U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you marry your complete political opposite?
Yes. 35 39.77%
No. 36 40.91%
Very, very rare chance. 17 19.32%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM

6,183 posts, read 5,654,979 times

Advertisements

dcs, trust me. None of us are interested. My hand is more pleasurable and intelectually stimulating. As for the topic, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think it would also be ideal for raising children - they get exposure behind the flaws and benefits of both sides. Oddly enough I'm the product of a bipartisan marriage. My dad is very liberal and while my mom is socially liberal she's fiscally conservative and comes from an old money conservative type family. Needless to say Thanksgiving is loads of fun. There's actually a conservative lady in one of my classes I'm building up the courage to talk to.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 PM

5,366 posts, read 5,963,350 times
I chose yes, but its not really that simple. I could date someone who disagreed with me on economic and fiscal policy, but I could never date someone who disagreed with me on social issues. I have too many gay relatives to date a social right winger.

My last ex and I disagreed on economic policy a WHOLE LOT. I wouldn't say it put strain on the relationship. It actually made the relationship more interesting and frisky every 2 years

Old 02-22-2010, 09:33 PM

8,623 posts, read 8,711,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I know. Like how you stopped talking to your sister who is a part of your family over it.

Oh didn't I tell you! We are talking now and she is totally against hussein obama. Sometimes it takes some harsh actions to get someone to wake up. Actually it took her pocketbook. She knows she will have a lot less in her bank account now that he is the president.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 PM

8,740 posts, read 11,136,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Oh didn't I tell you! We are talking now and she is totally against hussein obama. Sometimes it takes some harsh actions to get someone to wake up. Actually it took her pocketbook. She knows she will have a lot less in her bank account now that he is the president.
Hussein dcsldcd,

So you base if you want to maintain a relationship with her depending on what she thinks about Obama?

That speaks a lot about your character. SICKENING. I would never stop talking to my sis over politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I chose yes, but its not really that simple. I could date someone who disagreed with me on economic and fiscal policy, but I could never date someone who disagreed with me on social issues. I have too many gay relatives to date a social right winger.

My last ex and I disagreed on economic policy a WHOLE LOT. I wouldn't say it put strain on the relationship. It actually made the relationship more interesting and frisky every 2 years
I know what you mean. I would be ok with a fiscal conservative but never a social conservative or a delusional religious nutcase.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 PM

4,151 posts, read 10,632,747 times
I was thinking yes and voted so, and then i reread the question, "complete" was a word that didn't register the first time....
Doubtful, but then again, you never know....but people's brains really are a big part of my personal relationship chemistry regardless of partisanship....but to tell the truth, the ones that I agree with are always hotter, fitter, and more attractive overall to me!

Old 02-22-2010, 09:52 PM

8,623 posts, read 8,711,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Hussein dcsldcd,

So you base if you want to maintain a relationship with her depending on what she thinks about Obama?

That speaks a lot about your character. SICKENING. I would never stop talking to my sis over politics.

I know what you mean. I would be ok with a fiscal conservative but never a social conservative or a delusional religious nutcase.

No I base my relationship with her on her support for a man intent on destroying this country where my children need a future. She, like most liberals, are so closed minded they will not even look at or hear anything but the propaganda pumped into their brains from the left. It took her finances to finally want to know what hussein obama was doing to this country.

It was easy. I started with a list of his lies and a list of the kind of people he has put in his administration.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No I base my relationship with her on her support for a man intent on destroying this country where my children need a future. She, like most liberals, are so closed minded they will not even look at or hear anything but the propaganda pumped into their brains from the left. It took her finances to finally want to know what hussein obama was doing to this country.

It was easy. I started with a list of his lies and a list of the kind of people he has put in his administration.
So like I said. You base your relationship with your sister depending on if she supports Obama. Pathetic, hussein dcsldcd. Dont even BEGIN to call liberals so close minded. Have you looked at your posts?

The fact that you will not talk to your sister if she supports Obama? Pathetic. VERY pathetic.

And what did Obama do her "finances"? More lies. Expected.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 PM

6,183 posts, read 5,654,979 times
Wow Hussein actually stopped talking to her sister because they disagreed on a president? That's some Aryan nation type tactics there. I got family and people I love who I disagree with about Obama, doesn't mean I'll try to cut them out of my life. Let alone my own sister! And your sister must have quit her job or have a really high paying one if she lost money. I'm working class and made about $3800 more (after taxes) than I did last year working roughly the same hours. And the lady at the IRS here said I'll be getting a refund check too come May for a few hundred. Please don't try to kill her.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Wow Hussein actually stopped talking to her sister because they disagreed on a president? That's some Aryan nation type tactics there. I got family and people I love who I disagree with about Obama, doesn't mean I'll try to cut them out of my life. Let alone my own sister! And your sister must have quit her job or have a really high paying one if she lost money. I'm working class and made about $3800 more (after taxes) than I did last year working roughly the same hours. And the lady at the IRS here said I'll be getting a refund check too come May for a few hundred. Please don't try to kill her.
Exactly, Hussein dcsldcd is lying. Expected from the likes of the right though. Did you expect anything better from someone who stops talking to their sister over Obama?

Her sister didnt lose jack. Or anything else. It is just Aryan type notion as you stated.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:00 PM

241 posts, read 256,618 times
Why not? I'm pretty much an independent, though my views are I guess left-leaning libertarian. I have some very similar and yet also very different views than my husband, a classical liberal from France (now a US Citizen). I could see myself with someone more fiscally conservative, but not socially consevative. I'm very socially liberal and moderate-to -left fiscally. I couldn't imagine why a religious right type would even want to be with me, either, except to try to save my soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies