Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 05:36 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,566,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
As I see it your just as bad talking about the conservative talkingheads. This guy is no conservative or liberal in what he did.We have seen people blowup building and people for their liberal revolutionary beliefs they said. thatw as nonsense they do it for themsleves; purely and simply. He is a guy that could careless about anyone other than himself. Do you think he even thought about some man or woman in that building with the same problems. The first act he did was to burn not only his but his wife and daughters home and shelter.He is like the guy that kills his family and then himself over his problems Its not politcal; its about him and his wraped view of revenge that no normal person can understand or make sense of.
1. I do not make excuses for domestic terrorists like Alex Jones (an Austinite) does.

YouTube - Plane crashes into IRS/CIA complex
2. Obviously this act has some political motive. The man said so himself and who are we to disagree?
3. Saying I am as bad as Alex Jones grossly overstates what little influence I have on public opinion.
4. Learn to spell check your posts and look for obvious grammatical errors before posting if you want people to take anything you say seriously.

Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 05:37 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
How many days will it be before we start seeing t-shirts relating to this incident?
Whoever starts such an enterprise, I need a job!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't like speeding tickets either, but I didn't cheer that guy in Oregon who shot four cops.

You know, the one the Mike Huckabee gave an early release to.

This idiot was a murderer, plain and simple.
Uh......... that was four Washington cops.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Everytime a citizen lashes out at the Gubment they are called "crazy" or delusional...maybe it's the Gubment driving these people to snap..

ever thought of that? or is Big Brother your savior?
People "lash out at the Gubment" all the time, constantly, fuss and complain and protest and write letters and run for office themselves, and that's fine with everyone, not crazy or delusional at all.

Do you think killing yourself and innocent bystanders is normal and rational? Taking everybody out with you in the ol' blaze of glory?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,566,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Whoever starts such an enterprise, I need a job!
Obviously.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:25 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
People "lash out at the Gubment" all the time, constantly, fuss and complain and protest and write letters and run for office themselves, and that's fine with everyone, not crazy or delusional at all.

Do you think killing yourself and innocent bystanders is normal and rational? Taking everybody out with you in the ol' blaze of glory?
No, not normal and rational. But you could be next to do something irrational and abnormal. Why? Because you, and most people, haven't been put to the ultimate test yet, their breaking points. When that happens, a big smile grows on your face, while and reason and logic totally escapes you.

If most of us knew our breaking points, the straw that breaks the back of our camels, it would scare us.

I'm brushed upon it, occasionally, and I suddenly became a stranger to myself. I could hardly believe that was me thinking those thoughts.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:28 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberals show more empathy for the Fort Hood terrorist than they do for this Stack guy who's been systematically beaten down by big government over the past several years and finally had enough. Typical.

His diatribe isn't unlike so many other fed-up Americans.

Plane Crash Suspect's Online Diatribe - February 18, 2010
"Big government" is not to blame here. People have been in far worse situations than this man without doing things like this. This man was insane. No sane person would make excuses or think that there is a logical explanation for this. I haven't seen any empathy for the Fort Hood terrorist or this TERRORIST. One could say the same thing you did about the Fort Hood guy. He was beaten down by the military and discrimnated against. Not that I believe this but those were his feelings just like this guy had feelings. Do their feelings make it okay to take innocent lives? Hell no! They are both insane and both are terrorists. How would you or anyone else who is trying to justify this insane behavior feel if one of your family members were in that building? What if your daughter was married to this guy and he set the house on fire while she was in it? Would you still blame it on the goverment and shrug it off? Would you still think he's a hero? Now all of a sudden suicide bombing is okay. As long as the person doing it is not a Muslim.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
The FBI has said this was not domestic terrorism. They said it was a criminal act.
No domestic terrorist here folks.

Although we got a Congressman down here saying "terrorism" and said it was done to a "Federal Building". It was not a Fed building and the FBI said it was a revenge suicide act.

Houston FBI says Austin plane crash appears ‘isolated incident’ > Dayton News > News > Houston Community Newspapers Online - News Around Town (http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/02/18/dayton_news/news/0910airplane_crash_dn.txt - broken link)
Pilot Crashes Into Texas Building in Apparent Anti-IRS Suicide - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
Joseph Stack | Plane hits Echelon Building | 'A whoosh, a roar and a boom' KXAN.com

Old 02-18-2010, 10:06 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,538 times
Joseph Andrew Stack, 54. I believe he lived somewhere in Austin. He left a lengthy suicide note / rant against the government and a number of other organizations on his blog (which was shut down directly) prior to what happened. He proceeded to burn down his house, board his Piper Cherokee single-engine aircraft at an airfield in Georgetown I believe, and then gunned it straight for the Echelon Building in NW Austin. He crashed into the first floor, presumably killed instantly, though luckily he is the only fatality reported so far. Several others were treated in local hospitals for injuries, but most if not all of them are in stable condition.

So yeah, basically a crazy whackjob. I mean I can understand his disgust with the IRS and government in general, but flying a plane into a building? Honestly?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Obviously.

Oops! Sorry, wrong finger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies