Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What an odd thing to say. I wonder who is target audience was or who it is supposed to be?
Basically, he wants to end funding for Planned Parenthood because they offer abortion services. He says that because people are aborting their first kids, they are having children with disabilities as "punishment".

The target audience:

Quote:
The press conference was held by a group called Virginia Christian Action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
You really have to look at his electorate. Who voted for this guy?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:34 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
I wonder if he thinks the same thing about parents whose kids are gay or bisexual.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:46 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I do believe they were making a point about the fact that she has a disabled child. The logic of the legislator from the OP, applied to Palin, would mean that she was punished with Flip, Trick, or whatever her youngest child's name is because she aborted her first born.
OK, I just thought that no one cared what Sarah Palin thought. Carry on.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:10 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
OK, I just thought that no one cared what Sarah Palin thought. Carry on.
Well, that's just not the case, Mr. Joshua. I would venture to say there are a few million Americans who do - an estimated 2.7 million copies of "Going Rogue" have already sold.

The press has a field day with her every burp and sneeze.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:32 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Sometimes, I wonder why I have any faith left in humanity...

Here's a link
Iam strong pro life but this guy will hopefully be voted out of office

Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb Two Things Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Well, that's just not the case, Mr. Joshua. I would venture to say there are a few million Americans who do - an estimated 2.7 million copies of "Going Rogue" have already sold.

The press has a field day with her every burp and sneeze.
Number one, the gentlemen who made the remarks being commented on, and then suggesting that 'disabled kids are a punishment from God', should be taken somewhere and tied to a chair and made to listen to the parents of disabled kids 'til his brain goes into overload...honestly, I know quite a few folks who are Christians, and this idiot shmendrick gives them a bad name...

Secondly, I understand your disagreeing with MrJoshua, as is your right, but I have to side with him---I would say I'm one of those who doesn't particularly care for Mrs Palin...same as there are a growing legion of folks who don't care for the current President or his cabinet, to draw a parallel...

Her every 'burp and sneeze' is fodder for the press, same as the President and his kith and kin, because she has made the choice to put herself in the public eye, by speaking at various functions, working for Fox News, being an author ('Going Rogue')...the list goes on...therefore, those who care for her and support her, continue to make themselves heard, as do those who don't---that's just the way it is, no matter which side you happen to be on

Old 02-23-2010, 09:36 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What does Sarah Palin have to do with this?
..because Down Syndrome is considered a developmental disability.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:33 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
..because Down Syndrome is considered a developmental disability.
So now you are willing to listen to her opinion on something? Give me a break!

Old 02-23-2010, 10:49 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,303 times
I only read the article ,was the comment said in the audio portion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies