kind of collective manner.

I'd also shy away from the phrase "calling a spade a spade" in this kind of discussion if I were you. Someone might get the wrong idea...

I grew up racist. Not white-sheet-over-my-head racist but that kind of passive, Dixiecrat racism that paid lip service to civil rights, but still didn't want to sit next to a black person on the bus if we could help it. You can't grow up white in the South and avoid it, it was pervasive in the 1960's and 1970's too.

But one day or another the unfairness of racism finally offended me. Spending some time at my mother's migrant farmworker clinic opened my white suburban middle class eyes quite a bit.

Our own constitution mandates equal protection under the law. Even if it is true that the average young black male is more likely to commit a crime than the average young white male, it doesn't matter. Equal protection means equal protection, and every person should be tried under the law without regard to what color their skin might be at the time.
Well, let me ask you this: In your opinion how is the problem fixed and how long can this group of people be attached to the slave legacy? At some point we have to say we have done just about everything we could do for them. I mean do we give them 50 more years or 300 years?

I guess I just see it different because I have plenty of African Americans living in my suburban Tampa neighborhood and they made nice lives for themselves and they attributed it to taking responsibility and being dedicated!

I understand what you saying regarding grouping all blacks under the same bad umbrella however, the black community as a whole as some major issues that only they can fix! And I think that may be where we differ. Anyway I would like to know what you think about how you get the average inner city black kid to start respecting himself, his neighborhood, valuing education, getting rid of the thug mentality. Sure whites can be prone to crime however, its just not at the same rate as is in the black community! And I really think that blacks holding on to the slave legacy is causing more resentment from other races, but hey its only my opinion!

And shame on anyone for calling people like Bill Cosby an Uncle Tom..... He wants the thug mentality to end and good for him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies