Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

http://mercatus.org/media_clipping/d...ts-study-shows

FOXNews.com - Democratic Districts Won Twice as Much Stimulus as GOP Districts, Study Shows

No surprise here.

We always knew the Failed Stimulus was structured as payback for unions, cronies and party members.

Quote:
Rather, the study found that Democratic congressional districts received 1.89 times more money than GOP districts. The average award for Democratic districts was $439 million, while the average award for Republican ones was $232 million.

On average, Democratic districts also got 152 awards, while Republican ones got 94.
The height of incompetence and liberal pork barrel spending;

Quote:
"You would think, right, that if the administration believes in its theory that government money can create jobs, they would spend a lot of money in districts that have high unemployment," study co-author Veronique de Rugy said
Seems the reverse was true. No correlation between stimulus funding and NEED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 02:25 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Actually, only Democrat districts should be getting Stimulus money.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Democratic Districts Won Twice as Much Stimulus as GOP Districts, Study Shows | Mercatus

FOXNews.com - Democratic Districts Won Twice as Much Stimulus as GOP Districts, Study Shows

No surprise here.

We always knew the Failed Stimulus was structured as payback for unions, cronies and party members.

The height of incompetence and liberal pork barrel spending;

Seems the reverse was true. No correlation between stimulus funding and NEED.
The Republicans didn't want it, some even refused to take it. Not sure I see the problem.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:36 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
PolitiFact | Recovery.gov assigns statewide education jobs to one congressional district

Just one example of how this is hogwash.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by politifact
We suspected that statewide funding is being applied to Boyd's district because it includes the state capital in Tallahassee. In fact, we found a project for the Florida Department of Education that listed close to 13,200 jobs saved or created and $1.5 billion in funding -- all credited to District 2. The project details said it was intended to pay for teachers, teachers' aides and other educational staff. The fund was tagged as being for the "State Fiscal Stabilization Fund," which aimed to make up statewide budget shortfalls. This suggested that much of the money credited to Boyd's Tallahassee district was actually spent statewide.
Quote:
We contacted the office of Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, a Republican, and a spokesman confirmed our observation about the 13,200 jobs.

"These jobs represent statewide information and statewide jobs," said spokesman Sterling Ivey in an e-mail. "Showing them in the Tallahassee Congressional District or in Leon County does not reflect that the jobs are statewide. Our hope is that the federal reporting system will be refined to more accurately reflect the information."
Quote:
We also asked him whether there was any evidence that the money was being distributed in a partisan manner.

"Most of the funds are distributed through existing federal funding formulas or through competitive processes. Don Winsted, Special Advisor to Governor Crist, has closely observed this process throughout and has seen no evidence of partisan distribution of funds.
Quote:
Remove the Department of Education funding from the Democratic side of the ledger, and the total for Democratic districts actually drops a bit below the total for Republican districts: $2.4 billion vs. $2.9 billion.
But I'm sure this is just an aberration....

Old 02-18-2010, 02:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Is it alright for me to stop paying income taxes until Obama is gone, Bob.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:38 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is it alright for me to stop paying income taxes until Obama is gone, Bob.
I'd say if you're willing to foot the bill for Iraq and Afghanstan? Yeah, we could work something out....

Oh, and I want my taxes back from tax years 2001-2008..... Fair is fair....

Old 02-18-2010, 05:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Fantastic idea.. with 2 flaws though.. (always has to be flaws)
1) I live in a Democratic district but oppose the stimulus.. Are you claiming those who support the stimulus but live in Republican ones shouldnt receive money as well?
2) Are those willing to forgo the stimulus money also off the hook for paying for it?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
What else would we expect from a criminal administration.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I'd say if you're willing to foot the bill for Iraq and Afghanstan? Yeah, we could work something out....

Oh, and I want my taxes back from tax years 2001-2008..... Fair is fair....
Footing the bill for the war in Iraq would be cheaper... But why would we be required to pay for Afghanistan? After all, Obama increased the troops there..

Old 02-18-2010, 06:08 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
I find myself not caring at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies