Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:51 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Note to self: the existing healthcare plan for the handicap has been in effect for many years. This plan has nothing to do with the healthcare plan the Democrats want to push through out throats. All working Americans pay taxes to cover for the care of the handicap, including Palin.
Tripp doesn't have special needs .... he doesn't have married parents ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 01:55 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Note to self: the existing healthcare plan for the handicap has been in effect for many years. This plan has nothing to do with the healthcare plan the Democrats want to push through out throats. All working Americans pay taxes to cover for the care of the handicap, including Palin.
The baby is not handicapped.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:58 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
This has nothing to do with the Americans with Disabilities act. It concerns health care for Native Americans. Under The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, Todd Palin, the Palin children and their grandson are eligable for housing, heating, education and health care benefits as Todd Palin is part Y'upik.
It has been under discussion here that Sarah Palin' family has benefitted from federally funded health care, while she has spoken against the public health care option.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:02 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Tripp doesn't have special needs .... he doesn't have married parents ...
I misunderstood. It's her daughter's son, not Palin's. However, since Palin's daughter is part Native Alaskan, she too can receive such help for her kid. But again, this is not a national federal healthcare program that covers all Americans. It only covers Native Americans.

At the university where I work at, a great number of students take advantage of this healthcare, while others don't. In reality the healthcare provided is very minimal, except for cases of emergency. But in this case, the person (regardless of race) can go to any emergency room around the town, since emergency care can't be refused to anybody (including illegal aliens). The patient, if he or she has Native blood, has to go to the Native clinics and hospitals throughout Alaska. They have a couple of such clinics in Fairbanks, and a large hospital in Anchorage.

A lot of people have a "Native" ID card, which indicates that they have some Native blood, but in reality most won't go to the Native clinics and hospitals. We aren't talking about the best US doctors and nurses in these places, and I am certain that Palin's daughter is not taking her kid there. Have you ever gone to an Indian (Native American) clinic for medical care? Now, if I had some Native blood in me, I would certainly have the Native ID card for me and my kids, even if we would not go to the Native clinics.

Last edited by RayinAK; 02-22-2010 at 03:00 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 02:32 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Believe me, at age 47, I'd love to opt out of SS taxes so I could apply that money to a plan that will actually be solvent when I retire.
Only invest in what you can afford to lose!

What makes you think whatever you pay into will be solvent?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:44 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
All this nonsense and drama regarding this woman and her family. The Palins truly are the political version of Jerry Springer guests.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:50 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Only invest in what you can afford to lose!

What makes you think whatever you pay into will be solvent?
Well, my Federal S.S. work taxes have been going into a private retirement fund for 15 years now (this is my second retirement). However, my previous S.S. work taxes, to the age of 24, went into Social Security. I plan to retire a second time in seven years, and while I know that my investment has grown very nicely in the last 15 years, I have no idea if I will ever see a penny of the S.S. work taxes I paid to the age of 24.

Right now there is more money coming out of Social Security than what is going into it. What makes you think that you will see a penny of it?

Last edited by RayinAK; 02-22-2010 at 03:01 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A bunch of posters who dont understand the difference between FEDERAL UHC, which is unconstitutional, and state healthcare, which is where it belongs..
Ha, ha! The Indian Health Service, is funded by whom? THE FEDS! In all probability, so is the Alaskan Native Medical Center.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:58 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A bunch of posters who dont understand the difference between FEDERAL UHC, which is unconstitutional, and state healthcare, which is where it belongs..
No, it's not.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
When did I say that Tripp's health care was any part of "Obamacare". It's still federal. I'm paying taxes for it. Mind you, I'd rather pay taxes for that than a lot of other federal projects I'm supporting, but taxes are taxes. That baby is not handicapped, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies