Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Dr. Drew is a Ph.D who was an Obama friend in the early 80s. He will soon be one of the most smeared people in the nation, if he is allowed to remain alive.

Google him for a real surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 04:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
He founded an anti-apartheid group at Occidental?

And nowadays he's disassociating himself from that, and trying to smear Obama based on his "gut feeling"?

Old 02-21-2010, 05:02 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Oh, goodie something new "Obama gets his Vince Foster conspiracy"!!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

And nowadays he's disassociating himself from that, and trying to smear Obama based on his "gut feeling"?
Do you think that the discussions that Drew and Obama had with others of the Marxist persuasion in the 1980s at Occidental weren't real? Do you really think that Drew is doing the smearing? I wonder what the "Chicago Mafia" will attempt to do to Drew. I can't wait to see them begin their smear of him in order to discredit him.

Do you know that he is a respected professor and writer about a topic that Obama doesn't want to believe in. He is a Constitutionalist and that is going to be tough on him when they get started.

Really, I thought when I heard that one hour interview on the radio that he was talking on that he just wanted to tell us that he and Obama had both been Marxists when they met. Oh, I know, you folks believe that he never was a Marxist but then he was a follower of the teachings of Saul Alinsky and that would take another Marxist to believe. How about studying his first and still civilian force named Public Allies to see just what community organizers want to happen? Have you studied that?

Have you not seen your reply there as a normal attempt to change the subject from what is going on? You guys are all the same, just some, like you, are a lot better than most.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, goodie something new "Obama gets his Vince Foster conspiracy"!!
Nice attempt at deflection. Would you like to have me bring a link to the radio interview that Drew had about a week ago with a Pittsburgh talk radio show? I don't think you want to hear it and surely you don't want any other libs to be exposed to it. I believe I will have to bring it aboard.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:

Because all I got was deflection of the worst kind about Drew I decided that I might as well bring on the very thing that I think Drew will be smeared so badly about. Remember that he was interviewed by this talk show host because maybe he is telling nothing but truth.

Please remember that I said google him and you proved nothing other than that he was a member of an anti-apartheid activist group at Occidental which one Barack Obama found his speech making talent as a member of. Why didn't you mention that Obama was also a member of that group? I know but you could go ahead and tell us.

Anyway the deflection caused me to bring this link to the forum although I know there will be complete silence or nothing but attacks on Drew and probably me.

BBCW: Obama a Marxist in College?: John C. Drew Sheds Light on Obama College Years

Old 02-21-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Because all I got was deflection of the worst kind about Drew I decided that I might as well bring on the very thing that I think Drew will be smeared so badly about. Remember that he was interviewed by this talk show host because maybe he is telling nothing but truth.

Please remember that I said google him and you proved nothing other than that he was a member of an anti-apartheid activist group at Occidental which one Barack Obama found his speech making talent as a member of. Why didn't you mention that Obama was also a member of that group? I know but you could go ahead and tell us.
Because I thought it would be obvious to you from my post that I was aware he was a member of Dr. Drew's group. I didnt know you were asking us to write a biography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Anyway the deflection caused me to bring this link to the forum although I know there will be complete silence or nothing but attacks on Drew and probably me.

BBCW: Obama a Marxist in College?: John C. Drew Sheds Light on Obama College Years
roy, as I posted in the first post after yours in this thread, this guy is distancing himself from his own early years, and trying to score points with whoever or whatever it's important for him to by this sudden, "shocking" expose on Obama. For whatever reason.

This is a non-story, in the real world -- beyond the edges of your TV.

Thanks for coming back to the thread though, I wanted to thank you for the chuckle on "....if he is allowed to remain alive."

Old 02-21-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Because I thought it would be obvious to you from my post that I was aware he was a member of Dr. Drew's group. I didnt know you were asking us to write a biography.

roy, as I posted in the first post after yours in this thread, this guy is distancing himself from his own early years, and trying to score points with whoever or whatever it's important for him to by this sudden, "shocking" expose on Obama. For whatever reason.

This is a non-story, in the real world -- beyond the edges of your TV.

Thanks for coming back to the thread though, I wanted to thank you for the chuckle on "....if he is allowed to remain alive."
So you really think Rahm will allow Drew to remain alive after him dropping this little tidbit about the college days of Obama. I don't remember Obama talking about this part of his life. Of course, it would be hard for him to run from the Marxist days if this story gets out to widely known.

Hey, thanks for admitting that I humored you with that little bit of crap. Now I do wonder what methods they will use to discredit him any more than what you tried.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:51 AM

Oh, he'll never be allowed to remain alive

See ovcatto's post above.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:05 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I played the audio interview and while his encounters with Obama ring true everything after that sounds like pure speculative BS from a guy who has read a lot of books on Obama and is regurgitating some of it looking for his 15 minutes of fame. I believe what this guys says about the encounters but that info is lite and everything he heaps on to it sounds like he's pulling it out of his butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies