Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:08 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,565,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
wow. 6 pages. He would've fit in perfectly here.
In more ways than one, you are right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 07:27 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Why is it that when these people decide to try to even the score they always take out a person who had absolutely nothing to do with their situation nor the ability to change it?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Default Suicidal pilot's last post.

More of a suicide pilot than a suicidal pilot.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:44 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
This guy was a complete psychotic. There is so much delusional thinking and rationalization just in that letter it gives me a headache. This guy screwed himself at so badly at many different intervals, even the recession economics that would have caused far less pain if he didn't do stupid and weird crap in response to some random thought process.

For some reason I can't find he tried starting a religion to get out of taxes, he stopped filing taxes (including taxes and filing on the 2 businesses he started) and didn't answer the lawsuits that were filed, and he tried arguing random things were business expenses (like a piano for an engineer) when he finally was dragged into audits. Add into that he thought that the insurance companies were killing poor people to keep the rich in power (then robbing their estate of every penny), the tax code made him a non-citizen criminal slave, and he spent thousands of hours writing letters to any politician he could find an address for to vent his complaints (including he couldn't work because he spent so much time writing letters).

The sad thing is it rings familiar with many tax/government conspiracy writings that I hope other wackjobs don't get any stupid ideas.

Last edited by subsound; 02-18-2010 at 09:00 PM..

Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
I read it and what I got from it was that he was a 56 year old upper middle class person who lost it all, had plowed through whatever retirement money he had and at 56 not too much of a hope for a decent retirement. I think the IRS audit was the camel that broke his back. People have their limits of what they can handle..I think this guy went over the edge.

It's sad that he attacked innocent people as his revenge on the IRS.
It's sadder that he thought that what he was doing was the only way out.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
he's such a cry baby. whaaaaaa whaaaaaa cry me a river. get over it already.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-18-2010, 09:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It sounds like he was trying to scam the system from the get go. Did I misread or did he actually try to declare himself a "church" to avoid paying taxes? He must have been on the IRS **** list from that point on.
I think you have the answer. Some shenanigan's that didn't work.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
I have to wonder if he suffered from clinical depression or some other mental disorder. It seems that at some point he felt he lost all control over his life and that this was the only rational option available. Depression manifest itself differently in different people. Some lay in bed doing nothing but feeding on their depression in a sad circle that perpetuates the problem. Some show anger and rage. Both groups can eventually lead to suicide. In his case, he seems to be the anger and rage type and decided to take the lives of others with him before he went. A failed suicide attempt could have gotten him not only the mental help he needed, but it could have also bought him some time with the IRS. I wonder if he took his business lessons from Enron?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Actually, what he should have done was gotten a position on Obama's staff and then all his tax problems would have gone away like Timmy G.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:34 PM

558 posts, read 818,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
he's such a cry baby. whaaaaaa whaaaaaa cry me a river. get over it already.

20yrsinBranson
It's a friggin suicide note. God forbid the man whines in the last note he leaves on this earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies