Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 08:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Ron Paul is not the right man to lead our great nation IMO.
Why do you think he's not the right man ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 09:07 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
There's an old aspect of politics that when a new movement comes along there are established interests who will seek to co-opt or take over that budding movement and bend it to their own purposes.

Chris Matthews had a person on his TV show who was ostensibly the leader of the Tea Party group and I'm here to tell you, that chap was a bona fide fruit cake. It really amazes me that there are people out there who seriously have the views which that character voiced. I'd bet that Ron Paul would want nothing to do with that man, or his viewpoints. Thus it seems that the neo-cons are dead set on keeping Ron Paul from having any effect in the political marketplace.
It wasn't this interview with Sheriff Mack was it? Mack knows his stuff.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/vp/35439226#35439226

Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Ron Paul is not the right man to lead our great nation IMO.
You seem very confident in your opinion.

And, why at this time in American history, do you think America is a great nation?

Because it has produced luminaries like D*ck Cheney?

Old 02-20-2010, 09:31 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You seem very confident in your opinion.

And, why at this time in American history, do you think America is a great nation?

Because it has produced luminaries like D*ck Cheney?
pommysmommy has had multiple posts in this thread bashing Ron Paul but hasn't said anything with substance.

It would shock me if he knew Ron Pauls policies AND his reasonings behind them. I used to be uninformed like pommom, probably worse. Don't take any candidates word on the issues, look at how they vote and why.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
Only one of those four MIGHT be a contender in 2012.

Liberals must be scared already.

Three of those four could beat Obama if the election were held today.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:06 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,506,631 times
Ron Paul is the only politician I still respect. This is great news! It's a sign (I hope) that the neo-con freakshow is coming to an end and that the Republican party is becoming more Libertarian.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:27 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Ron Paul. What the hell is wrong with those idiots at CPAC? This is why American's don't take conservatives seriously.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Ron Paul. What the hell is wrong with those idiots at CPAC? This is why American's don't take conservatives seriously.
Maybe they're desperate.

Maybe this is their last step before flying their airplanes into buildings.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:49 AM

698 posts, read 1,508,906 times
Ron Paul is the only guy on the right that actually makes sense. I usually vote left but if Ron was a front runner for the republicans he would get my support. His anti drug war policy, immigration policy, national security policy, education policy, his strong support of civil liberties over foolish government security and invasion of privacy are good ideas. Take for granted though that some of his ideas might seem a little extreme and impossible to implement(abolition of fiat currency and income tax) but I think if he was elected he do things that would give more power and liberty back to the individual.

Republicans if they had their way woud want our government to become a christian theocracy and democrats if given their way would want us to move closer to Statism. I know most Americans want neither and want to enjoy their lives without government telling them how to live socially and economically.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
Ron Paul is the only guy on the right that actually makes sense. I usually vote left but if Ron was a front runner for the republicans he would get my support. His anti drug war policy, immigration policy, national security policy, education policy, his strong support of civil liberties over foolish government security and invasion of privacy are good ideas. Take for granted though that some of his ideas might seem a little extreme and impossible to implement(abolition of fiat currency and income tax) but I think if he was elected he do things that would give more power and liberty back to the individual.

Republicans if they had their way woud want our government to become a christian theocracy and democrats if given their way would want us to move closer to Statism. I know most Americans want neither and want to enjoy their lives without government telling them how to live socially and economically.
He may be too Conservative for conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies