Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 PM

175 posts, read 82,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The difference here is that I believe BOTH have their place.
You seem to just want to trash western medicine so that you can promote YOUR agenda.

Back to topic...lets debate the bills actual wording mmmmkay?
Personally if someone wants to buy some rhino horn powder (likely sawdust lol) off the internet instead of going to the doctor for ED medication then what do I care...I figure that the people dumb enough to get suckered AMONGST ALL THE LEGITIMATE HOMEOPATHIC are just out of luck.

I never said it had NO place. You called natural healing a new fad. 5000 years compared to 130 is not new.

Exactly what agenda do I have? Am I selling something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 11:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer5000 View Post
Oh yes great argument I have only conspiracy theories. You cannot separate the 3 groups whether you want to or not. The fact is people assume things approved by the FDA are safe. The assume meat sold inspected by the gov is safe. Its not. There are many non drug ways of treating cholesterol and cholesterol is simply one example.

You just seem to trust and support the big guys making huge profits off people being sick. If Drugs are so safe why do they come with a list of cautions? Why cant a female handle a certain male pill? oh because her child may be born with organs outside its body??? Sounds safe.

Again people assume if a doctor gives me something its safe. I know quite a few people who became addicted to pain killers because they got hurt and couldn't stop taking them. Yes doctors over prescribe. Where do docs learn about drugs??? From drug reps. Who do they get kick backs from? Drug companies. Are you suggesting that drug companies have zero liability in manufacturing drugs that are highly addictive simply because they kill pain? So will cocaine, heroin, meth etc.

So true..doctors know far less than pharmacists about prescription drugs. They are given samples and if they have a question regarding a particular drug, they look it up in he PDR or the leaflet. The pharmaceutical industry is every bit as corrupt as the tobacco industry and it worth their while to pay out on lawsuits as their profits are astronomical.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Well duh!!! If they don't make money they can not pay to find new drugs. Pharma is of course out to make money what company is not. That does not mean that they are the freakin big bad wolf. No one forces you to take any drug. Many of those drugs save peoples lives, you seem to be oblivious to that FACT!

Look you seem to miss the point that the longer people stay on drugs the more money the companies make. You seem to also miss the big picture which I have pointed out to you.

People would not need all this life saving if they were not loaded with toxic chemicals, toxic food etc on a daily basis. But you will never see the connection.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh brother. I just clicked on your 2nd link. Want to know what one of the dangerous ingredients they listed was? Alchohol. Why not label water, you can drown in it too.

Also, your links are ALL to commercial websites trying to sell you stuff.

Ok, full disclosure...do you sell stuff like this for a living? I'm beginning to trust you less that a pharma rep with crap links like this.
The website were just what came up. I dont rely on the internet for actual sources of information. I have bookshelves full of books on natural medicine etc . I was showing you an example. Even the damn FDA has forced warning labels on certain food colorings. Other countries have banned many foods and other things we allow in our products.

Another example is cancer causing phalates banned in european toys but still sold to our children.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
You see to big pharma it pays to be sick. Not very sick, but chronic stuff where you can be on meds for the rest of your life. Some have no choice but for others, a bit of healthy eating and exercise and healthy living is what's really needed, not "a pill".

Go ahead and hand me that tinfoil hat. I will go to the doctor if I'm really sick and will take antibiotics when I need to. I eat healthy, exercise and go out of my way to get non-chemicalized food.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Your friendly herbalist is not regulated and may not know enough to tell you that some of those herbs may have a negative interaction with some prescription drugs you take.

That info is easily accessible. hospitals are regulated and they kill a hundred thousand people a year

Old 02-18-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
"Organic" got destroyed when the USDA took it over and allowed chemicals to be used. Thank big Ag for that one.

Think the same won't happen if the FDA gets it's hands on herbals ?

exactly. its meaningless at this point. If you dont know the farmer dont trust the food. Just like feedlot organic milk. whats organic about cows stuffed in feedlots where they can't turn around

Old 02-18-2010, 11:17 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
hospitals are regulated and they kill a hundred thousand people a year
You do realize the people in hospitals are sick, right?

Old 02-18-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So true..doctors know far less than pharmacists about prescription drugs. They are given samples and if they have a question regarding a particular drug, they look it up in he PDR or the leaflet. The pharmaceutical industry is every bit as corrupt as the tobacco industry and it worth their while to pay out on lawsuits as their profits are astronomical.

They learn about the drugs from reps I mean come on. Not to mention the prescribing of children drugs not tested on kids, which includes most antidepressants, anti psychotics etc. Family docs diagnose things like bi-polar. They dont have the training to do so.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Look you seem to miss the point that the longer people stay on drugs the more money the companies make. You seem to also miss the big picture which I have pointed out to you.

People would not need all this life saving if they were not loaded with toxic chemicals, toxic food etc on a daily basis. But you will never see the connection.
The industry makes huge bucks off of the ignorance and gullibility of he masses. They have not spent money and time researching cures as that would be counter productive to the bottom line. Where are the cures? It's all treating, but never curing. Alternative medicine attempts to find the cause of an illness not put a band-aid on it and further the pollution of the body so that it cannot fend off illness on its own. Even the over the counter cold remedies are bad. There is a reason that symptoms such as watering eyes and a runny nose accompany a cold. It is the body attacking the germs. When you inhibit this reaction, you are not allowing your body to strengthen your immune system. Everybody wants a quick fix and do not understand the underlying harm that they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies