Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Here is another example:

Friday, speaking at an ultra-conservative conference, Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty attacked the Recovery Act and said "we can't spend more than we have" -- even though he couldn't balance his state budget without dipping into Recovery Act funds.

It's just another hypocritical attack from a party that is more interested in partisan gridlock than putting Americans back to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 08:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Wait so because he is anti-war that automatically makes him a liberal? I am a conservative that is against war does that make me a liberal?

That is ridiculous.
And considering Obama was against the war, before he was for it, I'm trying to figure out if this is the OP's attempt at trying to call Obama a conservative so he can begin to distance himself from the President..

Old 02-21-2010, 08:30 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The problem with your thesis is that Ron Paul is libertarian. He is about as far from liberal as can be found.

Palin isn't conservative either. Everytime she talks, or places a vote, it's for MORE government. Not less.

And conservatives were against the Iraq war. People like Pat Buchanon were opposed to it before it ever started. It's not even debatable that conservatives were against Iraq. Just look at what conservative wrote before the war and you can see that. It was the liberal wing of the republican party that was for it.

Look at history anyway. Liberals have been the ones with the aggressive foreign policy. WW1- Wilson, WW2- Roosevelt, Korea- Truman, Vietnam- Kennedy/Johnson, Bosnia/Kosovo- Clinton. Even republican wars in Iraq and Panama were done by the Bushes. The most liberal of republican presidents.

Sorry, your entire premise is inaccurate and based on stereotypes. Congrats though. You managed to stereotype Democrats and Republicans. Not may people can do that.

Once again Ron Paul is Libertarian. And since when did libs want to legalize marijuana? I never heard the Clintons or Obama or Biden say that.
Pat Buchanon is a real conservative and not a neo conservative. And Clinton, Biden and Obama are not liberals. They are neo cons.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And considering Obama was against the war, before he was for it, I'm trying to figure out if this is the OP's attempt at trying to call Obama a conservative so he can begin to distance himself from the President..
pghquest shoots..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Pat Buchanon is a real conservative and not a neo conservative. And Clinton, Biden and Obama are not liberals. They are neo cons.
And scores... once again..

Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama IS a conservative. His policies are essentially the same as Bush's were whether it is on Iraq, bailing out the big banks, GM and Wall Street or any number of other issues. He FOOLED lots of people like me by running as a liberal but now he has shown his true stripes.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
[quote=OhioIstheBest;12999157]The problem with your thesis is that Ron Paul is libertarian. He is about as far from liberal as can be found.

Quote:
Palin isn't conservative either. Everytime she talks, or places a vote, it's for MORE government. Not less.
she isnt?

Quote:
And conservatives were against the Iraq war. People like Pat Buchanon were opposed to it before it ever started. It's not even debatable that conservatives were against Iraq.
lol

Quote:
Just look at what conservative wrote before the war and you can see that. It was the liberal wing of the republican party that was for it.
liberal wing of the republican party??? and who are these liberals in the republican party? its funny now republicans care about being specific various wings of a party

Quote:
Look at history anyway. Liberals have been the ones with the aggressive foreign policy. WW1- Wilson, WW2- Roosevelt, Korea- Truman, Vietnam- Kennedy/Johnson, Bosnia/Kosovo- Clinton. Even republican wars in Iraq and Panama were done by the Bushes. The most liberal of republican presidents.
bush is conservative

Quote:
Once again Ron Paul is Libertarian. And since when did libs want to legalize marijuana? I never heard the Clintons or Obama or Biden say that
care to explain how this would fit any conservative agenda

Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
He is a hawkish bastid, Pat that is!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Obama IS a conservative. His policies are essentially the same as Bush's were whether it is on Iraq, bailing out the big banks, GM and Wall Street or any number of other issues. He FOOLED lots of people like me by running as a liberal but now he has shown his true stripes.
Read the link I posted about Ron Paul.
Look at Ron Paul's voting history.
Ron Paul votes just as he talks.
He's not out to fool anyone.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Not even close.. Obama is so far left that it seems to be driving you to not even want to associate yourself with him.

Obama didnt bail out the banks, he simply changed how the investments were made by Bush were collateralized.

His policies arent even close to the same as Bushs.. Ok, I cant say this is true, because I dont even know where his policies stand with Iraq anymore. Iraqs plans are still being carried out as Bush planned them.. Has Obama even done anything to change them? I dont think so, but its possible, but even if he hasnt that doesnt make him a conservative, it either makes him not leadership material, or it validates the Bush strategy.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Read the link I posted about Ron Paul.
Look at Ron Paul's voting history.
Ron Paul votes just as he talks.
He's not out to fool anyone.
Kev was referring to Obama fooling people..

As I stated above, the OP is trying to seperate themself from Obama.. Dam, we should have an accuratcy rating here on cd..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies