Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 02:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised so many politicians keep trying to play the Christian card...it's too easy to say something unfortunate and career ending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 02:27 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Pat Robertson *was* one of the people that signed the petition.

I rest my case.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:29 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
And thank you for the civil-ness of your reply...I see that you and I can agree to disagree on this issue, but that's a RARITY here on City-Data---I've seen some back and forth here in Politics, and also in the US Forums, that has literally made me say 'whoa---calm down...it's just a chat forum already!!' But I digress...I understand completely the point you were making, and though I don't agree with your opinion, I WILL respect both you and your right to express yourself
Thanks captain, but I think you're still not getting it - I never shared my personal opinion.

If you want my opinion, I don't think Palin is relevant and she certainly has no impact on my life one way or another. But that does not negate the fact that there are countless people who hang on her every move.

I'm sure there are some things that you and I would disagree on, but Palin isn't one of them. Thanks for appreciating the civility, I appreciate it too.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
I have a question for the rever...I mean...legislator.

All disabled children aren't born to women who aborted their first pregnancy. In those cases, what is the object of God's punishment?

Old 02-23-2010, 02:33 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
This is what Marshall said: (speaking out against planned parenthood)

Va. Lawmaker: Disabled Kids are God's Punishment for Abortion - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically," he reportedly said. "Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children."

"In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord," he added. "There's a special punishment Christians would suggest."

Then he backpedaled:

"No one who knows me or my record would imagine that I believe or intended to communicate such an offensive notion," he wrote. "I have devoted a generation of work to defending disabled and unwanted children, and have always maintained that they are special blessings to their parents. Nevertheless, I regret any misimpression my poorly chosen words may have created as to my deep commitment to fighting for these vulnerable children and their families."

Open mouth, insert foot.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:57 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times
Lightbulb You Are Right...And You're Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Thanks captain, but I think you're still not getting it - I never shared my personal opinion.

If you want my opinion, I don't think Palin is relevant and she certainly has no impact on my life one way or another. But that does not negate the fact that there are countless people who hang on her every move.

I'm sure there are some things that you and I would disagree on, but Palin isn't one of them. Thanks for appreciating the civility, I appreciate it too.
LOL...sometimes the eyes don't see what is right in front of them...you didn't express a personal opinion---you were making a statement...

I stand corrected, and I've enjoyed this exchange with you...if only others here could---Nahhhh, that'd be asking for too much, wouldn't it? LOL

Old 09-10-2012, 05:52 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Default Disabled Children are God's Punishment for Abortion

Quote:
The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,” said Marshall, a Republican.
Virginia lawmaker: Children with disabilities are God's punishment to women who previously had abortions. | ThinkProgress

Video of Bob Marshall Proves He Said What He Meant, Meant What He Said | rightwingwatch.org

They walk amongst us...

Delegate Bob Marshall

Old 09-10-2012, 05:58 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
If I didn't know better, I'd say the RW has been conducting a contest for Most Disgusting Excuse For A Human Being for the past decade...and the entrants are currently outdoing themselves.

These are repulsive people. These are ignorant people. These are cruelly stupid people.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:01 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times
which makes sense since most never aborted a child Party affiliation has nothing to do with being really stupid.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
which makes sense since most never aborted a child Party affiliation has nothing to do with being really stupid.
It makes sense to say that disabled children are a punishment from God??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies