Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times

Advertisements

Interesting that this didn't make the Sunday morning news shows, but Tiger Woods did. I guess it isn't in big media/big business/big government's favor to talk about pissed off people too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 08:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
You really show your ignorance when you write something sarcastic like that. First local taxes pay for most of everything you just mentioned there. Gas tax pays for the roads; either way, does it really cost that much for some asphalt? Just look at our dilapidated infrastructure, crime ridden inner cities and failed foreign it's obvious they aren't spending the money on roads, police and national security.

We didn't even have an income tax until ~1913 and it was voluntary. How do you think we went through the industrial revolution without one?!?!?
The military is funded by local taxes? I'm shocked.
You're the one that doesn't seem to have a handle on the topic of what taxes cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I pay enough in taxes, I don't want my charitable contributions to my church to be taxed as well.
And I don't want my tax dollars paying for war.
Too bad I don't get a choice.
Your myth gets a tax break.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:06 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Interesting that this didn't make the Sunday morning news shows, but Tiger Woods did. I guess it isn't in big media/big business/big government's favor to talk about pissed off people too much.
I agree. It seems to be a deflection of some sort. It also tells me how much power over the media the fed has. And that is a big problem.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:02 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
LOL. I guess you don't keep up with facts. Stolen IDs and SS# are the number one crime in this country.
Talk about deflection.

Were you previously talking about Identity Theft or were you talking about illegal aliens who are earning money in our country by using fake SS #'s and how hard it is to prove something to the evil IRS?

Please, don't bother answering.. I already know what kind of answer to expect from you.

What is a circular reasoning?

Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
I would hardly consider going from 800 threats to 1,000 threats a worrisome trend, especially considering the population of the US.

I would also say that since half of the current administration's cabinet are tax cheats, including the head tax collector Geithner, I am surprised that the numbers aren't vastly higher.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:34 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The military is funded by local taxes? I'm shocked.
You're the one that doesn't seem to have a handle on the topic of what taxes cover.

And I don't want my tax dollars paying for war.
Too bad I don't get a choice.
Your myth gets a tax break.
"your myth gets a tax break" - LOL.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 844 times
The it's 'who you are' atmosphere in Austin has 'created a monster' at the Austin IRS office. I worked for Treasury-IRS for over 12 years and was puzzled as to why people hated us and Polk wanted us dead. I found out for myself after I filed a complaint against my IRS manager. He along with my chain of command abused their power to fabricate charges against me using the power of IRS. The Power to Destroy as one congress man called it. I went to Congressman Lloyd Doggett and Kay Bailey Hutchinson to get help. Doggett on separate occasions years apart. I was being terrorized by Austin IRS. They sent me a letter telling me they had 'changed my tax return and I owed taxes.' I knew that stalking and a violation of the Reform and Restructuring Act of 1998 and called local police. Austin police just told me that they didn't investigate federal agencies. Unknown to me the presence of a tax debt keeps media away. Month after month, I was terrorized. They harassed anyone trying to help me too like a bad horror movie. I went to TIGTA, but TIGTA covered up the acts of IRS management.
I discovered that former congressman Sam Ervin, Jr Subcommittee on Constitutional Rights had investigated IRS in the early 70's because it was found that they created a group called the Special Service Group to go after those who said something they didnt like. Ervin also chaired the Watergate Commission. Nixon resigned. Ervin thought IRS had disbanded the group that created an enemies list and violated their civil rights. He was wrong. IRS came after me, Jennifer Long, Lynn Meredith and Riad Hamad on their retaliation date which is their return due date. Since Treasury is the richest group, they are allowed to get away with these bad acts. I ask for Timothy Geighner and the IRS Commissioner to look into the off the track acts of AUSTIN IRS which will unravel this whole team. Start with Treasury-TFI's bribe to the Austin Police Department 3-17-08. THanks Sara Black

Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Default Threats to the IRS rise sharply

IRS Employees Face Rising Threats - ABC News

Tread carefully, government. Oops...is that a threat?

Old 02-23-2010, 05:58 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Follow up:

Nuremberg Principle IV states: "The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him".

Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
IRS Employees Face Rising Threats - ABC News

Tread carefully, government. Oops...is that a threat?
No surprise that you right wingers think threatening people is funny. That's no news, unfortunately.
Our homegrown terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies