Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The difference between Dick Cheney and Colin Powell is that when Cheney speaks people pay attention.
And Cheney is always being attacked and coming out to defend himself, where Powell, who even remembers he is alive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
That's exactly what I think about Cheney and his daughter.
Dick Cheney was consistently the target of Obama's attacks. He had every right to go and defend himself.

Colin Powell has done nothing but support big spending in Washington and continues to do so at our nation's peril. He needs to go away.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:29 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Republicans, at some point, are going to have to do something, he says.

It's time to get past the incessant partisan potshots being taken at President Obama and forge some progress, Colin Powell told Face the Nation today. "I don’t think the country will be well served if the next three years are attempts to bring him down and destroy him as a political figure," said the Republican, who added that "Americans will want to see some progress" and said he doesn't regret voting for Obama in 2008.

Colin Powell: Time to Cut the Obama Bashing
Wow an Obama supporter saying stop criticizing Obama there is something not new

Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it is amazing to see that the party in charge is now blaming the party not in charge for not getting anything done.......

that is the ultimate "victim" mentality.

Amazing, the lengths that some will go thru to protect this President in charge. The party of Charge, who cannot get a CHARGE GOING!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Who cares what Powell thinks? He's an idiot. Remember, he's the one that said WMD's existed when they didn't.
Take a survey of Americans and ask them who they admire more: Colin Powell or Dick Cheney. We all know who would win that one.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I agree - it IS time to lay off Obama. Lay him off with no unemployment benefits, no White House, no motorcade, no Secret Service, and no access to any sort of legislative agenda ever again.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:02 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Republicans, at some point, are going to have to do something, he says.

It's time to get past the incessant partisan potshots being taken at President Obama and forge some progress, Colin Powell told Face the Nation today. "I don’t think the country will be well served if the next three years are attempts to bring him down and destroy him as a political figure," said the Republican, who added that "Americans will want to see some progress" and said he doesn't regret voting for Obama in 2008.

Colin Powell: Time to Cut the Obama Bashing
100% agree with Colin Powell. The partisan bashing needs to stop if we are going to ever see any progress during the remainder of Obama's presidency. I'm so disappointed with many of my fellow conservatives for the childish attacks on Obama.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
100% agree with Colin Powell. The partisan bashing needs to stop if we are going to ever see any progress during the remainder of Obama's presidency. I'm so disappointed with many of my fellow conservatives for the childish attacks on Obama.
It's precisely the "progress" that Obama intends that scares the heck out of the rest of us. Wake up! You're being lulled to sleep by the rhetoric.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
maybe there has been partisanship because we are going in the wrong direction, with out of control spending, uncontrolled illegal immigration, open borders with overt war aggression, and a lack of focus or direction.

when a country is in economic trouble, it should be focusing on jobs and not "benefits". it is disgraceful to use a health care "bribe" to get this country off focus on what they really need to focus on, which is employment in this country. that is where the "income" part comes in for both the government and the private sector. it is interesting that the one thing they have gotten through now is a jobs bill with a tax break for hiring, and i think that says something.

people with jobs can pay their mortgage, pay their taxes, contribute to the economy, and help grow the economy. people without jobs will just increase the social service demand and increase those expenses, as we are seeing now, and that is a bad spiral downward.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Gee, and it is only the conservatives that bash? The liberals haven't attacked and bashed anything the other party has presented, have they?

I agree, progress will only be made by a joint effort, not by blaming one side or the other exclusively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies