Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, he blamed a convoluted tax code, and inconsistent enforcement of the rules. He blamed increased security after 9/11. He blamed a consortium of "five big employers" that kept pay scales low in Austin. He blamed a tax preparer who rolled on him regarding undeclared income. But I don't recall him blaming Bush in his multi-page rant.
In other words he blamed everyone but himself for his own failures in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 01:18 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,189,286 times
Yep he is the epitome of a teabagger without a doubt...

Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
A liberal against the IRS?
I would think that a teabagger would be MORE against the IRS than a liberal. The IRS is the symbol of extorting taxpayer $$ and feeding it to the gov't that rapes its citizens. A Liberal might be inclined to be more sympathetic to IRS since it empowers big gov't, which a Liberal is more inclined to favor.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aejarak View Post
As government agencies go, the FAA is often justifiably referred to as a tombstone agency, though they are hardly alone. The recent presidential puppet GW Bush and his cronies in their eight years certainly reinforced for all of us that this criticism rings equally true for all of the government. Nothing changes unless there is a body count (unless it is in the interest of the wealthy sows at the government trough). In a government full of hypocrites from top to bottom, life is as cheap as their lies and their self-serving laws.
I don't think this one mention of Bush is laying blame at Bush's feet, but rather using Bush as an example of how bad our government is.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:22 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,168,548 times
I'd say he was probably an anarchist. As for what school of anarchism, I don't know. Seems anarcho-capitalist or individualist anarchist to me. It doesn't seem like he really attacks capitalism, but crony capitalism or cronyism. He actually says things that both sides of the political spectrum could agree with.

That said, this is the wrong way to go about venting.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:25 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I'd say he was probably an anarchist. As for what school of anarchism, I don't know. Seems anarcho-capitalist or individualist anarchist to me. It doesn't seem like he really attacks capitalism, but crony capitalism or cronyism. He actually says things that both sides of the political spectrum could agree with.

That said, this is the wrong way to go about venting.
Yep, sounds like he was just angry at everything and everybody.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:28 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
he had one thing right in his note:
Why is it that a handful of thugs and plunderers can commit unthinkable atrocities (and in the case of the GM executives, for scores of years) and when it’s time for their gravy train to crash under the weight of their gluttony and overwhelming stupidity, the force of the full federal government has no difficulty coming to their aid within days if not hours?

i am sure that most of us have asked that question....

that said, as a person who saw himself "victimized" by both corporations and government, he had no right to then go out and victimize innocent workers trying to do their jobs and support their families. i think he was just on overload with rage and depression, and turned it into an inappropriate reaction. i hope that no one else was killed, although that would be miraculous if it was true.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
In other words he blamed everyone but himself for his own failures in life.
I think, really, deep down he was angry at himself for the choices he made, but he didn't want to take ownership of those choices. So he blamed everyone else. But took his own life. While jeopardizing others.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:30 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
I don't understand everyone's need to assign this guy to a party or even a category--and preferably one that "the other people" belong to. Based on his writings and actions, he wrote things with which people on all sides of the political spectrum can agree and disagree.

Overall he appeared to be obsessive, paranoid and spiteful. People with those characteristics are found in all fringe political movements.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Instead of trying to rejoice in the fact that this guy might have been to the right politically or a leftist to justify your poliical stance even more there can be examples of violence shown done by leftists and the right, so neither political side is without guilt in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies