Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 05:56 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I usually do not listen to radio but I will try to take some time and listen since you took the time to post the link.
You really need to take a look at what happened, how Glenn rearranged audio of the interview to support his lies. I am fully aware that he is an entertainer but he crossed the line on this one and has lost a lot of credibility with me. I guess his head has jut ballooned and he has lost his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 08:42 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default GB the new Jack Anderson?

Rachel, KO and Chris can't be generating much cash for that network!

They don't seem to have much impact on politics like GB has. They don't provide the backstory like GB, which reminds me of the old NYTimes articles that provided perspective on which to serve the current news headlines. They haven't impacted politics like GB prompting the demise of Van Jones for instance or the Acron fraud. He uncovers information that the media used to 'kill' to expose. He seems to be the last vestige of information in the media. Of course take any media information with a grain of salt.

Tons of info and reference material from GB that you would expect to get in a history class.

As for England having an issue with GB, I laugh. We had to ask England to leave our shores at gunpoint. We have a different perspective than England. That is why their programming in general and comedies like Ab Fab do not play well here. No market for their humor. What floats our boat doesn't play in England. England may be the new China, as in everything is upside down there in terms of how we live and laws passed.

GB has a huge audience, he isn't going anywhere.

If he is so bad and so many people watch his show the implication must be that most people are stupid sheeple. Didn't Bill Mahr say something to that affect on Larry King? That seems to be the premise of the Obama administration's road to hope, now referred to as "hope-a-dope."

I want to review the list of companies that dropped their ads so I might avoid doing business with them. Others might be doing the same.

As for GB being a racist, I just don't see that.

As for prioritizing venomous statements GB would be far down on the list headed by bizzarro 'celebs' like Jenine, Rosie, KO, Al Gore, Ed what's his name on msnbc. The rabid minion list would have GB far outside the top ten headed by Chris Matthews, Rachael. Paul Begala, KO again, Bob Beckel, et al. Eric Holder is more frightening than GB could ever be. Janet Napolitano in her current admin role should keep you up at night in a cold sweat.

If Tim Guitner were on cable, his program would have been cancelled after the first show along with most of congress and the senate watchdogs that were paid to protect us from financial disaster.

Glenn does cause the very fringe of the mainstream to show their hand and allow the rest of us to see what lurks in their hearts. The fringe I'm referring to is the rabid fringe that wants him silenced. You!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:24 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Comedy is comedy, satire is satire. Beck, like Bill Mahr, is satire.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Keep in mind that on the West Coast, Beck probably airs at 2:00P. Thursday, February 18 (last date ratings data available):

at 5PM ET in the late afternoon, total viewers:

Glenn Beck: 2,524,000 viewers
Chris Matthews: 436,000 viewers
Wolf Blitzer: 766,000 viewers
Headline News: 265,000 viewers

MSNBC + CNN + Headline News or everybody (1,467,000 viewers) versus Glenn Beck (2,524,000 viewers)

That same night in primetime (8PM, 9PM, 10PM) nobody on the other cable news channels has even half the amount of viewers that Glenn Beck has at 5:00PM.

At 8PM ET:

Campbell Brown: 560,000 viewers
Keith Olbermann: 901,000 viewers
Nancy Grace: 778,000 viewers

Glenn Beck at 5PM has more than the three combined.

At 9PM:

Larry King: 592.000 viewers
Rachel Maddow: 916,000 viewers
Joy Behar: 570,000

At 10PM:

Anderson Cooper: 576,000 viewers
Keith Olbermann again: 503,000 viewers
Nancy Grace again: 473,000 viewers

Beck also has more at 5PM than Olbermann's two shows plus Rachel Maddow's in primetime combined. That's right, Beck's show at 5PM has a bigger audience than MSNBC's entire primetime line-up.

The Scoreboard: Thursday, Feb. 18 - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

I'm telling you guys, they count viewers, not fans. I don't like Keith Olbermann so I don't watch him. But he and others screaming about Glenn Beck are driving viewers (not necessarily fans) to his show.

Meanwhile, what did you accomplish? You scr*wed the advertisers out of possible buyers of their product because I and others watch Beck in big numbers and if they aren't advertising with him, we have no idea what they're trying to sell. Nice job.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Bub

235 posts, read 380,557 times
Want BECK OFF AIR? HERES HOW --->

Turn Radio OFF... why do soo many Progressives listen to him? Cause he is a riot!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Bub

Progressive: Hey Doctor..it hurts when I listen to Glenn Beck

Doctor: Well, STOP LISTENING TO GLENN BECK

OH, I forgot...you cant go see you doctor, because you dont have Health Insurance. Well I wont charge you for the advice.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:16 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
He's got such a doom and gloom negative message all the time. It's really a turn off to me hearing every day how the world is going strait to hell in a handbasket.

Buy gold buy gold buy gold buy gold.....

Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
[quote=Kracer;12980004]

That is why their programming in general and comedies like Ab Fab do not play well here. No market for their humor. What floats our boat doesn't play in England.

Obviously you have never heard of The Office. It's British program that is now a huge hit in the US. Let's not forget that American Idol is a spinn off of Britains' Pop Idol. I am assuming you have never "actually" been to England, either.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Bub

I like to play his commentary in the classroom, the students are entertained and seem to get the message.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 AM

301 posts, read 282,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
To those that so vehemently oppose Glenn Beck, if you really want to make Mr. Beck have more financial wealth than God, or Bill Gates , take him off the air.

You will make the man the POSTER BOY for free speech rights being violated - you will give him every forum imaginable from which he can use that bull horn - and he will get richer, and richer and richer.

Go ahead - take him off the air.

I dare you
ONLY if the "government" took him off the air. That's not going to happen.If the advertisers of his show start to lose money, they will simply not buy advertisting time during his show, and if enough money is lost, and it costs FOX to keep him on, then wouldn't cancelling his show just be the market at work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies