Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
huh....what are you talking about

2700 bucks would only last you a couple of days in NYC...you should be thankful it lasted you a week....I assume you mean TOYKO, Japan,,,,a major city, and an expensive one at that

oh and btw...what are you talking about a $5 burger place.....a big mac is $10 in nyc
workingclasshero ! ... Well Said ! .............

btw up here on the east coast of Portland the Big Fattening Mac meal is just under $12 ! ...... America ..... What A Country !

Thanks / Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 07:46 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejiseike View Post
is there any way you guys think that america will get better

im not asking will it get better, or how it will.

cuz right now it sucks!!!!!

i went to japan with 5000 dollars and only got back about 2700 dollars back (but in yen of course)
thats almost half! i could only stay in japan for about a week only buying food and train tickets (stayed with family)
its been bad for a couple years now but loosing nearly half my money is just wow

and our "leader" is eating at $5 burger places... no class. we need a new president to fix things
You want it fixed it will take more than just a new president it will take a new political party. one that is funded by the little guy you and I. Forget right wing andf left wing they have left the middle wide open. The Penny pinching people's party.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:05 PM

27 posts, read 48,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
You want it fixed it will take more than just a new president it will take a new political party. one that is funded by the little guy you and I. Forget right wing andf left wing they have left the middle wide open. The Penny pinching people's party.

haha yes! your so right

Old 02-25-2010, 08:07 PM

You are welcome

Old 02-25-2010, 08:44 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
The current president is the one that is attempting to assure a more secure enviornment for the "average" (read not wealthy) american. . . and you want to get rid of him in order to allow the Republicans to continue their "government by and for the wealthy and powerful" agenda? I fail to see how that will help you.

I suppose the question you should be asking yourself then is, "Do we want a 'not wealthy, AVERAGE America or do we want a PROSPEROUS, POWERFUL and SUCCESSFUL America?"

Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM

What made America the wealthyest nation on earth is the size and wealth of the middle class. That was then this is now. We are broke and china is going to be the rcihest nation on earth. Wana do something about it? Pay the poor more and stop outsorcing jobs to china.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 AM

27 posts, read 48,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post

I suppose the question you should be asking yourself then is, "Do we want a 'not wealthy, AVERAGE America or do we want a PROSPEROUS, POWERFUL and SUCCESSFUL America?"

well its working for japan... they have a huge middle class and their lower and upper classes are small

america... alot of rich people... a TON of poor people, and a shrinking middle class

and what i believe is that america for the passed 70 years OR SO has been so rich was because of the fact that WW2 and WW1, the rest of the world was still re-building from the wars while america was all good

but now that the world is built up... america needs to do something different to keep up with the world, but americas rich is too greedy to pay the poor more, and the gov is paying too much to the poor

Old 02-26-2010, 06:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
is there any way you guys think that america will get better

im not asking will it get better, or how it will.

cuz right now it sucks!!!!!

i went to japan with 5000 dollars and only got back about 2700 dollars back (but in yen of course)
thats almost half! i could only stay in japan for about a week only buying food and train tickets (stayed with family)
its been bad for a couple years now but loosing nearly half my money is just wow

and our "leader" is eating at $5 burger places... no class. we need a new president to fix things

Old 02-26-2010, 06:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Not quite America's poor but getting there..America's blue collar class.

Blue-collar workers hanging on by thread | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Old 02-26-2010, 07:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
i kinda went to my bank in mishima... thats how much they gave me back
300000 yen, no charges no fees just my money

and you dont see ANY other country leaders eating at some $5 rastaurant... do you? maybe some country in south america. but all other leaders you see are working, doing something, making something better, but obabma you see him on the news going on vacations, eating out to dinner with his wife, going to vegas, i feel like obama is just another person, not another leader

and ya our education system sucks, how can one part of the city have really good education, and another part of the city have a worse one when its the same country.
No, $5.00 meals would be beneath most of them:

Nicolas Sarkozy's favourite chef wins three Michelin stars - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies