Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambina View Post
Nope, it's just easier to wiggle yourself out of your own statements, in case olberman or maddow start "picking" on you, later....
is that it lmfao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"Now the smart thing will be for independents who are such a part of this Tea Party movement to, I guess, kind of start picking a party," Palin said. "Which party reflects how that smaller, smarter government steps to be taken? Which party will best fit you? And then because the Tea Party movement is not a party, and we have a two-party system, they’re going to have to pick a party and run one or the other: ‘R’ or ‘D’."

Palin: Tea Partiers "Have to Pick a Party" - CBS News

In other words, she's saying, "Now don't you go and form your own party, gosh darnit, 'cause I'm a Republican, and you need to vote for me when I run for President!"
Which confirms thatbthe Tea Party crowd is nothing more than a bunch of whining Repubs trying to act as if they are an independent bunch of people. In otherwords they have lost all credibility as an independent organization.
Casper

Old 02-18-2010, 11:12 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb And This Is What Puzzles Me...

Did she not just accept a $100,000.00 fee to be a/the keynote speaker at the Tea Party convention in Nashville recently?

And now she is basically telling these same folks to 'drop dead'? I may be wrong in my choice of words, but isn't that the issue in principle?

And this is an individual who has possible Presidential aspirations in 2012?...I really think the GOP needs to get its' house in order, and come up with better answers than this...and I wish the Tea Party would come out with a 'blanket statement' (so to speak) as to where THEY stand---I really think the presence of a viable independent/3rd party candidate would make the two major parties buckle down and get their respective acts together

Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
So we now have four parties on the right - Republican, NeocCon, Palinista and Tea Baggers and only two on the left - Progressives and rightist Democrats.

Some choice.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:35 AM

IF TEA partiers are suppose the be the future of america as palin says why in the hell do they need to pick a party.

the comment sounds like a farse, the future of american politics do not need to pick a D or an R

Old 02-18-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregw View Post
so we now have four parties on the right - republican, neoccon, palinista and tea baggers and only two on the left - progressives and rightist democrats.

Some choice.

what about mods?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies