Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:34 PM

28 posts, read 33,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
XE.com: USD to JPY rate: 5,000.00 USD = 459,196.19 JPY
You're not loosing (did you mean losing?) anything. The rate is 91.8208 yen to the dollar. What kind of exchange did you go to?

The dollar dropped when Bush was in office, it rallied shortly after Obama was elected, dropped and is now higher than when I moved to Europe this time, from Japan where I lived for several years.
During the Bush administration, when I lived in Japan, the dollar dropped from 117 high to 85 low.
As you can see it is now rallying.

You couldn't live on 459k yen for a week when you were staying with family?
Even if you got a very bad exchange rate with 400k yen for the week, you'd be able to spend extravagantly.
I find this OP to be highly suspect; okay, absolutely unbelievable.
Eating in Japan is relatively inexpensive; mass transit, the same unless you're taking the bullet train.
What were you doing?

What does Obama have to do with this? If I enjoy $5 hamburgers, why not eat them.
Sounds good to me.

You might want to get your facts straight.
Your entire premise is dishonest and apparently a transparent attempt to besmirch Obama.

i kinda went to my bank in mishima... thats how much they gave me back
300000 yen, no charges no fees just my money

and you dont see ANY other country leaders eating at some $5 rastaurant... do you? maybe some country in south america. but all other leaders you see are working, doing something, making something better, but obabma you see him on the news going on vacations, eating out to dinner with his wife, going to vegas, i feel like obama is just another person, not another leader

and ya our education system sucks, how can one part of the city have really good education, and another part of the city have a worse one when its the same country.

Last edited by mejiseike; 02-19-2010 at 11:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejiseike View Post

and you dont see ANY other country leaders eating at some $5 rastaurant... do you? maybe some country in south america. but all other leaders you see are working, doing something, making something better, but obabma you see him on the news going on vacations, eating out to dinner with his wife, going to vegas, i feel like obama is just another person, not another leader

and ya our education system sucks, how can one part of the city have really good education, and another part of the city have a worse one when its the same country.

what did you think about bush going down to crawford ranch all of the time? as far as i've read, Obama and his family took one vacation in Hawaii around christmastime. what's wrong with $5 burgers? if he ate expensive food, you'd accuse them of being the American king louis XVI and marie antoinette.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
and you dont see ANY other country leaders eating at some $5 rastaurant... do you?
You see world leaders in restaurants? Wow! You really get around.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:22 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
At least he didn't go for one of those Carl Jr six-dollar hamburgers.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:

I still don't believe you. Maybe if you were there when the dollar was at 850, but not at current rates. A Japanese bank would not rob you. And your first post said 2700. Which is it?

You have no idea what any other country leader pays for meals - and it's none of your business. Cut the crap. You're just here to bash Obama for garbage.

Yes, we can tell that you take no part in education.

Off to the twit filter.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:48 AM

27 posts, read 48,442 times
Quote:
I still don't believe you. Maybe if you were there when the dollar was at 850, but not at current rates. A Japanese bank would not rob you. And your first post said 2700. Which is it?

You have no idea what any other country leader pays for meals - and it's none of your business. Cut the crap. You're just here to bash Obama for garbage.

Yes, we can tell that you take no part in education.

Off to the twit filter.
it looks like hes saying $2700... and 300000 yen but nice try

and my grandmas japanese and wants to move her money from here in america back to japan, so she went to the bank and they told her she would lose too much money if she did that

she thought the bank just wanted her money so she called one of my cousins in japan (CEO of a bank out of Nigata, japan) and he told her the same thing, that she would lose almost half of her money

Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You want a new President because things cost more in Japan?

Maybe American needs to spend more on Education?
For some I don't think that even that would help.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:59 PM

27 posts, read 48,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
For some I don't think that even that would help.
blondes haha

Old 02-24-2010, 06:00 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Anyone know where the op ran off to?
It looks like they got banned.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
is there any way you guys think that america will get better

im not asking will it get better, or how it will.

cuz right now it sucks!!!!!

i went to japan with 5000 dollars and only got back about 2700 dollars back (but in yen of course)
thats almost half! i could only stay in japan for about a week only buying food and train tickets (stayed with family)
its been bad for a couple years now but loosing nearly half my money is just wow

and our "leader" is eating at $5 burger places... no class. we need a new president to fix things

huh....what are you talking about

2700 bucks would only last you a couple of days in NYC...you should be thankful it lasted you a week....I assume you mean TOYKO, Japan,,,,a major city, and an expensive one at that

oh and btw...what are you talking about a $5 burger place.....a big mac is $10 in nyc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies