Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,777,609 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear the full story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 05:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
How absolutely ridiculous. The thought police ineed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Are you pro woman to woman who are pro life
I am. I will respect their opinion on the subject, and ask that they respect mine.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:00 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Sort of like the guy who was arrested for having rifles and ammo, because his wife told the the police she thought he was preparing for Armageddon.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:15 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sort of like the guy who was arrested for having rifles and ammo, because his wife told the the police she thought he was preparing for Armageddon.
Nope, that guy was arrested because he had illegal grenades and set up an indoor firing range in the attic of his condo complex (shared walls).

Old 02-19-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
I would like to hear the full story
What do you mean the "full story"? It's explained clearly in the article.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What do you mean the "full story"? It's explained clearly in the article.
Iowa Woman Arrested For Even Considering An Abortion
is misleading at best
as the article said Apparently the nurse and doctor thought that Taylor threw herself down the stairs on purpose. at that point they have a duty to call the police if she was trying to hurt herself. When they found out it was not the case she was released. Do you think the doctor should just send them home and let them succeed in killing themself next time

Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 PM

How did they only find it out was not the case after arresting her? She told them in the hospital exactly what happened and that it wasn't on purpose. She wasn't arrested for trying to hurt herself, she was arrested for "attempted feticide". If they thought she was a danger to herself, she would have been put on the psych ward.

'I never said I didn't want my baby': Mom won't be prosecuted | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
Iowa Woman Arrested For Even Considering An Abortion
is misleading at best
as the article said Apparently the nurse and doctor thought that Taylor threw herself down the stairs on purpose. at that point they have a duty to call the police if she was trying to hurt herself. When they found out it was not the case she was released. Do you think the doctor should just send them home and let them succeed in killing themself next time

Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
How did they only find it out was not the case after arresting her? She told them in the hospital exactly what happened and that it wasn't on purpose. She wasn't arrested for trying to hurt herself, she was arrested for "attempted feticide". If they thought she was a danger to herself, she would have been put on the psych ward.

'I never said I didn't want my baby': Mom won't be prosecuted | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register
I would think that most people that try to hurt themself and change there mind would lie about it at first. Sounds like they arrested her with what they could and sorted it out later to me and thats not the best method

Old 02-19-2010, 08:15 PM

When someone is a danger to themselves, they put them under a psych hold in the hospital, no need to arrest them.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:30 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
I don't see what the big deal is about arresting this woman.

We already sentence people to longer sentences for "hate" crimes.

That's punishing someone for their thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies